[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 57 KB, 350x233, 191103_v1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4639221 No.4639221 [Reply] [Original]

i fucking hate grocery shopping.
kids running around, women gossiping and big fat undesirables talking loudly on their cell phones and blocking the entire aisle.

and now this
http://www.cracked.com/article_20480_5-horrifying-secrets-supermarkets-dont-want-you-to-know.html

>> No.4639224
File: 22 KB, 414x413, 88630579bade2f480399818638d4a703.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The worst thing I ever saw in a grocery store was a guy with a cart full of trash because he's just picking things off the shelves and eating them there. When he went to check out, he had the poor cashier scanning his empty packages, then he paid and left with like two small bags of frozen dinners.

>> No.4639231

A man was balling up is shit and rolling it down his pant legs to deposit it on the floor of the aisles. When I realized what these balls on the floor were I walked out of the store, leaving my cart full of shit in the aisle, puked in the parking lot and left.

>> No.4639239

>>4639221
I worked at an Italian grocery store for a bit. Most of the time when something was "On Special", the price was the same as it was before, but the expiry date was within the week. If things didn't move fast enough, the price would be lowered once it hit the expiry date. Nobody really reads the expiry date on a bottle of olive oil 90% of the time, but if a customer mentioned it, we were supposed to act surprised, take the bottles off the shelf, cart them into the warehouse, give the customer a bottle from a new pack, then reshelve the expired stuff.
I spent a good afternoon wiping the expiry dates off the tops of jars of mustard once. Had to have been hundreds of jar from over a year ago, but they were still sealed and untouched. Most food really doesn't go bad.
Any time a package burst on dry pasta or candy, it was repackaged in smaller containers or plastic bags and sold anyway. If the seal was found broken on anything else, the food was usually salvaged and served in the in-store cafe.

Whenever I go shopping, I usually spend most of the time walking around thinking of what to cook with stuff and end up leaving the store with only what I can carry by myself. Late-night or early-morning off hours are the best, but don't stay there until closing time or come to the store before it opens.

>> No.4639246

>>4639221
Maybe you shouldn't live in a low class neighborhood then.

>> No.4639248

Meh. Shopping cart handles are no different than buses are no different from the door to the dentist. You have an immune system, so stop being such a whiny bitch. Hell, if you really want to get into the poop's gonna kill me so I'll live in a bubble territory, there isn't a toothbrush in the world that doesn't have traces of fecal mater on it.

As for changing dates, for standard packaging it'd be sketchy as fuck, but they're talking about a 15lb beef brisket. That's going to be in cryo, which has a shelf life of a month or two once it his the supermarket. Packaged on is the only date you should be paying attention to on a cryo pack, and it'll be stamped somewhere by the producer.

>> No.4639251

>>4639231
lol

>> No.4639253
File: 466 KB, 284x176, 1373469520022.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw i don't use a shopping cart

>> No.4639256

I'm the guy who rams your cart out of the way when you are too important to have common decency to make room for others.

>> No.4639260

>>4639256
My nig!
Hate that shit
Aisles in my grocery are wide enough for 2, sometimes even 3 carts to fit bit theres always some old cunt who thinks she's the only one in the store & parks her shit sideways blocking all traffic to stare at shit on the shelf while yapping on her cell phone

>> No.4639261

An obese couple both in those fastass scooters/chairs blocking both directions of the aisle.

>> No.4639269

A fatty with a scooter that's the size of my motorbike trying to do a 3 point turn in the aisle when it's busy as fuck.

>> No.4639274

>>4639246
>implying scumbags don't travel to white neighborhoods to shop because they can't get decent products in their shitty ghetto neighborhoods

i grew up in an all white neighborhood and never had interaction with a black person until i worked at our local grocery store

and now i'm a racist

>> No.4639277

>>4639274
>and now i'm a racist
Welcome aboard. Reality is a bitch, aint it?

