[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 158 KB, 500x750, Almond-Milk-9691.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4493374 No.4493374 [Reply] [Original]

Do they put cocaine in this stuff? A few weeks ago I scoffed at almond milk, thinking, "Slutty milk-wanna-be," but now I can never return to milk. It's like I've dumped an abusive bitch girlfriend for a sweet, delicious almondy sex goddess.

Join the dark side, milk-drinkers. Not only do we have cookies, they taste better with our almond milk.

>> No.4493377

>>4493374
>Join the dark side

That would be dairy.

>> No.4493381

Try Grape Nuts with almond milk. Most people don't like Grape Nuts, and neither did I, until I ate them with almond milk. It's got a lot of benefits, but I hear that coconut milk is truly tops.

>> No.4493423

>>4493377
Good point. When I replaced dairy with almond milk all my acne went away. I think everyone is allergic to dairy to a certain extent, since it's natural to be (it's a mutation to continue producing lactase enzyme after you stop drinking breast milk). Just lots of people don't feel the full blown effects, so don't realize they're allergic until they stop consuming it.

>> No.4493439

>>4493423
for fuck's sake i learned something today

>> No.4493442

>>4493423
That's only partially true, it's pasteurized milk that fucks people up, raw milk is incredible good for you providing you break down the lactose and 95% of Europeans do.

>> No.4493446

>>4493374
no, not cocaine, just more HFCS than they put in regular milk.

>> No.4493448

>>4493423

after switching to almond milk the thought of drinking cow milk disgusts me now. all those hormones and chemicals injected into the cows...gross

>> No.4493460

>>4493374
you mean almond drink?

right op?

>almond sugar drink

>> No.4493462

>>4493439
>for fucks sake

Well that escalated quickly

>> No.4493468

>>4493423
> I think everyone is allergic to dairy to a certain extent

An allergy is defined by a damaging immune response to a substance. Lactose intolerance is not an allergy, as isn't the consumption of indigestible fibers. Lactose intolerant people will suffer from excessive gas, diarrhea or bloating. Not a detrimental immuno-response, rather one caused by the bacteria in your colon devouring the lactose that was unable to be broken down in your stomach & small intestine.

>> No.4493470

Almond milk is boss, but coconut milk is god-emperor.

>> No.4493476

>>4493442
Even if most people now have the mutation to continue producing lactase enzyme after centuries of a milk culture, it doesn't mean they can break it down perfectly fine, or their body doesn't have any negative responses to it.

It's a spectrum. I never thought I was lactose intolerant since I never got bloating or any discomfort, and just thought acne and some other things were genetic. Then I went off dairy and my skin cleared up so quickly.

>> No.4493477

>>4493423
> I think everyone is allergic to dairy to a certain extent
You can't use the world "allergic" to describe every single negative effect derived from consumption of a food product. Not even the most lactose intolerant people are allergic to milk, they're lactose intolerant. Two completly different things. Acne is a symptom of neither.

>> No.4493478

>>4493446
>>4493460
This and this, it's the sugar that makes it so delicious guy, doesn't even have to taste sweet, but the sugar's there.

>> No.4493483

>>4493476
Acne is not a side effect of consuming lactose while being intolerant, the very idea is absurd, if you can't digest it how can it affect anything outside your intestines?

>> No.4493484

>>4493478
then why dont you just buy a big barrel of hfcs and drown yourself in that you fucking hippy

>> No.4493491

>>4493446
There is no high fructose corn syrup in almond milk, bro.

>> No.4493500

>>4493491
>tfw milking an almond for its milk

better warm your hands first or youll startle the almond

>> No.4493501

>>4493442
That is complete bullshit yet again. Stop your fucking hippie crap.

>> No.4493498

You know you can make it yourself? soak a bunch of almonds overnight and blend/process them. Squeeze em through a cheese cloth. Better for you and unsweetened.

>> No.4493503

>>4493483
http://www.clearskinforever.net/milk-acne-does-milk-cause-acne/

Lots of people get rid of their acne once they ditch milk.

>> No.4493507

>>4493448
What if I told you that YOU HAVE THE SAME HORMONES IN YOU THIS VERY SECOND

AAAAH

AAAAAAAH

>> No.4493520

>>4493484
wooooaaahhhhhh, I didn't say I don't consume hfcs on a regular basis while giving very few fucks, I was just trying to help answer OP's question.

