[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 28 KB, 300x225, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4570819 No.4570819 [Reply] [Original]

Picky eater here. Most of my meals are macaroni, ramen, chicken when I get a break in my budget, rice, and potatoes. Haven't tried a lot of the basic fruits/veggies, or even meats. Parents apparently never got the memo you should do that at an early age, and I'm hesitant to blow the money on new stuff now.

So, what cheap/delicious foods do you love/would recommend? Complex recipes are fine, just no caviar recipes or anything.

>> No.4570831
File: 37 KB, 833x768, that feel.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4570819
I'm not a picky eater, but I know that feel.
My budget is shit, but i'm too proud and stubborn to turn into one of those foodstamp people.

>> No.4570840

>>4570831
Gotta love that feel of too much month at the end of the money... Picky or not, food is just too goddamn expensive, there's no way it costs that much to make and sell.

>> No.4570842
File: 101 KB, 655x720, pic not related.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I say ease into it.
Make some stir frys at first. Chicken and rice with bean shoots and little broccoli and snow peas
Instead of buying snacks, buy bannanas.
Omlettes are another way to start sneaking in all sorts of different veggies.

Find out what sorts of veggies you like. Experiment and explore around.
I recently learned that I love steamed broccoli. I used to hate that shit until I tried it steamed.

>> No.4570847

>>4570842
Thanks! Hadn't thought of omelets, that's a great idea. Hate canned carrots, but I haven't tried them any other way, so maybe cooking them/buying them different will help. Bananas are yummy snacks as well, although I usually end up having them as a breakfast..

>> No.4570870

>>4570847
Man don't buy canned carrots, just buy regular carrots.

Eat them raw, grate/cut them up and have them in a salad, boil/steam them with some beans, whatever. Carrots are versatile as fuck.