[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 18 KB, 300x300, logo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4496899 No.4496899 [Reply] [Original]

Recommend me a good Italian cook book or recipe /ck/. I don't care if it's north or south I just want something authentic and good.

>> No.4496955

>>4496899
who cares about authenticity as long as the food is good?

Usually authenticity doesn't lead to the best product as people accesses to quality ingredients is traditionally much more limited than it currently is

>> No.4496960

>>4496955
Good point, I will just have good then.
Do you have anything good?

>> No.4496966

>>4496955
>supporter of fusion

Disgusting. I bet you add srirashit to everything as well.

>> No.4496968

>>4496966
can you not fucking read?

>> No.4496973
File: 22 KB, 368x323, pasta alla genovese.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ItaliAnon here.

Olive oil, 40ml (about 3tbsp)
Lard, 40g (about 3tbsp)
Meat (beef, pork, etc), any cut but preferably bone-in, 1,2kg (about 43 oz/2⅔lbs)
> Neapolitan sausages, which are flavoured with silfio seeds and long peppercorn, are a good choice; do not remove them from their casings, though.
Peppercorns, whole, 1tsp
Celery, minced, 1 rib
Carrot, minced, half of 1 medium
Salt, as needed
Wine, white or blush, 80ml (about ⅓ cup, US)
Caramelised onions, yield from 1½kg (53oz US, a little over 3 lbs) raw yellow onions (do not use sweet onions)
Water, as needed
Celery leaves, a big handful, to finish

Place cooking fats into a stew pot and set to high heat.
When the lard is melted, add the meats to the pot and lower heat to medium/medium-low.
Sauté until coloured, but not cooked through, then crack the peppercorns and add them, the celery and the carrot; salt generously.
When the carrot bits are tender, add wine and set to high heat.
Once the wine has reduced out, add the caramelised onions and water to cover.
Bring to the boil, then lower the heat just enough to maintain a low simmer.
Simmer, undisturbed until the humours have reduced considerably, leaving you with a thick, rich sauce.
Salt to taste, stir in the celery leaves, cover the pot and off the heat.
Prepare your pasta for the dish, allowing the sauce to stew and infuse with celery-y goodness in the meantime.
Serve pasta tossed with a bit of sauce.
Top with a tad more sauce then sprinkle with grated hard cheese* and peppercorn, as desired.
If you chose to leave the meats whole and bone-in, it will add a lot more flavour to the dish and can be enjoyed as a second course. If you used boneless stewing chunks, the meat may have broken down into the sauce, leaving you without second course, but with a delicious, delicious nonetheless.

* Any hard cheese will do. I prefer grana but mum prefers parmigiano.

>> No.4496976

>>4496966
i don't give a shit what a dish is labelled as, but I think it is ignorant to believe authenticity for the sake of authenticity is something desirable

>> No.4497005

>>4496973
Thank you, would love to see if you have anything more.

>> No.4497029

I've always enjoyed the dishes Jamie's Italy. Not too hard to cook either.

>inb4 not authentic shitstorm
Fuck you. I don't care, they just taste great.

>> No.4497030
File: 2.91 MB, 2880x2160, pasta e zucca p1130093.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4497005
Tonnes. I translated that one into English a while ago and cut/paste onto here for you. I'm not feeling quite up to translating some others, but I'll see what I have already translated in my files.
Sage until then. Meantime: here's pasta with pumpkin sauce. If you want that recipe, it's simple enough for me to type up without having to translate it from memory.

>> No.4497034

>>4496899

Here my favourite dish, from my hometown:

http://www.academiabarilla.com/italian-recipes/emilia-romagna/tortelli-erbette-swiss-chard-ricotta-stuffed.aspx

(and many more recipes)

>> No.4497045

>>4496899

Giorgio Locatelli's Made in Italy: Food and Stories. Best Italian cookbook there is.

>> No.4497216

>>4497030
That sounds fantastic, I would love to see more if you don't mind sharing.
>>4497034
Haven't made pasta before, I'll try it soon.
>>4497045
Thank you for the book.

I need a lot of recipe's because I'm working through every cuisine there is one year at a time. Last year was indian.

>> No.4497264

>>4497216

Calabaza de castilla pumpkin (orange type, not green), 1kg/2¼lbs
> if this proves difficult to find, spaghetti squash will render a very similar flavour, though the colour will be yellow rather than orange and spaghetti squash has the added pain-in-the-assitude of being tough as nails and difficult to cut through
Olive oil, 80ml
Garlic, smashed flat, a handful of cloves
Chilies, red, whole, dried or fresh, as desired
Cold water, as necessary
Boiling water, as necessary
Salt, to taste
Parsley, a handful of leaves
Pasta, 75g dry per serving; do not use fresh or egg pasta

Remove seeds and shell from pumpkin flesh.
Cut pumpkin into large cubes.
Place pumpkin, oil and garlic (also chilies, if using) into a tall pot.
Add water to cover, keeping track of how much water you've added, then double that volume.
Bring to the boil then lower the heat to maintain a bare simmer.
Cook until water is almost entirely evaporated out.
Add boiling water to just barely cover pot contents, then reduce a tad (up to half).
Salt to taste, off the heat, stir in parsley and cover the pot to allow to infuse the sauce.
Boil pasta in salted water to just under desired doneness; drain and place into a sauté pan.
Add 80ml (a third cup) of pumpkin sauce to the pan per serving and sauté the par-cooked pasta in it until the pasta is cooked through.
Plate up and top with an additional 80ml of pumpkin.

Store leftovers in the fridge, up to a week.

>> No.4498969

Early morning bump.