[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.18 MB, 209x180, asian_noodle_grin.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4342059 No.4342059[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey /ck/

poorfag & first time /ck/ poster here wondering what is the cheapest way to have a healthy lifestyle when it comes to eating?

I've recently gotten more involved with the food i eat by cooking at home. 1. to save money and 2. to eat better.
However, I want to eat healthier and it seems like produce is very expensive. I normally would spend $4 at mcdonalds and have enough to last me a meal or two. If i spend the same at a grocery store I'm basically holding <10 appples. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm 6'3" 230lbs so I would assume I need to ingest more then the average bear to meet my daily energy needs

>> No.4342116

bump

>> No.4342124

The first time you stock your kitchen it's going to be expensive and you'll hate it. The benefits are over time.

Grab some rice, beans, general staple foods. Buy fresh produce/meats with a plan so you don't waste it. Cook in batches so you can eat the left overs and stretch the ingredients further.

It's hard to give you more recommendation with the limited information you posted.

>> No.4342135

>>4342059
Please observe >>4341683, follow instructions, and enjoy good food at a budget.

>> No.4342136

>noodle