>> No.4639288

>>4639277
i fully embrace it

it still makes me laugh that 80% of the people who claim they're not racist have never had to deal with minorities on any regular basis, and if they do its some black kid that's got a lawyer for a dad, rides skateboards and wears black sabbath t-shirts

>> No.4639292

>>4639274
thats why its nice to grow up in the 2nd white community out from the ghetto, you get a nice buffer

>> No.4639295

That expiration date thing isn;t a big deal. Most expiration dates are set way earlier than they should be, and their main purpose is to get people to throw away things they have already bought and come back and buy more once the date passes

>> No.4639301

>>4639295
This.

Also, the expiration date is also set earlier so that they can cover their arses.

As a general rule, I prefer to check my food for changes in appearance, odor or taste to determine if its expired.

>> No.4639331

>>4639253
this

i don't do actual grocery shopping for the most part. i'm usually there buying just what i need for the meal i plan to make. at worst i'll use one of those little baskets. i'm sure they're not any cleaner than the shopping carts but i'm really good about washing my hands as soon as i get home

>> No.4639581

>>4639221
tfw your local supermarket stopped selling condoms the same time they introduced the self checkout

>> No.4639601
File: 54 KB, 444x337, prodacing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4639581
Because having a cashier know you're going to be having sex is super embarrassing, especially since nobody else on earth is having sex. I can just imagine the cashiers whispering to each other as I'm leaving and laughing at that dumb schlep who's heading off to have sex. I mean, how embarrassing!

Almost as bad as when you buy tampons and they get all gossipy about that guy who just came in and has a girlfriend. A girlfriend who has a vagina and gets a period, no less!

>> No.4639617

>>4639224
> people eating food at a grocery store
Jesus fucking Christ, man.

>> No.4639626

>>4639601
>implying I buy those things because I have a girlfriend

>> No.4639641

>>4639626
Touche.

>> No.4639669

>>4639331
I bring my own reusable shopping bags. I rarely touch a buggy or basket these days.

>> No.4639672

The worst are the fat moms on cell phones who let their six little monkeys run around and fuck shit up and get in the way. And people in the store seem oblivious as fuck that there are other people trying to move around them. And the fucking niggers, coming in stinking of weed and shoplifting right out in the open. Minorities buying two cartfulls of potato chips, cookies, and ramen with food stamps. Disgruntled employees who don't give a fuck. Obese white trash on motor scooters buying blocks of Velveeta and bologna.

Fuck that. I wised up and moved to a hipster neighborhood where everyone is either single, gay, or married w no kids. I'll take the fixed-wheel hipsters and homo hand holding anyday over the aforementioned.

>> No.4639681

>>4639601
When I worked at 7-11 and a customer picked up some condoms y cervezas and he and his partner are all laughs and smiles, headed to the club, I'd say something like "Yall are havin' some fun tonight, huh?" 9/10 times they laughed, the other time they usually just smiled, a bit embarrassed. Nobody ever really seemed offended, and I didn't bring it up with other customers.

Of course, once it was a black couple, and he was like "shit, I ain't ready for a kid, knawmean?" I really respected that guy for breaking the stereotype :)

>> No.4639706

>>4639681
>I really respected that guy for breaking the stereotype :)

He didn't get Trojan?

>> No.4640255

>>4639669
that makes you look like a giant faggot though

>> No.4640277

Wear headphones.

>> No.4640298

Me and my friend go into stores all the time and have a fucking blast.

We get what we or one of us needs, but when we walk up and down the isles, we just fucking yell about how good something is, or how shitty it is.

We laugh the entire time, and have even gotten others to laugh with us.

We've never been told to keep it down or anything either. We're not fuck faces about it, we keep out of peoples ways and whatnot, but we have a good time.

>> No.4640304

>>4639626

Tampons work great as plugs for bullet wounds. Don't ask me why I know this.

>> No.4640414

>>4639231
>complains about guy leaving shit on floor
>leaves his puke on the floor
lel

>> No.4640426

How the fuck can they sell donuts that old? Mine turn to 100% crusted shit in a week.

>> No.4640430

i'm going midnight grocery shopping tonight. none of the bullshit.

