[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 515 KB, 210x110, MFW.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4415265 No.4415265[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I have 3 steaks I bought from the butcher at publix.
I have onions, salt, pepper and olive oil.
Someone show me how to marinate this shit for a day.

>> No.4415272

whats the cut

>> No.4415276

>>4415272
You don't get any steak if that's what you're driving at

>> No.4415287

>>4415276
I'm driving at that you only need to marinate a steak if it's a very lean cut.

If it's a classic grilling steak (rib eye, new york, t-bone) then no marinade necessary and only put some salt and pepper before the grill.

>> No.4415529

>>4415287
What he said.

And if you were marinading you'd be best with some additional ingredients like vinegar, wine or maybe a citrus juice.

If you want to try something a little different, brine them. This is usually done with pork but it works equally well on other meats. This is something that you could do for 24 hours without it ruining the meat (marinading for an entire day can be too long).

>> No.4415551

>>4415276

Ff you send me two of the three steaks I'll show you what to do with the one you have left.

>> No.4415552

-mix ingredients
-cover
-put in fridge

I know it's kinda complicated OP, so if you need some more help just send me an email.

>> No.4415810
File: 17 KB, 261x305, Deanexplain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just got done marinating some skirt steak for fajitas.

Root around in your cupboard for some chili powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper, and if you're lucky a lime.

Mix ingredients and cut the steak into strips. Mix seasoning and lime juice together and let sit for 2 hours.

>> No.4415886

Heat up a cast iron skillet with a bit of oil or butter (butter will give better flavor and a nice bit of sauce for the end product) salt and pepper your steaks to you liking on both sides, add steaks to pan once it's hot with some chopped onions around them. Sear each side to your liking, and let the onions get nice and browned and caramelized. Let the meat rest a few minutes once it's done, top with onions and your drippings sauce, enjoy with 'taters or a similarly manly side.