[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 63 KB, 492x600, 87968678.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4643519 No.4643519 [Reply] [Original]

So i have a question i want to start raising goats and selling the meat in a restaurant. I was thinking goat meat tacos, and bbq. Would Anon eat goat meat?

>> No.4643521

I wouldn't have a problem eating goat but I'm guessing you're underestimating what it takes to run a restaurant.

>> No.4643523

>>4643521
eh more of a bbq joint that an all out restaurant i guess

>> No.4643525

why i want to do this is becuase i feel like society is starting to lack variety everything seems like its a chain and all those chains offer much of the same.

>> No.4643526

I feel sad when i travel to other cities now a days and it feels like i never left home. All the same food chains and stores.

>> No.4643530

>>4643523
The thing is that once you're making food for other people commercially, things get really different. You can be a top notch home cook and not at all be able to handle doing it commercially. I'm not saying to give up, just be aware that you're signing up for some seriously stressful times.

>> No.4643563

kebabs all the way

>> No.4643569

Could we have goat cheese in the goat tacos?

>> No.4643579

>>4643519
I don't think I could eat something so cute.

I can deal with cows and chickens and sitch because they're ugly.

>> No.4643584

>>4643569
yes

>> No.4643598

>>4643579

Goat is delicious.

>> No.4643651

I've made and eaten curried goat a few. I really enjoyed that. Don't see why I wouldn't try other dishes.

I'm in the UK by the way (don't know how other cultures feel about serving goat meat).

>> No.4643659

I love goat, but I think you're underestimating how much money and resources you would need to make that sort of thing sustainable

>> No.4643662

Goat is damn good. I cook it now and then, when I can find it. Would buy it in restaurants, have done so in the past.

>> No.4643667

>>4643519
>Would Anon eat goat meat?

Yes, it's delicious.

Though, OP, you need to do your research. Opening a restaurant is a difficult business proposition alone. On top of that you want to raise your own goats too? That's difficult. Even if you know how to breed goats you still need to have the land, be in compliance with the state/local/whatever laws regarding raising animals, having the meat inspected, legal slaughter, etc. There's a lot of legal and logistical problems to work out. Also, can your breeding match your demand for meat? What will you do if your demand drops or increases? Do you have a backup plan where you will get your meat from then? Or what to do with your surplus? That's not to say this is impossible, but it's certainly something that requires planning and research. Even if you have a great idea like: Oh, I'll sell my extra meat in an on-site butcher shop, is that even legal in your area?

But yeah, goat meat is delicious.

>> No.4643792

Curry, BBQ and tacos are the way to go with goat. Oh fuck I want goat now you nigger.

>> No.4643809

Yes, I would. I also would want goat cheese if I was eating at a place with its own goat farm. Maybe goat milk ice cream too. I'd be disappointed if there was no goat dairy is what I'm saying. I know it's a separate skillset from butchering, but I wouldn't even go to your place if you weren't doing both.