>> No.4640451

One time I went to Walmart after I took some laxatives because I thought they weren't working, so I went to get something to help move my bowels. Big mistake. Ended up shitting my pants on the way to the restroom. I took my underwear off when no one was in the restroom, and went to the sink to wash them. Someone came in the restroom and noticed what I was doing. They just kept staring at me, so I said "Hey, what's the matter? Haven't you ever seen someone shit their pants before?" Needless to say, they left the restroom. After that, I just left my underwear in the sink and booked it out of there. I have never been to Walmart since.

>> No.4640457

>>4639221
Peapod, you fucking caveman.

>> No.4640460

>>4640304
I only know that because it was going to be an action in Army of Two, but it was removed

>> No.4640471

Everything is killing us. EVERYTHING. We have to nuke the entire planet immediately for our own safety as well as for the safety of our children!

>> No.4640473

grocery shopping is god tier

i always grab an apple or pear right when i walk in for a free appetizer

>> No.4640493

Only thing real bad about the store I work at is the meat department. I unload the truck every night, and whoever works evenings always leaves a mess of carts, trays and pallets in their cooler. I have to go move it to make room for their 1-6 pallets of meat product.
Piles of ground beef sitting on top of big sheets of cardboard on the floor, grinder never cleaned at all(one guy on my crew used to work meat, he said the only woman on the crew never cleaned her grinder because "not her job" and would just get the new kids in trouble for it), and the grinder ended up full of maggots.
I get meat from the butcher if I can, otherwise I just buy the frozen chicken breasts.
Our produce is fine, they throw out so much product it's usually as fresh as it can be.
Our grocery(my department) is pass/fail depending on how cooperative day/evening shift is. We're nights, so we stock/face/rotate freight, and they just maintain and work backstock. They'll cram expired/damaged goods to the shelf and put items in the wrong place.
>tfw customers cant read tag and want a 5.99 item for 77 cents because it was in the wrong spot

>> No.4640550

>>4640493
>put items in the wrong place
I stocked shelves for 3 years and this was alternately viewed as anathema and standard practice.
Communication was critical. With a small crew it's easy to get everyone on the same page ("hey I packed out the shelf w/the wrong shit on purpose, help me work it over to the right spot over the next days/weeks"). With a large crew - or a bunch of assholes - it doesn't work, people don't know or care what's going on and get pissed when the shelf is all fucked up.

Your description of the meat department in your store is believable but disheartening. "It's not my job to clean the grinder" wouldn't have been tolerated for 5 seconds where I worked. The meat-heads I knew didn't fuck around.

>> No.4640555

>>4640550
Cramming shelves is fine, if we have time we usually just straighten it out ourselves. It's finding damaged/open/expired things that we've removed ourselves put back on the shelf that upsets us.
9 times out of 10 we usually get "caught" putting a full cart or so of damaged goods in the back, and get yelled at for "not rotating, stocking bad product," and when we mention it's someone from their crew they go off and deny, deny, deny.
I'd love to cooperate more with the store, but the morning crew is essentially don't-give-a-fuck retirees and the bigwigs that are too busy to actually watch their department, and afternoon/evening is kids that won't listen to you because you're not on the same crew.

>> No.4640556

>>4640304
>Don't ask me why I know this.
Are you Chuck Palahniuk?

>> No.4640559
File: 12 KB, 200x313, the jungle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4640493
Jesus fuck, I work in a meat department and even thinking about that makes me want to vomit

>> No.4640568

>>4639221
The thing that pisses me off the most is how slowly people move in grocery stores, always blocking the aisles and such. Fuck I get furious by the end.

>> No.4640569

>>4640559
Yeah the guy in charge is buddies with the owner so most problems they just let slide.
We have these "mega meat sales" on fridays usually once a month, and the rule is to shop after 12-1pm, because all morning meat is the old stale and going bad stuff, re-ground. Fresh meat gets put out once they run out. Customers tend to not care though.
They tend to go months of filthy then he'll finally "alright guys let's get our shit straight," and they keep it clean for a few months, usually either during holiday season or the busiest summer months. Doesn't last long though.
Store's losing a lot of money, mainly because the various managers all have children between the ages of 18-40 that throw parties at their private lake property and come in taking 3-4 carts full of meat, produce and drinks without having to pay a dime.

