[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 98 KB, 500x365, coffee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4346842 No.4346842[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How do you like your Coffee and/or Tea, /ck/?

Do you like it with cream/milk?

Do you have sugar, and if so how much?

Does every coffee have to be cafetiere or can instant be acceptable?

What blend tea do you use, or what strength coffee?

Personally I usually have cafetiere strength 3 coffee, with cream, no sugar, and Earl Grey Tea with milk and two sugars.

>> No.4346847

I like my assam with milk, but I keep my Lady Grey black. I use one splenda tablet per mug.

I drink coffee for function only. Instant is fine.

>> No.4346849

>milk or cream in tea
How pleb can you get?

>> No.4346852

I am constantly ridiculed for being the one person in the office that doesn't put cream/sugar in my coffee and tea.

>> No.4346855

>>4346849

Why don't you like milk in tea?

>> No.4346869

Mornings
Coffee: Cream no sugar
Not instant.
Medium or Dark roast. No flavor blends (hazelnut, etc)

Evenings
Tea: Honey no milk or cream.
Green tea or black tea, caffeinated if i don't need to go to bed.
Spiced teas, non-caffeinated to go to sleep, or when i'm sick (also add lemon when i'm sick).

>> No.4346874

I never had milk with tea, is that something they do in the UK? I shall try this..

>> No.4346877

>>4346852
Why the hell would they ridicule by not adding cream and sugar to your coffee!? That's fucking manly!

I need my cream in my coffee tho.

>> No.4346880

>>4346877
Because they think it's gross, and don't realize that the bitterness of black coffee is one of life's greatest pleasures.

>> No.4346889

Can't drink tea, I've tried again and again hoping I could do it, but it just doesn't work for me.

For coffee, I'm just starting out and have found I like a dark roast with two cream and one sugar. At this point I haven't had anything but instant and drip, but either works for me though I prefer drip.

>> No.4346894

>>4346852
Christ, that's like being called out for being straight in a room of gay people.

Not that people who take cream are gay or anything.

>> No.4346909

earl grey or darjeeling, 3 sugars, lots of cream

>> No.4346910

>>4346909

There's a tea shop near me that infuses darjeeling with a bit of bergamot so it has a bit of that Earl Grey goodness. That shit is godly.

>> No.4346912

I usually just take my tea or coffee without any additives.
I'm not against accepting some shit like a latte or something girly like that, but I just order a cup of black coffee it just taking care of myself.

>> No.4346918

>>4346912
Not manly enough, faggot!
I take my coffee with a some tea in it and add thumb nails for sweetness

>> No.4346925
File: 30 KB, 316x341, 1354836123669.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4346894
>Not that people who take cream are gay or anything.

>> No.4346989

Cream/milk and sweetener in stronger black teas, sweetener in weaker/milder blacks. Slight sweetness to herbals/stronger greens. I go bare on good floral greens and whites.
I can drink black coffee if it's fresh, prefer milk and sugar unless it's cold brewed.

>> No.4346996

I like my coffee with some milk.
If I drink tea it really depends on what kind of tea.
White and Green teas i drink plain.
Sometimes I like black tea with a little milk and some sugar.
Most Herbal Teas I enjoy with some Honey.
Yes, I am german.

>> No.4346999

>>4346996
Forgot to add:
espresso with some sugar.

>> No.4347050

I use instant coffee like a drug. The purpose is not the taste, it's the caffeine and the obscene amount of sugar I load into it. Generally, no more than one sugar, and either a flat white or a long black depending on how I'm feeling.

Tea I take with no milk and a spoonful of honey. Fuck the haters.

>> No.4347213

I like a vienna roast ground and done in a french press.

Or I like the canister of instant I keep in the back of my fridge for when I run out of real coffee.

Either way, I make it strong and take it no cream, lots of sugar.

Teas, I like iced oolongs, iced greens, iced blacks and hot herbals, all with a little sugar. Loose leaf only please.

>> No.4347225
File: 16 KB, 160x160, 984.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4346842

>I usually have cafetiere strength 3 coffee, with cream, no sugar, and Earl Grey Tea

>> No.4347237

I usually have my Orange Pekoe or English Breakfast black, unless I'm having it with dessert, in which case I add a little 2% milk.

>> No.4347280

>putting milk in tea

Disgusting.

>> No.4347285

Jasmine green tea no additives
Coffee black no sugar

>> No.4347318

Coffee: French roast from a local roaster brewed in an Aeropress. Strong, not quite espresso strong. Black, no sugar. I never drink instant.

Tea: Herbal, various blends, no additions.

>> No.4347340

Black Assam, no milk or sugar. No removal of teabag.
bitter for life

>> No.4347586

Grind the beans immediately before brewing.

Use a press.

Black.

>> No.4347599

coffee: I'm well covered for beans as I live close to about five different roasters. right now I'm enjoying a cup of Guatemalan Finca El Injerto ground in a hand turned burr grinder and brewed in a Chemex with a metal cone filter

with tea, I enjoy many different varieties, oolong from formosa, da hong pao from china, Ceylon black, hojicha and sencha from Japan, and so forth

right now i've had a real kick for pu'erh tea, mostly from Yunnan, China

>> No.4347619

Coffee: Will drink any, usually black. Occasionally I'll put a cream and packet of hot chocolate mix in it.

(any) Tea: Half a teaspoon of sugar, that's it.

>> No.4347669

If it's fresh, high quality coffee from somewhere like New Mexico or Brazil, I drink it black to really appreciate the flavor. Almost everything else comes stale, there's really no point in not cream/sugaring it because any good flavor it might have had once is gone.

>> No.4347679

Black for both, with the weest bit of cream only if atypically bitter.

>> No.4347707

Tea - Yorkshire tea, milk, one sugar (britfag)

Coffee - I have a Bialette Moka pot (the Lamborghini of moka pots) and have espressos using imported french coffee

I don't have the time in the morning to grind my own beans

>> No.4347727

I like both my coffee and tea like I like my kebab: Turkish.

>> No.4347768

>>4346910

so its the same leaves from a different country, so really it IS earl grey just with indian grown CSS instead of chinese grown CSS

still, that does sound good

>> No.4347794

Working at Dunkin has fucked up my coffee intake. Every morning I have 6 shots of expresso with a splash of vanilla almond milk (lactose intolerant) over ice. Iced regular coffee may as well be water to me.