[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 105 KB, 500x333, cocoshrimp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4585531 No.4585531 [Reply] [Original]

I'm a 23 year old guy and all I've ever really ever made were microwawed foods and soups. I want to learn how to make some things for myself and not have to eat out if I want good food and think it would be nice to learn to cook some nice meals.
What are some of your favorite recipes /ck/? Preferably not soups or anything spicy.
Also, this is my first time posting on /ck/ so sorry if I did anything wrong.

>> No.4585540
File: 147 KB, 427x282, Epic-Meal-Time_hating_hate_hater.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why don't you just watch your gf cook?

Most of us learn the basics from watching our parents.

>> No.4585544

>>4585540
I've cooked before, I just don't know any good recipes so I don't cook often. I just want to hear what recipes people here think are good so I can try them out.

>> No.4585547

This is by no means haute cuisine, but baked corn flake crusted chicken was always a hit at my house growing up. Even now, I make it for the nostalgia. You take any kind of chicken; we use boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut into nugget sized pieces. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Crush up about seven cups of corn flakes into crumb sized pieces and set aside in another bowl.

Whisk together one egg and one cup of milk. Add a cup of flour, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, and around a tablespoon each of onion and garlic powders. Finish with a tsp of salt and mix together until a batter forms.

Dip your nuggets into the batter, then coat with corn flake crumbs, then set on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil for easy clean up.

Once all your chicken is thusly battered and coated, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and drizzle each piece with melted butter. Chuck that bitch in the oven for 1h10m, and enjoy. I like them with a siracha/mayo dipping sauce, but ranch or just siracha is also good. Make a side of steamed veggies to go with it. Good luck anon.

I have other stuff, if you'd like to name some favorite foods or categories thereof.

>> No.4585548

I would start with Casseroles, Stir Fries and grilled meats.

>> No.4585549

>>4585544
go to a thrift store and pick up a ton of cookbooks and go threw them and mark shit that you want to make. play around with the recipes and see what you like.
start there, read online etc.
don't worry if you fuck it up, it happens.

>> No.4585563

>>4585547
Thanks for the that anon! And I mostly like not fried foods, foods that are good with barbecue, Chinese food, and things like shepherds pie.
>>4585548
Stir fry is good! I have a wok laying around and will have to make something.
>>4585549
Thanks! I'll have to check the thrift shop near my house.