[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 116 KB, 800x600, ramen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4307565 No.4307565 [Reply] [Original]

/ck/ I'm looking to expand my cooking repetoire to include something other than tacos and burgers

How hard is it to make ramen from scratch? I don't mean like COMPLETELY from scratch, but y'know, not instant ramen?

What is some easy ass Asian cuisine I could take on?

>> No.4307575
File: 458 KB, 700x526, CuttingNoodlesWithMenkiriBocho-web.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I don't mean like COMPLETELY from scratch, but y'know, not instant ramen?

Why not completely from scratch?

>> No.4307584

>>4307575
because you gotta learn to crawl before you walk, and as far as food goes I'm straight up special ed.

>> No.4307589

>>4307584
making pasta from scratch isn't a great place to start then.
can you fry chicken in a pan yet?

>> No.4307590

>>4307565

Here's a recipe off of instant ramen that will make you feel a little better.

Boil the noodles, but don't add the packet. Then, once done, add peanut butter, some sriracha, soy sauce, and the packet, and maybe a chopped green onion or two.

Boom, Thai-Peanut Ramen.

>> No.4307611

Me and my roommate make "Ramen" (actually closer to a spicy noodle dish but whatever) on a weekly basis from scratch. We buy fresh noodle, but we make everything else. Here is our recipe:
Hard boil some eggs and fridge them
Boil your noodle till just before it is ready to eat and wash it to stop it from overcooking
Make your broth as follows: Render down salt pork, or any other fatty pork product. Char an onion in a cast iron pan, whole or halved. once the pork fat is rendered remove most of the pork bits, they have terrible texture. then add some water which you will use to dilute some miso, black bean paste, and garlic in. then add some MSG and soy. Rough chop the onion and add it into the base that you just made. from here add some sliced fresh jalapenos and some diced habenero for heat. Add some more water till you have enough broth and adjust all the seasonings to taste as above (you will probably not get the base right the first time so this step is vital). Once at a boil add some Bok Choy or lettuce or whatever. Let that cook for a little bit until the bok choy or other vegetable is palatable (which isnt long) and from there add the noodle to finish cooking it in the broth. Once it is cooked add the eggs and green onion. You can also add slices of pork in at the end as well.

>> No.4307616

>>4307565
http://norecipes.com/blog/chicken-ramen-recipe/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEUwNQTXwU
(^ cooking with dog - yakibuta ramen ^)

Baby steps, sure, but might want to look at these for some reference.