[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 52 KB, 543x423, 1363191223515.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4331861 No.4331861 [Reply] [Original]

>turn on tv
>cooking show is on
>"this food is beautiful"
>"you know mix it up"
>"I remember the time when I was in (strange exotic place)"

>> No.4332606

i want to cook food, not hear about your commentary on life you disgusting fucks

>> No.4332618

I like watching cooking shows and listening to all that stuff, as long as they don't forget to explain exactly what they are doing.

>> No.4332638
File: 995 KB, 500x281, 1359977574991.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm at the point now, where it doesn't take much to make me rage at cooking shows. The logical part of my brain tells me that I shouldn't rage, because most cooking shows are designed and marketed towards people who can't cook and know nothing of cooking, so something like "Tuna Salad Tomato Cups" (yes, I actually just saw this on a cooking show this morning), might seem novel to someone with zero cooking skills. But the other half of my brain is screaming "WHY IS THIS SHIT ON TELEVISION IT'S GARBAGE A DRUNKEN CHILD OF THREE COULD MAKE THAT I HATE EVERYONE I HATE THE WORLD I ESPECIALLY HATE ANY AND ALL TELEVISION CHEFS FUCK THIS GAY GAY EARTH SATAN INVENTED FOOD NETWORK!!!!!!"

>> No.4332749
File: 33 KB, 228x304, blackpudding.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are cooking shows/stations the same as G4 is to video games? Because the only food related show I watch is Bizzare Food and that's not even on Food Network. I like hearing his commentary on the stuff, explaining the texture, spices used, etc. and seeing how it was made. It's nice to see foods I've never seen before being prepared.
>pic related

>> No.4332808

ATK is the only "cooking" show worth its weight in pork trimmings on television. Food Jammers is pretty fun to watch though