[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 103 KB, 640x480, HPIM8925.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4593505 No.4593505 [Reply] [Original]

I just had a great pizza from Round Table. Normally they're only so-so, but today they hit it out of the park. The crust was very soft and buttery. How can I go about replicating this?

I use olive oil when I make my own pizzas, should I switch to an equal amount of melted butter? Otherwise I use bread flour, salt, sugar, and various seasonings. I keep it kind of dry since it's easier to lift off the countertop and into the oven. It's nice and thick, but not soft like the pizza I got today. It was sort of a melt in your mouth bread crust.

Pic's one of my own pizzas, but whatever.

>> No.4593519

>>4593505
higher gluten flour, more water

>> No.4593521

>>4593505

Your pizza looks like fucking shit, by the way. Totino's makes a superior pizza.

Kill yourself.

>> No.4593518
File: 522 KB, 640x480, 1254453959113.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4593505
>I just had

You went to a restaraunt specializing in family dining and buffets alone?

Nobody cares about your sad existence. Go eat some of your leftovers, or did you gorge yourself on the entire 18" family size pizza at the restaurant and not leave a tip?

>> No.4593530

>>4593519
>more water

No, idiot. More water would simply sog, and make the entire pizza flop. You'd be eating a pizza that's basically uncooked, but wet. The wetness and sogginess would just make the pizza cold, and you'd get salmonella and food poising and die.

You fucking stupid or what?

>> No.4593535

>>4593518
Easy there, Tex.

>> No.4593578

Wow, /ck/ is a bit more hostile today than usual.

>> No.4593616

>>4593530
>get salmonella and food poising and die
Yes, well, true.

That is but a small price to pay for soft and buttery pizza.

>> No.4593620

>>4593521
Saying it's superior to a bloody tampon really isn't saying much.

>> No.4593628

It's soft sure, like you hipsters that prefer a nice chewy bloody tampon. You disgusting cockroaches!

>> No.4593685

When did /ck/ become so terrible?

>> No.4594292

what in the fuck why is every person posting in this thread a complete and total asshole?

>> No.4594933

Cook it in an aluminum pan.
Not the ones that have holes in them, or promise a crisper crust.
Also, cook it at a slightly lower temperature, say 400F, for a little longer.
The pan will hold the moisture in and give you a soft crust.

>> No.4594939

>>4593685
>>4594292
>newfags abound

>> No.4594943

>>4593505

Are all you aspie retard upset about the DOMA repeal? I figured it would make you fags happy. Jesus christ.

>> No.4594960

OP:
If the resident jerks haven't scared you off, I've a lovely recipe for soft bread dough that works well also as a pizza dough. Lemme know if you're still here and I'll give it to you. The dough is a bit sweet because it's the basic dough we used in the bakery I worked in when I was at uni for sweet buns/cinnamon rolls, but it works surprisingly well for pizza. I'd go to the pizza place next door to the bakery and trade a fresh-baked cinnamon bun for a container of sauce, a container of cheese and a handful of crumbled sausage and make the pizza using our dough in our ovens.
Fun fun.
Now, I've never hear of (let alone been to) Round Table, so I don't know how it compares, but nonetheless, I've got the recipe for ya should you want it.

>> No.4594992

>>4594960
Not op, but curious.

Recipe please?

>> No.4595013

>>4593505
roll some unmelted chunks of butter into the outside crust, and then rub butter on it while it's cooking

>> No.4595020

>>4594992
Sure. I've scaled it down for you and swapped from baker's percentages format to layman's recipe format. I used to make the dough in huge amounts when I worked as a baker, so scaling down was the best option.

active dry yeast, 1 packet (about a heaping tsp)
water. warm (but not hot or boiling) 190ml/6½oz
bread flour (around 12% protein content) 370g/13oz/scant 2¾ cups US
sugar 1tbsp+1tsp/20g
salt 1tsp
milk, 40ml/1½oz
butter, spreadable (neither firm nor liquid), 1tbsp+1tsp/20g

Mix yeast and a bit flour with a splash of warm water; set aside.
Whisk together sugar and salt with remaining flour.
Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the water, milk and dissolved yeast.
Mix by hand until it just comes together, but is still sticky.
Slather on the butter and knead by hand until no longer sticky.
Proof an hour.
Roll out flat and top with sauce and pizza fixings (or sprinkle with a butter-crumb mixture of cinnamon, sugar and butter if ya wanna roll it up and cut into cinnamon rolls rather than make pizza... OR ROLL UP WITH PIZZA TOPPINGS ZOMG*).
Proof 30-45 more minutes, then bake until done (I don't recall how long nor at what temperature, sorry, but it shouldn't be difficult if you keep it at 175°C/350°F and watch closely for doneness).

> * Not a good idea, actually, unless you omit the sauce. It will leak all over otherwise.

It's also a good dough for stuffing to make Chinese-style buns (I once traded a cake to the Chinese takeaway across the street for some chopped red pork and scallion greens and it made for some tasty, tasty buns!).