[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 132 KB, 616x462, potroast.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4251649 No.4251649 [Reply] [Original]

I want to make slow-cooked pot roast, but I have no idea how to prepare it. What is the best way to prepare and cook pot roast in a slow cooker?

>> No.4251674

Bump for justice

>> No.4251682
File: 5 KB, 158x152, 1358316934144.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>http://tinyurl
>.com/aknchho

>> No.4251687

if you make it in the slow cooker it probably won't look like that picture. I make deer roast in my crockpot by slicing onions (2 or 3) and placing them on the bottom, then cutting some carrots and putting them over top. I put the roast over that, cut holes in it and stuff it with garlic, put a cup of beef broth over it, season it with salt and pepper and cook it on low for eight hours. You can do the same thing with a beef roast.

>> No.4251804

There's not too much to it, the first couple of results on google search should give you a basic idea. Chunk up some potatoes and carrots till they make an even layer in the bottom of the cooker, dump in broth (beef, presumably), add spices/herbs (rosemary is my main preference here), put the ALREADY THAWED slab of meat on that, rub it with some salt and pepper, and I dump a can of cream of mushroom soup over the meat, mostly to seal the top. Close and cook on low for 8 hours.

>> No.4251809

>>4251804

Oh, and onions with the veggies, too. Again bigger slices/pieces. Not that it couldn't work without them, either.