[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 68 KB, 500x376, 20110816-cpk-habanerocarnitas-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4659269 No.4659269 [Reply] [Original]

Hello /ck/ Let me posit my findings after much anecdotal research:

California style pizza is the superior pizza style. It takes pizza to a whole new art form, while pretentious New Yorkers would balk and call it blasphemy.

California has done more for pizza since 1982 than anyone else since it came to North America.*

Beginning with Wolfgang Puck's House Smoked Salmon Pizza to California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ Chicken pizza in 1985, there remains a thriving pizza scene in Los Angeles and the Yay Area with restaurants like Mozza and 800 Degrees cooking the freshest artisinal pizzas you could objectively have outside of Italy to casual chains like ZPizza and Pitfire.

If anyone balks at the non-traditional ingredients, the same kitchens can AND DO crank out the most legit Margheritas you could find.

Why are you a slave to the greasy cardboard of New York?
Pic related, I'm enjoying a Habanero Carnitas pizza as we speak.

*(Chicago style isn't technically pizza, kinda like a mulatto isn't technically black. Regardless, it is still delicious and should be celebrated.)

>> No.4659292
File: 47 KB, 408x410, herewegoagain.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4659269