>>4493491
Unless OP is drinking the unsweetened kind, then yes, it does have hfcs. And since he was raving about how delicious it was, I'm willing to wager that he was drinking sweetened. If it doesn't SPECIFICALLY STATE that a beverage like that is unsweetened, odds are it's got hfcs; which, again, is NOT the end of the world :P

>> No.4493519

>>4493503
That is not a legitimate source, its some guy blogging about acne.

This is also a blog, but this guy know what he's talking about

http://scienceblogs.com/aetiology/2012/06/19/growth-hormones-in-milk-mythfact/

Firstly, the amount of IGF-1 consumed daily from milk products is minute compared to natural endogenous production in Human body. Secondly, IGF-1 cannot be absorbed through stomach or intestine (won’t be able to escape proteolysis during intestinal passage) and even if small amounts were absorbed by the intestine and passed to circulation, it will contribute less than 0.06% of total daily IGF-1 production

>> No.4493523

>>4493476
>just because people still produce enzhymes doesn't mean they can break it down perfectly fine
An enzhyme is a big molecule that has the natural tendency to react with other molecules into other things. Lactase is just a molecule that you happen to produce that, when met with lactose, will break it into glucose and galactose. That means its not something your body is doing, its something happening in your body without any control by your cells that just happens, by luck (or selection) to be good for you.

What I mean is that, if there is lactase, then lactose WILL be broken. And perfectly fine, also.

>> No.4493526

I like coconut milk better than almond milk.

>> No.4493530

>Hippies being absolute hippies

>> No.4493537

>>4493519

My acne completely cleared after a month of eliminating all dairy. I also tried drinking milk again but would break out immediately after the next day. I don't need a bullshit scientific study to tell me milk causes acne

>> No.4493539

>>4493520
HFCS is not in the ingredients list in any milk alternatives I've ever seen.

>> No.4493540

Unsweetened Almond Milk is pretty good as its own drink but it ain't no whole unhomogenized cow's milk from a respectable dairy.

>People acting like you can only drink milk or drinks that are commonly used as milk substitutes.

Laffo.

>> No.4493541

>>4493500
I loled hard.

>> No.4493542

>>4493520

there are unsweetened, flavored almond milk and it tastes delicious as well.

>> No.4493545

>>4493537
This. Studies =/= reality. Thus the reason we have hundreds of contradicting studies in nutrition.

If you drink milk and have acne and other health issues, then stop drinking it and all your issues go away, then obviously milk is the culprit. What some idiot's study says is irrelevant.

>> No.4493550

>>4493519

>blogs are not legitimate source
>this blog on the other hand is legit

Strong contradiction faggot

>> No.4493551

>>4493537
If it had anything to do with milk, it was the reduced fat intake. But I don't think it had much to do with milk, I think you made major changes in your diet and for some reason you think almond milk should get all the credit.

That or it's coincidence or some pretty impressive placebo.

>> No.4493552

Parents had a goat. Milk was delicious, especially still warm. Going to make a cup of tea in the morning and finding there's no milk unless you go milk the bitch was a basted though.

>> No.4493555

>>4493545
>>4493537
What we're getting at here is that milk doesn't cause acne, it causes acne in YOU. And you don't even know what part of the milk is doing it to you and why, whether it's in other products you could eliminate instead, or if there's something else you can do with your body that would make it inconsequential.

This is why you don't depend on experience ALONE. Experience and reason together are better.

>> No.4493565

>>4493550

http://cph.uiowa.edu/faculty-staff/faculty/directory/faculty-detail.asp?emailAddress=tara-smith@uiowa.edu

My blog was written by an associate professor in epidemiology, the study of of the patterns, causes, and effects of health and disease conditions in defined populations.

His blog was written by some guy that used to have acne, and think that makes him an authority in epidemiology.

>> No.4493574

>>4493550
Be nice, dairy interferes with cognition.

