[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 34 KB, 213x292, 1345766629290.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4300539 No.4300539 [Reply] [Original]

Does anybody have a good salsa recipe that doesn't include canned tomatoes, sugar, and requires use of a blender? I just spent 45 minutes looking through recipes online and can only find those created by subhuman fatties afraid of fresh whole tomatoes and sharp objects and hate things unless they include an entire bag of sugar.

>> No.4300548

Get fresh roma tomatoes and scoop out the inner watery flesh put aside, use food processes and start with onion cilantro a squirt of lime and chop. After they're choppy add tomato and chop only a few times and there

>> No.4300560
File: 207 KB, 946x644, salsa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

salsa is about 350 times better with in-season ripe tomatoes though

>> No.4300565

Get tomatoes and cut them and then beat the shit out of them untill they become a cream.

BTW, canned tomatoes are actually better than "fresh" tomatoes if these are out of season

>> No.4300593

>>4300539
What kind of salsa do you want? If you want the chip-dip sort of restaurant style pureed salsa, in my opinion there is no reason at all to get fresh tomatoes (especially in spring) when you can buy good canned tomatoes like the marzanos and make equivalent or better salsa much faster and with less clean-up.

You do need sugar in salsa to balance the acidity of tomatoes.

If you want to make pico de gallo, get fresh tomatoes preferably from a farmer's market. Get heirloom tomatoes. Supermarkets pick their tomatoes unripe and chemically ripen them with gasses because when picked ripe, tomatoes are often crushed or spoil. Chemical ripening isn't bad for your health, but a ripe tomato tastes much better.

Pico:
Concasse several tomatoes into 1/4 inch cubes. Look it up.
Dice a yellow onion. I do 3-4 tomatoes to 3/4 - 1 medium-large onion.
Cut up a jalapeno. Shave off the white stuff/discard seeds if you want it less hot.
Mince garlic to taste
Mix it up, salt, pepper, lime juice and cilantro

Puree salsa:
In the blender: can of tomatoes, above ingredients (minus fresh tomatoes) plus 2tbsp sugar and cumin.

>> No.4300604

>>4300560
>optionally seed them
Seeding is not optional. Recipe is clearly written by and for lazy amerilards on scooters.

You don't want the juice of the tomato in your fresh salsa nor the seed. It's acidic makes your salsa watery.

>> No.4300610

I second the pico recipe.

>> No.4300615

>>4300604

good anon you look kind of cool

>> No.4300619

So, you're looking particularly for a tomato salsa? Like, akin to Pace or something? I have an excellent recipe for Chile de Arbol Salsa, which does have a tiny bit of tomato in it, but it's not picante sauce by any means.

OH. after reading the other replies, I realize that pico de gallo is probably the best bet for OP, since he wants a fresh tomato salsa. Okay then, go with that.

>> No.4300626

>>4300593
Concasse: drop into boiling water, wait 60 sec, remove, peel, cut in half along the equator, use knife to pry out seeds, remove stem, dice.

>> No.4300627

>>4300560
Lol, no don't dice it down to 1/16th of an inch. You still want some bite. This isn't babby food.

>> No.4300636

>>4300627

Keep pretending yours is the only way

>> No.4300644

>>4300593
MMM, I will make this in the summer when my tomatoes ripen. I'll have vidalia onions.

>> No.4300645

OP here, if I wanted to make pico de gallo I would have asked for pico de gallo recipes. Pico de gallo looks like someone put a half-assed effort into making salsa and tastes like shit.

>> No.4300647

>>4300539

You mean pico de gallo?

You peel and dice tomatoes, green pepper, onion, mix it all in a bowl, add salt, chopped coriander if you want, minced jalapeno or habanero if you want, some people add corn, avocado cubes, etc.

You're quick to dismiss people's recipes, but the recipe for pico de gallo should be obvious just from looking at it.

>> No.4300658

>>4300647
I'm quick to dismiss all of them because nowhere did I ever type "pico de gallo" and the "blender" should have made it obvious I want a salsa that does not consist entirely of chunks. God forbid I don't want to use canned tomatoes due to most of them being of shit quality or full of sodium. Fuck me, right?

It's okay though, I kept right on searching and found exactly what I was looking for. You people are useless and extremely fat lately.

>> No.4300663

>>4300645
You are a fucking faggot.

Glad I didn't help before reading this far.

>> No.4300664

You didn't look very hard. I googled 'salsa' and 'salsa recipe' and the top recipe results for both all used fresh tomatoes, no sugar, and no blender.

Although, honestly, I wouldn't call what they made 'salsa'. I would call it pico de gallo.

>> No.4300709

>>4300645
10/10 would rustle again

>> No.4300712

>>4300645

I'll fuck you real good, boy

>> No.4301045

>>4300658

Say what?

>> No.4301070

no blender, huh?
pico de gallo,
onion, cilantro, tomato and a hint of lime

when you decide to use a blender, ill tell you some good ones

>> No.4301114

>>4300539
Guys, OP is retarded I think. They wrote "good salsa recipe that doesn't include canned tomatoes, sugar, and requires use of a blender" but what I think they meant was "good salsa recipe that doesn't use canned tomatoes and sugar". As in, they want a salsa recipe which does use a blender, not one for pico de gallo. I don't know what the purpose of adding that bit about the blender was, as it was worded retardedly.