>> No.4640599

I make a list. Follow the list (though sometimes pick up impulse items) and get the fuck out of there. I know my local grocery stores pretty damn well, and they rarely change layouts, so I've become pretty damn efficient at this.

>> No.4640928

>>4640304
Why, Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave.

>> No.4640956

Thread was tl;dr and I don't care, but if you hate grocery shopping a whole lot it may be a sign of an anxiety disorder creeping up on you.

People who have anxiety disorders often get overwhelmed at the grocery store because of the excessive stimuli created by the packaging and sounds of the store. I've dealt with people who are so bad they will abandon their cart in the middle of the store and just split when they can't take it anymore.

>> No.4641068

>>4639256
I love you. We should all make a point to do this.

>> No.4641078

>>4639256

It's usually 50something white ladies who do this. It's basically when their cunts have shriveled up for good and they realize they have nothing left to offer the world except passive aggressive behavior disguised as not paying attention.

>> No.4641088

Best time to go grocery shopping is 7:30 in the morning. It's just you and a few octogenarians.

>> No.4641112

>>4641078
Shit, I'm so gonna start knocking carts out the way, and I won't be faking shit. I'll tell an asshole straight up that they need to let people pass. If they think you did it on accident, how are they supposed to learn?

>> No.4641117

>>4641112

No, you misunderstood. It's 50something white ladies who block the flow of traffic. Then they get mad and act like they think you're stealing their purse (which is left open in their carts) when you push it aside.

>> No.4641120

Not enough of those citations are from valid sources.

2/10 is best I can give.

>> No.4641131

>>4641117
Oh, I see.

>> No.4641159

>>4641088
>not 3am on a Friday night

>> No.4641162

>>4641159
>dodging stockboys and weaving around pallets and empty boxes

My favourite time, too, just sayin', there are caveats.

>> No.4641239

>>4641159
>>4641088
i usually go after work around 9pm. not a lot of families or old people.
mostly dudes my age, hot single women shopping for themselves and younger people getting beer and whatnot.

>> No.4641262

>>4639224
I've only ever done this with water when I've been badly thirsty.
>>4639601
Embarassing? No.
But some people prefer to keep their private sex lives private.

>>4641120

>>4640493

>> No.4641303

>>4641262
Why would you even do it with water? It's usually right by the entrance or check stands anyway. It'd take like 2 minutes more to just pay for it.

>> No.4641317

>>4640298
I used to do this with my friend too. In a town of 10,000 that virtually shuts down by 8pm there's nothing to do other than go to the store and make jokes at the food. The place was usually deserted anyway so no harm done.

>> No.4641352

>>4639221
Well the poo encrusted shopping carts was pretty disturbing. There should be a rule that you can't put your kid in the cart. Or hell just ban kids entirely. They play no active role in the shopping experience. Seems like the thing to do will just go buy my own hand basket I can put in the dishwasher as needed.

Maybe not the worst I had, but the most recent was a trip to Costco. Two mothers were talking to each other and each one had two or three kids. They just let them run amok and they kids were climbing all over the food. Literally climbing on boxes of crackers and cereal like it was a fucking jungle gym.

>> No.4641357
File: 2.12 MB, 185x156, 1373913837294.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>poo bacteria on the carts~
Well who the fuck cares? Do you nasty fucks actually go to touch your face and put your fingers in your mouth after you've touched the handles? There's probably more poo bacteria on your cell phones and doorknob handles. And god forbid if you leave your toothbrush in the vicinity near your toilet.
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/fecal-matter-on-toothbrush.htm
You're surrounded by feces, accept it.
And the expiration dates, the recycling of food, and the mislabeled meats are the least of your worries if the damn health inspector is overlooking the dirty meat grinders and meat slicers in the deli department. Because unlike everything else, that bullshit can actually make you sick.