>> No.4493580

>>4493565
>ASSOCIATE professor from a no-name school
>speaks the Gospel of medicine

>> No.4493582

>>4493551
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2281151/Milk-sugary-foods-DO-increase-risk-acne-say-researchers-looked-50-years-research.html
>"Review of 50 years of clinical studies indicates there IS a link between diet and acne after all"
>"Skimmed milk in particular may also trigger outbreaks due to hormones used in processing it, say experts"

50 years of research > an associate professor's blog

>> No.4493590

>>4493580
>>ASSOCIATE professor
It's a work title, she has a PHD and that makes her an authority.
>no-name school
For 2012, out of 2,774 4-year institutions in the U.S., University of Iowa was nationally ranked #72

>> No.4493604

>>4493582
>dailymail

hehehehehehehehehehehehehheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

p.s. i could not find a link to the study

>> No.4493622

>>4493582

>ask an RD if diet plays in on any medicinal problem
YES YES PLEASE LET ME TELL YOU WHAT TO EAT I NEED MONEY

>> No.4493629

>>4493590
>she has a PHD and that makes her an authority.
You're not serious, are you? Have you actually worked in academia? Once you get accepted into a grad program, you're pretty much guaranteed a PhD as long as you aren't an idiot. Academia is full of fucking incompetent people, simply having a PhD means jack shit.

And yes, #72 in the US is a no-name school. I went to Columbia for undergrad, and Yale for my doctorate, and many of my professors, even though they're supposed to be the top in their fields, were fucking idiots and even thought of their fellow faculty as idiots.

People are people. A few research papers and a diploma means jack shit in the real world, and let me tell you that plenty of research is bullshit in itself, done simply for funding + getting one's name out there in the field.

Even when you have hundreds of so-called experts in a field reaching a consensus, thirty years later it sometimes turns out everyone was full of shit. That's how a lot of research is, it doesn't "prove" anything, it just throws out a best attempt.

Always go with real life over studies. If an oil company fracks near your home, and now your tap water lights on fire, do you believe their "studies" that fracking is 100% safe? I hope not.

>> No.4493632

>>4493622
>A 2007 study carried out by Harvard School of Public Health found that there was a clear link between those who drank milk regularly and suffered with acne.

>> No.4493635

>>4493545
That is assuming MILK was the cause, and not some other factor. If OP kept his diet the same and only eliminated milk; then his body was reacting in such a way. If he eliminated a variety of things, that makes concluding milk as any culprit problematic as you haven't eliminated other factors.

>>4493580
>I don't know anything

Shut the fuck up.

>>4493582
>Weasel words
>Daily fucking Mail.

The scientific rigor in this thread is astounding.

>> No.4493647

>>4493629
>You're not serious, are you? Have you actually worked in academia? Once you get accepted into a grad program, you're pretty much guaranteed a PhD as long as you aren't an idiot. Academia is full of fucking incompetent people, simply having a PhD means jack shit.

Ad hominestic, irrelevant shit.

>And yes, #72 in the US is a no-name school. I went to Columbia for undergrad, and Yale for my doctorate, and many of my professors, even though they're supposed to be the top in their fields, were fucking idiots and even thought of their fellow faculty as idiots.

Anecdotal, irrelevant shit.

>People are people. A few research papers and a diploma means jack shit in the real world, and let me tell you that plenty of research is bullshit in itself, done simply for funding + getting one's name out there in the field.

"I'm going to tell you papers all bullshit, all the while not refuting a single clause of point of any such papers, nor exactly telling you what papers it is I'm talking about."

"People really expect me to have a degree in anything."

>
Even when you have hundreds of so-called experts in a field reaching a consensus, thirty years later it sometimes turns out everyone was full of shit. That's how a lot of research is, it doesn't "prove" anything, it just throws out a best attempt.

"I'm going to mention some illusive research that was proven wrong through my incredulity and suggest this is true of all research".

>Always go with real life over studies. If an oil company fracks near your home, and now your tap water lights on fire, do you believe their "studies" that fracking is 100% safe? I hope not.

"My personal incredulity is such that anything contradiction is wrong."

You didn't refute anything; you're going on a poisoning-the-well rant and you're completely generalizing anything.

Papers have points; refute them. Do not try to discredit them with your irrelevant, ad hoministic banter.

>> No.4493649

>>4493582

>http://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2013/02/20/nyu-steinhardt-researcher-says-dont-dismiss-diet-therapy-when-treating-acne.html
>Jennifer Burris, doctoral candidate
>20 feb 2013

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2281151/Milk-sugary-foods-DO-increase-risk-acne-say-researchers-looked-50-years-research.html
>Dr Jennifer Burris, Doctor of Doctorship in full fledged Doctory, MD, PHD, RD
>20 feb 2013

>> No.4493650

>>4493635
>Doesn't realize journalists report the research done by others
>Criticizes the source.

Read the article. Harvard School of Public Health's study found a strong link between milk and acne. Or do you have a problem with Harvard School of Public Health too?

