[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 36 KB, 500x375, Maid-ritemeat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4243281 No.4243281[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I are just watching a show on travel channel about a place in Iowa called MAID RITE. Are serving loose-meat hamburgers, not sloppy joe. These look absolutely disgusting. I encouraging you middlele ammericans to try to explain why your blob fat shit eating dumb hick asses eat this shit. Has middle-america's taste buds de-evolved? SUCK A BIG FAT IOWA FARMER DICK

>> No.4243297

I live in Nebraska and I hate people in Iowa I even once drove to the border and spit on Iowa dirt hahaha!

>> No.4243301

John you are america's last good man

>> No.4243326

Try it before you knock it.

>> No.4243340

>>4243281
I one had to go to Ottumwa Iowa for work.
This place has two claims to fame.
The original Maid-Rite style sandwich and the hometown of Tom Arnold (used to be married to Roseann Barr)

There is this place down town called the Canteen Lunch where all the serve is these nasty sandwiches. I tried one, in the name of science and discovery.

Sick for the rest of the day. Couldn't even finish work that day got nauseated and got the cold sweats. So I went back to the hotel. Didn't eat the rest of the day.

Made-rite
Not even once...

>> No.4243350

>>4243281
Iowafag here, born and raised. I live in Rhode Island now though lol

Anyway loose meat sandwiches are awesome. kind of silly construction but the absurdity gives them charm. They're delicious.

>> No.4243369 [DELETED] 

>>4243350
>silly construction
If what you mean is eating putting someone else's chewed up burger vomit on a new bun. Sure I guess that is pretty silly.

And the Retarded Nebraska cousin of the Maid rite is the Runza. Same crap on a hoagie bun.

>> No.4243371

Why do you sound so upset?
It looks pretty good to me.

I'd like to try it at least once in my life.

>> No.4243372

>>4243350
>silly construction
If what you mean is putting someone else's chewed up burger vomit on a new bun and eating it. Sure I guess that is pretty silly.

And the Retarded Nebraska cousin of the Maid rite is the Runza. Same crap on a hoagie bun.

>> No.4243409

>>4243350
Is it seasoned with anything? It sounds hideous.

>>4243281
Assuming middle America's tasted buds were evolved at some point.

>> No.4243543

I grew up on welfare cause my mom was always very sick cause of copd and diabetes anyways, my mom would always call these "rolly polly sandwiches" just ground beef and mustard. not as messy as OP's pic. Its pretty much just a burger, whats the big deal OP?

>> No.4243562

>>4243281
>not a troll thread guise i swear!!

>> No.4243571
File: 46 KB, 355x400, 36.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So basically... sloppy joes without the sauce.

That doesn't sound appealing at all.
Sounds like it'd be a pain in the ass to eat. ...and that beef in the pic there doesn't look seasoned at all.

Its like you've just browned some beef, drained it.. and dumped it straight onto a bun.
What the fuck

>> No.4243598

idk, I think this could be good if you added some curry spices or something to the beef
but unseasoned, yeah, that would be nasty