>> No.4641370

>>4641357
You don't have to touch your face, the poo crust follows you home by hitching a ride on your food. So a week later even after you've had 7 showers you can still accidentally eat poo debris just by picking up that bag of chips and digging in.

>> No.4641374

>>4641357
Joke's on you, I don't use a toothbrush anyway.

>> No.4641392

>>4639288
>>4639277

>hurr durr being white makes me speshul and better

Baa baa, little sheep.

>> No.4641422

>>4641392

>jealous of glories white dubs
Here you can borrow mine.

>> No.4641432

>>4639221
For the first time I feel happy I'm poor. I usually buy 3-4 items. No need for a cart.

>> No.4641454

>>4639221
>http://www.cracked.com/article_20480_5-horrifying-secrets-supermarkets-dont-want-you-to-know.html

>#5

This is why normal people wash their hands and food before putting either anywhere near mucus membranes and mouths. This is stuff you learn in kindergarten.

>#4

Those are sell-by dates, not expiration dates. Big difference.

>#3

What are leftovers?

>#2

Who gives a shit? Seriously?

>#1

This is my only gripe. Where I live you have to slip the health inspectors a wad of cash before they will even consider passing your place. It doesn't matter at all if it'd pass a real inspection or not, they don't care.

Hell, one deli here, in a supermarket, constantly has fly maggots at the bottom of the pepperoni bin that goes on pizza because they only clean it out once a month. I know, I've had several friends work there.

>> No.4641482

Grocery shopping is my favorite weekly event. Pickin dat produce, comparing prices. I always grab a coffee at the Time Horton's that's in the same plaza, and take my time.

I suppose if you're overly irritable or critical to other lifestyles it would be frustrating. I've never seen an obese person in my supermarket. I'm not even sure if the market carries an automatic cart for them.

Don't let trifles put you in a shit mood, that's more obnoxious than fat people or loud kids.

>> No.4641486

>>4641422
well played

>> No.4641489

>>4641482
Seriously, this. Grocery shopping is something you have to do every week or so, anyways, you might as well make a good time of it and grab some Timmie's.

>> No.4641492

>>4641489
>Every week or so
Do people seriously only go grocery shopping once a week? What about food spoiling? Does working with rotten vegetables by the end of the week feel good?

>> No.4641494

The store closest to me reeks of fish. It's a normal supermarket, but their fish counter is so strong you can smell it before you even enter the store, no joke. Due to the automatic doors always opening the scent wafts out. There's a lot of flies back there too. It's just funny because they overprice everything and cater to the richer people, but their whole store smells like rotten fish and no one seems to even notice.

>> No.4641495

>>4640460

Aw man, it would have fit great into the scenario.

>> No.4641503

>>4641492
I shop every day.
Fuck not being able to have what you want for dinner THAT day.

>> No.4641504

>>4641088
>octogenarians

That's damn sophisticated word that is.

>> No.4641509

>CRACKed talking about feces again

Butt jokes.

>> No.4641523

I really like taking a cart because it gives me more time at the register.
It's different in the US, I know, you get everything bagged, but here in Germany you have to do that yourself. And seeing that I'm a bumbling idiot when it comes to bags (most of the time, I have stored only one or two pieces away when it's already time to pay up), I like to use the cart and just shove it all in as soon as the cashier's scanned it. Feels good.

>> No.4641535

>>4641492
What vegetable rots in a week?

>> No.4641540

>>4641535
Strawberries from California.

>> No.4641542

>>4641535

Everything. I've had mushrooms go moldy in a day, carrots in two days; the latter quite often. I don't get it, I think my kitchen is cursed or something.

>> No.4641544

>>4641540
>vegetable
Anyway, you buy unripened strawberries so that by the time you're nearing the end they're in their prime.

>> No.4641546

>>4641542
Carrots keep for at least a month dude.

>> No.4641630

>>4639248
>Shopping cart handles are no different than buses are no different from the door to the dentist.
Except for the added raw meat blood and insecticide.

>> No.4641641

>>4641546

What kind of mutant carrots are you buying, man? I wish mine would stay fresh for that long.