>> No.4493654

>>4493649
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=milk+acne

Oh look at that, tons of studies all saying dairy =acne, from professors around the globe.

>> No.4493655

>>4493650
I'd like to see the study; not have it paraphrased sensationally in a shit tabloid paper that is the Daily Mail.

>> No.4493657

>>4493649
>Dailymail

>> No.4493661

>>4493629
lol
look at him! look at him and laugh! he's preening and posturing for strangers! how sad for you.

>> No.4493668

>>4493654
Been drinking milk religiously my whole life, never had acne.

>> No.4493670

>>4493655
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=harvard+school+of+health+acne+milk

>> No.4493671

>>4493650
>>4493654
>>4493649
>They concluded that a high glycemic index/glycemic load diet and frequent dairy consumption are the leading factors in establishing the link between diet and acne. They also note that although research results from studies conducted over the last 10 years do not demonstrate that diet causes acne, it may influence or aggravate it.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/02/130220084809.htm

The problem is over consumption and lack of moderation; not milk itself.

>> No.4493672

>>4493668
My grandpa has smoked his entire life, has never had throat cancer.

>> No.4493675

Obviously diet plays a huuuuuge part in acne, but to blame it on milk especially is just stupid.

>> No.4493673

>>4493671
>The problem is over consumption and lack of moderation; not milk itself.
Which means it is a problem for pretty much everyone seeing as milk consumption has grown over 30% in the past few decades, and we consume a mind-blowing amount of it.

Milk is in pretty much everything. Even condoms have milk in them.

>> No.4493674

>>4493672
>That false equivocation.

Comparing drinking milk with smoking cigarettes?

This thread has gone full retard.

>> No.4493677

>>4493673
>Which means it is a problem for pretty much everyone seeing as milk consumption has grown over 30% in the past few decades, and we consume a mind-blowing amount of it.

No, it's a problem for people who have a HIGH glycemic diet and/or are ignorant. It is easy to control your diet and glycemic index if your are not stupid. Milk "being" in everything does not mitigate this.

>Milk is in pretty much everything. Even condoms have milk in them.

Clearly everyone has acne.
>mfw I lack a reaction image suitable for this.

>> No.4493680

>ubububu im a fat american who eats at mcdonalds every day and rub fries in my face, stupid milk is giving me acne

>> No.4493681

>>4493675
There is a strong correlation between milk and acne, read the studies. Of course other foods can affect it too.

>> No.4493684

>>4493674
The point is that simply because 1 person isn't affected by an unhealthy product doesn't make it safe for everyone. If milk doesn't give you problems, great, drink a carton a day, but it does affect a lot of people.

>> No.4493688

>>4493684
No, I agree. If milk "helps" you with anything, go for it.

>> No.4493702

Milk (non-raw) is a toxic glue. That is what it is. The lactic acid LEECHES calcium from your bones.

The nations that drink the most milk have the highest rate of osteoporosis.

The nations that drink the least milk have the least osteoporosis.

notmilk.com

>> No.4493710

>>4493702
But...but...the marketing teams from Got Milk told me I have to drink milk if I went to grow up to be strong like Superman.

I refuse to believe you. Got Milk knows more than all the health organizations that say drinking too much milk leads to weak bones and disease. Screw you.

>> No.4493751

>>4493702
Greenland and the south Pacific nations don't drink lots of milk. Coincidentally, they have the highest rates of osteoporosis.
Or maybe not coincidentally?

>> No.4493770

>>4493751
Greenland has a population smaller than a little city in America, and the highest rate of suicide because they live in a fucking barren wasteland.

The countries that have the highest rates of osteoporosis are America, Sweden, and Finland, which consume the most milk.

>> No.4493810

All these people are arguing that milk is healthy... looks like those aggressive ad campaigns paid off for the dairy industry.

>> No.4493814
File: 78 KB, 483x510, silkcoconutmilk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4493374
Try coconut milk. It's everything I've ever dreamed of.

>> No.4493815

>>4493770
I don't understand your post. Let me google translate from Blithering to English:

>I'm going to ignore your information and cling onto my bullshit because that's what I want to believe.

Oh. Why didn't you say that you had an alternative agenda and wanted to ignore facts? I would have left the conversation at that!

