[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 19 KB, 350x326, TexasDeBrazilLogo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4658082 No.4658082 [Reply] [Original]

Sup fellows.
My family is taking me to this expensive place for my birthday this weekend where it is all you can eat steak and grilled meats. I want to eat a shit load but my stomach usually gets full quick.

What are some tips so I can eat a ton of this fantastic food that I will probably never get to eat again.

>> No.4658092

>>4658082

>expensive place
>low quality chain restaurant

pick one

>> No.4658093

>>4658082
Professional eaters usually only eat lettuce a day before competition. Try that. Also Brazilian Steak house are the tits.

>> No.4658094

>>4658082
I ate at Texas de Brazil this weekend in Memphis. The food was pretty good. Simple answer is to just not fill up on the sides when you go through the line. (that will make sense when you see the place) They carry around the meats to the tables, and each piece is fairly small.

>> No.4658095

that's like the mcdonalds of steak based establishments.

>> No.4658811

>>4658082
At any of these places, stay away from that salad bar. There are a lot of interesting things on it, but it's there to distract you and fill you up so don't eat so much meat. Same for the yucca they serve on the table, and those little biscuits (god dam are they good).

Try everything, even game meat if they have any.

>> No.4659987

>>4658811
I have to disagree; the salad bar at Fogo de Chao was the best part. Not that the meat is bad, but the salad bar is awesome.

I've only been once, though, and here's why. I ate a bunch at the salad bar, and then I ate a bunch of the meat, and it was great, and all that, but then I finally get up and leave, and about half an hour later, I'm on the road and my stomach is feeling bloated as hell, and finally I just have to stop and take a crap.

So I go into a gas station, go into their restroom, and proceed to launch a five-inch diameter log powered by about thirty liters of high-pressure methane straight into their toilet. Which, of course, gets stuck. Badly.

Luckily, I escaped with my life. I do feel sorry for the poor girl behind the counter, though.

tl;dr: great food, stick to salad, enjoy.

>> No.4660024
File: 17 KB, 367x388, killthemalljohnny.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>expensive place
>all you can eat

>> No.4660052
File: 29 KB, 300x300, gran.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4658082
Yes, by all means stuff yourself silly so you can "get your money's worth" even though you aren't paying.
Foundering yourself to the point of discomfort is the only way to achieve value.
You should definitely do whatever you can to stretch your stomach and be able to really put it away when you visit the meat house this weekend.
You must take full advantage of this incredible offer, and in order to do so, may have to train yourself to either shit to make more room, or maybe vomit up a full belly so you may start again.
It's advisable to get there as soon as the dinner service starts, so that you may keep the table for several hours if need be, and digest and eat and digest and eat, until you've satisfied yourself.
Perhaps by smoking some marijuana, you'll also help increase your appetite. You may get "the munchies", which will aid in your meat gorging session.
Do not eat bread, salad, pasta, vegetables, or side dishes of any kind. These items are almost worthless. The real point here is to keep out all of the filler. Meat should be taking up the precious stomach space; it and it alone is the purpose of this trip.
Drink as little water as possible, it's another way to waste what should be room for meat.

>> No.4660055

The only way I'm able to stuff myself is if I'm drunk. So get decently buzzed and dive in.

>> No.4660099

>>4658092
>>4660024
i bet you two would be very fun together ^-^