>> No.4641652

i rarely encounter the problems in op, though i tend to do my grocery shopping at like 9 am on tuesdays.

>> No.4641660

>>4639221
>kids running around, women gossiping and big fat undesirables talking loudly on their cell phones and blocking the entire aisle.

Go to the Jerk Store, you'll be among your kind.

>> No.4641704

>Cracked.com

Saged, reported, hidden, called the cops, called the Fire Department, called pizza hut, called the USN, called the Royal Navy, called the Red Army, called the FBI. called the CIA, called Interpol, called the KGB, called the USMC, called the USAF, called the Royal Air force, called MI 6, called Scotland Yard, called the US National Guard of every state, called NYPD, called Obama, called the Queen, called Putin, called David Cameron, called every Governor of every US State, used my time phone to call Winston Church hill, As well as Hitler, Stalin, Theodore Roosevelt, George Washington, Montezuma, ever Caesar, and Gilgamesh, called US Army, called British Army in every era, called every phone sexline, called papa john's, called the US Coast Guard, called my State Senators, called my Senators, called every republican in the US, called Dr. Who, called the Pope, called my local Gang lords, called the State Patrol of ever state west of the Mississippi, called all of my local news channels, called Star Fleet, called The Sun, called The national enquirer, called CNN, called Scot Pelly, called Steven Colbert, called half of the Mexican Drug Cartels, called Nintendo, called the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force, called the head of the Illuminati, called ever free mason, called bilderberg, called my neighbors, called the mayor of ever city in France, called my mom, called the Emperor of Man, and called every school district in Canada.

>> No.4641706
File: 213 KB, 650x762, american bear coke.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't get you muricans. Why do you let the big business waltz all over you like this? Don't you know laws are supposed to protect you from being poisoned like this, not to protect the poisoner?

>> No.4641723

>>4639221

>reading a cracked article

>taking said cracked article seriously and not as a pile of exaggerations and half truths designed for maximum sensationalism

idiot

>> No.4641744

>>4641542

You should invest in a refrigerator. They're like fuckin miracle closets.

>> No.4641754

>>4641744

I've always put them in the fridge, there were always some that just god moldy really, really fast.

>> No.4641771
File: 37 KB, 600x800, 9794_3209356889876_84173393_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

:3

>> No.4641824

>>4641771

Hey, man. Just a question because I've seen some people do that:
do you want random people to email you?

>> No.4642707

>>4640568
I hate it when fucking nignogs just abandon their carts in the middle of the aisle to go pick up something further down. They gotta do it right in front of me, too.

What the fuck, man

>> No.4642715

>>4641824
Mostly he wants to give people kOral.

>> No.4642734
File: 1.33 MB, 500x281, choices.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4639221
Me too, OP, me too.

I've almost broke down trying to decide what kind of salt I want.

>Hm. I should get something within my budget
>Sea salt or salt with iodide, sea salt or salt with iodide....?
>This one is a bigger value than the other
>Oh, but this is on sale

So. Many. Choices.

I haven't actually taken the time to watch Michael Moore's movie, but I feel like I have by just visiting a grocery store. It's like I'm living in a horror movie.

>Squeaky, crooked cart wheels, repetitive beeping from the registers, the occasional crying children
>Stale, florescent lighting
>You are constantly surrounded by stuff.
>On your left: stuff, your right: stuff, above and below and in between: stuff...someday these stuffs will suffocate you unless their temptuous prices get you first
>Children being trained as the next generation of zombie-like consumers...unaware of where their products come from or what kinds of chemicals are involved in the process of the final product
>All that matters is that they want it cheap, and they want it now.

Oddly enough, some of the things in the article don't surprise me.

>> No.4642739

>>4642734
Correction:

>>You've become totally immune to the squeaky, crooked cart wheels, repetitive beeping from the registers, the occasional crying children
>It is nothing more than mere white noise

>> No.4642827

>>4641754
ok but is the fridge plugged in and functioning

>> No.4642990

You know~
Kroger offers Home Shop. I work Home Shop. I'm a Grocery Deliverman.

