[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 595 KB, 800x600, 1357972063307.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4402869 No.4402869[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey /ck/, I have a glandular problem where if I eat anything with lots of fat or carbs I gain lots of weight really quick. Can anyone suggest to me some low calorie, yet highly nutritious and filling foods that someone whose diet has consisted mostly of fast food would enjoy? Ty ^^

>> No.4402882

>I have a glandular problem where if I eat anything with lots of fat or carbs I gain lots of weight really quick.
>someone whose diet has consisted mostly of fast food would enjoy?
This doesn't add up...

Anyhow make you breakfast more fruit based. Learn to make a lentil stew and use it instead of rice or other carbs.

>> No.4402888

>>4402882
Yeah I know, my parents always bought lots of junk food and I'm trying to kick the habit now that I'm living by myself

>> No.4402895 [DELETED] 

>>4402888
>888
Can't argue with that. My advice? Rice.

Rice subsides any and nearly all glandular extremities and will no doubt boost your metabolism. A big bowl of rice before naptime and by morning you won't have much of an appetite for something smart like pancakes with strawberries or whatever fruit you substitute.

Already I have helped you.

>> No.4402898

>>4402888
I'm just saying, it seems retarded to put a restriction on fat and carbs when you're used to eating fast food. Like, no matter how fatty you cook your own food you can't make it nearly as unhealthy as fast food.

>> No.4402967

If you've mostly eaten fast food your whole life, you're not going to get the same satisfaction from healthy, low-carb, low-fat foods. You just won't.
Anyway, one of my favorite breakfasts is a soft boiled egg and an apple. Low calorie, low carb, low fat. The egg gives you the protein your body needs, and the apple is sweet, while giving your body the fiber and pectin to keep you feeling full. It's a perfect combination. You can shake some hot sauce on the soft boiled egg for extra flavor satisfaction.

>> No.4402978

>>4402898
yet fast food is generally low in fat and high in carbs. assuming fries and a coke.

>> No.4403102 [DELETED] 

>>4402895
Best advice here

>> No.4403144

>>4402895
Is this nigga serious?

>> No.4403157

...no one's going to point out that his "glandular problem" is that he's human? If he's slamming down high fat, high carb foods, and fast food, then of course he's going to be a fat piece of shit.

>> No.4403171

>>4402978

low in fat?

on which fucking planet?

>> No.4403173

>>4403102

you guys

>> No.4403174

>>4403157

couldn't be bothered to state the obvious

>> No.4403181

>>4403157
Eh, that shit happens to people who don't eat fast food too. Like myself. I have a low thyroid, slow metabolism, and some other hormonal and glandular issues. I absolutely CAN'T eat carbs, sugars (except fruit), and even dairy. I blow up like a mac truck. Doctors finally figured this out after I gained 60 lbs in less than a year, and I was eating a normal, healthy diet that included all the major food groups, and no fast food or soda. I haven't had a soda since I was 22. Haven't had fast food in several years.

>> No.4403210

>>4403181
Dude do you take medications? I've been on levaxin since I was like 3, and I have been eating a fuckton of carbs ever since.

>> No.4403232

>>4403181
runs in my family too. Never been overweight though. I tweaked my diet to mostly veg and not many grains other than rice and it went right back down. You need to see an endocrinologist and nutritionist, get them to coordinate a treatment plan. Most docs just write it off as chronic thyroid inflammation and give you some pills. An endocrinologist can find the cause and treat that accordingly so it does not fuck up the rest of your hormones in the process. A nutritionist can help you find how to maintain your health once you have it. (I mean a real medical doctor, with a dietary specialty. Not someone with a just-print out diploma on their wall. I only say this because it's not a protected title in the US)