[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 32 KB, 499x374, 1352212549400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4287437 No.4287437 [Reply] [Original]

hi /ck/ first time here.

I'm curious, is it weird to hate cooking with or adding salt to your food? I think it's okay in very small amounts, but I never cook with it or put it on my food otherwise. Never. just makes me hella thirsty if I can even get the food down.

Fries and salted nuts are the worst. I used to work at an Icecream store that had a wide selection of nuts that were caked with salt and every time I had to deal with it It made me want to puke a little. that disgusting texture.

and it irritates me when I go to a nice restaurant with friends or family and someone I'm with practically dumps half the salt shaker on their food before they even try it. Like they had all this delicious food in front of them and they just couldn't bare to eat it without making it terrible for them. Maybe it's a southern thing, I don't know.

I don't know shit about cooking I'm just curious

pic unrelated. closest thing to food I have in my folder

>> No.4287439

>I don't know shit about cooking

Obviously. Properly salted food shouldn't taste salty. Food prepared without any salt generally tastes pretty bland and I can guarantee you, most of your recipes come out tasting like shit.

>> No.4287446

Cook with? Yes, season your shit.
>dumps half the salt shaker on their food before they even try it
Kills me every time.

>> No.4287450

>is it weird to hate cooking with or adding salt to your food?
no, i'm really sensitive to salt in food. i almost never use it when i'm cooking. and it' a big pet peeve of mine when people dump a bunch of salt or other shit on the things i make before even trying it.

>> No.4287473

>>4287437
Southerner here

Not a southern thing, heavy salting is a class thing or an intelligence thing.

People who use more than enough salt to bring out the flavor are usually from lower socioeconomic classes or have lower mental functioning.

>> No.4287485

>>4287473
and everything is now starting to make more sense..

>> No.4287486
File: 28 KB, 640x360, 1342460796470.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4287473
>mfw people know their blood pressure is through the roof, yet continue to dump salt on EVERYTHING