Fun fact: Subcontinental nations (India, Pakistan etc) consume more dairy per capita than any other nations on the planet, but we'll ignore that and let you have your Swedish/Finnish/American fantasy, ignoring, also, the facts that 13% of Americans are lactose intolerant and there's no way in shit that the remaining 87% all drink milk regularly as well as the fact that the US isn't even in the top 10 when it comes to milk consumption let alone all dairy consumption put together.

>> No.4493833

>>4493815
>Subcontinental nations (India, Pakistan etc) consume more dairy per capita than any other nations on the planet
>[Citation needed]

All the countries with the highest milk consumption are the ones with the highest osteoporosis rates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_milk_consumption_per_capita

>> No.4493836

How can no one factor in the price of this shit?
Almond milk's more expensive here, and that settles it.

>> No.4493839

>>4493833
>using wikipedia as your references
>laughingprofessors.png
Go home, junior. You've no doubt got some homework to catch up on before tomorrow morning.

>> No.4493841

>>4493814
Mm coconut mil <3

>> No.4493843

>>4493839
>Provides no references
>Doesn't even look to realize the source of info on the Wiki page is the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations.

http://faostat.fao.org/site/610/DesktopDefault.aspx?PageID=610#ancor

>> No.4493846

>>4493841
I'm glad someone else appreciates it. It's the beverage I always imagined cartoon characters and Robin Williams in Hook drank. I can't go back.

>> No.4493847

>>4493839
India's per capita of milk is 198g/day
America is 700g/day

Source: FAO

Do research before spouting completely false facts next time.

>> No.4493850

>>4493839
Wikipedia is 99.9% reliable. Any halfway decent professor realizes this. Faggot.

>> No.4493851
File: 266 KB, 478x369, 1368769124667.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4493374
> Not drinking god tier vanilla flavored soy milk

you can mix it with your whey, you can pour it in your cereal, hell you can even pour it in your coffee it and still tastes better.

(then reg. milk it is)

>> No.4493853

>>4493851
unless you like regular milk

>> No.4493858

>>4493851
>still tastes better.
Prove it.

>> No.4493861

>>4493851
Chocolate soy milk is my favorite. Infinitely better tasting than dairy chocolate milk.

>> No.4493862

>>4493851
>uber god tier
your mom's milk
>god tier
almond milk
>shit tier
soy milk and its variants
>hurr durr tier
cow milk

>> No.4493863
File: 37 KB, 630x496, 1368907323867.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4493858
c4 yourself

>> No.4493865

>>4493862
This man speaks the truth. Dairy is Milk 1.0. Almond is Milk 2.0

>> No.4493868

>>4493862
almond milk is for as far i know not availble in local stores near me, might give it another peek but until then vanilla soy t'is

>> No.4493874

>>4493868
where are you from?
I found (cheaper) almond milk in HEB.

>tfw not from the states and every place sells almond milk for twice the price, or even the triple of regular milk

>> No.4493878

>>4493874
Because dairy is subsidized to hell with tax payer mulla by most countries.

>> No.4493881

So basically, the strictly health-related up- and downsides of the two contenders, almond milk and cowtitty boob milk, vary depending on what source you choose to agree with, and no one really knows, right? At least on here. Because this is the vibe I'm picking up.

>> No.4493883

>>4493878
it has more to do with the fact that its sold as 'organic' and uber healthy. I know this because on the same raw of the supermarket there's organic milk for almost the same price than almond milk

>> No.4493887

http://www.cornucopia.org rules

>> No.4493888
File: 298 KB, 1176x1600, Almond Fresh Almond Milk Coconut.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i love coconut flavour almond milk. having it with cereal is so delicious.

>> No.4493904

>>4493888
Just buy coconut milk

>> No.4493910

>>4493881
No, all the legitimate sources, like Harvard's school of health, say milk is unhealthy if you drink a lot (which most everyone does, since milk is in everything in our food culture). The people saying milk is fine only link to one blog, which pales in comparison to the meta-analyses and large studies showing milk is bad.

>> No.4493912

>>4493910
They won't listen. Don't bother.

>> No.4493926

>>4493910
And the Harvard-articles mainly point to the increased risks of prostate or ovarian cancer, right? Obviously on top of the saturated fats in milk.

>> No.4493932

>>4493910
I thought that all bovine dairy products are supposed to be bad for you.

>> No.4493935

>>4493874
Netherlands

>> No.4493942

Why so little love for Rice Milk? It's my favorite for cereal.

>> No.4494025

I felt like shit while I was drinking milk. Then I stopped drinking milk and moved out of the damaged Fukushima NPP reactor. I'm feeling much better now.