It's not just for old people you know. Plenty of people who Just Dont Like Shopping use it. And a lot of folks who live a few flights of stairs up in apartments think 10 bucks is worth it to have someone else haul shit up the steps.

Try it.

>> No.4643020

>>4641754
... do you ever clean your fridge thoroughly?

>> No.4643554

>>4641754
Yeah i've found that when i've brought home some fresh vegetables from the supermarket and left them in the fridge they start going bad. It's an oddity that doesn't happen often to me.

Theres a bag of grapes in the fridge at the moment which have been their for a month.Still going strong.

On a side note Banana's release a gas in their stored vicinity, which causes other fruits and veggies to ripen faster.

>> No.4643601

1.) there is shit just about everywhere in the world. Whatever you're touching, probably has shit residue on it.
Also, I haven't been to one grocery store that didn't have disinfectant wipes ready for you to use on the cart.
2.) it's not expired. It is still edible and you won't notice the difference. Stop being a picky faggot.
3.) god forbid we try not to waste even more food then we already do. What a bunch of assholes, trying to save food and money.
I stopped reading after 3 because of how dumb this article is.

>> No.4643611

>>4639221
On produce they'll rewrap and date the slices of melon or whatever that they cut, and toss it if they think it's sub-par. Because it's taking up shelf space for units that might actually sell, as well as making the other units look bad by association. As well as because the film they wrap things with tend to weaken at the seals when packed in shaved ice.

As for meat departments, it's a matter of trust. My local chain doesn't re-date meat ever, but I wouldn't put it past independent stores or loose and fast department managers to add a day or two on their cuts if there's no apparent spoilage.

The points about the carts and fresh produce are why you should wash them, duh. And why they provide plastic bags to wrap your heads of lettuce in.

And if you open something and it is spoiled you can just RETURN it. Competently managed grocery stores don't want to sell you shit.

>> No.4643640

>passing off tilapia as tuna
Goddamned alchemists fucking with my fish

>> No.4643643

>>4641544
Strawberries don't ripen off the vine retard.

>> No.4643824
File: 369 KB, 200x100, 1373499158060.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4639256

I always try to move their carts by myself until they see my skin color, get scared and quickly grab it and move it aside themselves. As if I'm going to leave all of my shit to steal your full cart, you vapid cunt. Always menopausal white wimmin for some odd reason.

>mfw

>> No.4643879

>work at deli
>drop a ham on the floor
>go spray it in the sink out back
>back to slicing in no time

>> No.4644749

>>4643824
>implying your face is white

>> No.4644762

>>4639672
why are your living choices limited to shitholes?

>> No.4644978

this shit is old news. I knew this in the early 2000s, but I guess as Cracked being your source of information you dont know how the world is ran at all.

>> No.4645002
File: 44 KB, 635x470, ohmyfuck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

last time i went into the grocery store i just wanted to buy one little pack of m&ms and i had to wait in line and the ppl in front of me were these 3 landwhales and all they were buying was about 200 dollars worth of toothpaste, anyway, im standing there im thinking "who the fuck needs that much toothpaste?" and the cashier rang it all up but i think she fucked up the transaction somehow and had to do it all over again so i just said fuck this and left and bought m&ms from the corner store down the street

>mfw it occurred to me that they were probably rubbing the toothpaste on their nipples to get high

>> No.4645004
File: 228 KB, 640x472, feel-it[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4645002
>rubbing the toothpaste on their nipples to get high

>> No.4645078

I've seen big black people give coke to their infant (in a bottle) at the cash register.

Needless to say, the cashier was baffled with what they did.

>> No.4645106

>>4639706
>breaking the stereotype
A little Asian dude buying a Trojan would probably be a lot crazier to watch.

>> No.4645306

>>4639706
Well yeah, but all we sold was Trojan. It was Fire & Ice, though, not Magnum, so I guess there's that.

>> No.4645618
File: 66 KB, 270x267, 1373999759055.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4644749

If i would have put a drawn reaction image would you have gone "durr you're not 2D"?

>myexpressionwhen