>> No.4494030

>>4494025
All it took was no milk for me.

>> No.4494032

>>4494025
I had the same experience.
Felt like total fecal matter day in and day out, then I switched to soy-flavoured almond milk and kicked the crystal meth, and now I feel like a whole new person.

>> No.4494043

>>4494032
Looking at the adverse effects of meth online, I think it's actually better for you than milk. Most all of the symptoms aren't due to meth itself, but correlation to the fact that if someone is doing meth all day they likely have a shitty life to begin with. If you eat healthy and do meth, should be healthier than someone on milk, sorry.

>> No.4494056

>>4494043
Great!
Does that make my mum worse than a methwhore giving away her body for eightballs of crack?

>> No.4494074

>>4494056
Prostitution =/= Using meth

>> No.4494079

>>4493374
that's because, and I'm not directly quoting Alton Brown, federal law mandates all milk taste shitty. so unless you milk the cow yourself and don't tell anybody ever (lest the feds drop in and spank you) you won't ever taste good milk

>> No.4494088

>>4494043
As someone who has lost friends to meth use I can tell you its not the methaphetamine that does the damage, its the other chemicals that are left behind from the shitty production methods that tweekers use. I've seen people on "pure" meth and they were perfectly normal individuals. Even had all their teeth. But then when you compare them to someone who uses shitty shake and bake meth its entirely different. Its like comparing a Nazi Ubermensch to a zombie.

I do not support meth use of any kind though. Even on the "pure" stuff you run a dangerously high risk of doing stupid things.

>> No.4494092

>>4494088
That's what I meant. It's not the meth itself that is the issue, it's all the other shit. So for pure meth vs milk, I'd go with the meth for health.

>> No.4494113

>2013
>still drinking puss filled pregnant bovine hormone juice

the dairy industry has brainwashed you poor sheep

>> No.4494121

>>4493582
>Skimmed milk
There's the problem. Stop drinking your sissy pansy faggot milk and drink it whole.

>> No.4494147

>>4494113
All the pus and hormones in milk add flavor, duh.

>> No.4494248

Better to drink pus than eat feces-covered meat right?

>> No.4494316

>>4493423
This. The only dairy I consume is cheese, and the dairy in cream based sauces. I was never lactose intolerant, and cheese doesn't bother me at all, but for some reason, drinking straight milk makes my stomach feel like someone grabbed ahold of it and started twisting. Also, my skin got better too.

>> No.4494328

>>4493507
i think it's hilarious when people are like this:
"ew cheimkillz"

DO YOU NOT REALIZE YOUR BODY IS A CHEMICAL FACTORY AND IS FILLED WITH ALL THESE "CHEMICALS"

>> No.4494348

>>4494328
Body definitely doesn't produce artificial bovine growth hormone.

>> No.4494352

>>4494348
And it's absent from cow milk, even before the producers and stores started advertising their non-use of rBGH.

>> No.4494368

>>4494352
Hormones in milk can be dangerous.

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html

>> No.4494370

>>4494328
I bet those faggots don't know a single thing about human physiology. They seem to think anything that goes into your stomach goes directly into your bloodstream and into your brain.

If that were true, drinking water would kill us. The end.

Having said all that, I do like almond milk, but a some cookies and whole milk can't be beaten.

>> No.4494379

>>4494352
ahahaha, no.

>> No.4494382

>>4494368
>Oh boy an article I didn't even read to try and prove some guy wrong
>Oh wait it says "hypothesis"
>Oh shit nigger "It showed that milk and cheese consumption are strongly CORRELATED" and I know what correlation and causation mean!

Listen, just because it's an article with harvard in it doesn't make it right, there still has to be, you know, facts, credibility, SCIENCE, things like that, not your touchy feely vegetarian crap.

>> No.4494386

>>4494382
Everything is hypothesis. Do you believe gravity isn't real because it's a "hypothesis" too?

>> No.4494391

>>4494386
Theory, rather.

>> No.4494396

>>4494386
This isn't a theory, this is a hypothesis, if you knew basic fucking science you'd know the difference.

Theory of gravity is a completely different thing than some bitch yakking about how someone who drank milk also had ball cancer.

>> No.4494399

>>4494396
Hormones in milk are unhealthy. Plenty of studies conclude so.

>> No.4494439

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00AgJMoKlCI

>> No.4494478

>>4494439
Mmm almond milk.