[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 177 KB, 500x332, breakfast2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4209250 No.4209250 [Reply] [Original]

So /ck/, what are you eating for breakfast?

Just made myself a scrambled egg turkey sandwich with a small side of fried potatoes. Good way to start off school/working days I think. I think I slightly overcooked the scrambled eggs though, tastes a bit too dry.

>> No.4209255

>heat pan over medium-low heat
>scramble eggs
>coat the bottom of the pan with butter
>add eggs to pan, and keep stirring until still wet, but not runny
>turn off the heat and let them sit for 3-5 minutes
>sprinkle with salt and eat
i think these are the best scrambled eggs i've had

>> No.4209259
File: 2.29 MB, 3456x2304, cakes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I AM EATING..saurkraut, 3 semi scrambled eggs topped with swiss cheese, a baked potato and baked beans, with a slice of rye bread..and two red chilies.

i dont even know. i just felt like saurkraut for some reason.

Oh and before that i had two belgian waffles.. with grape jelly.

>> No.4209262

slow cooked whole oats with homemade almond milk, sunflower seeds and cinnamon. delish!

>> No.4209267

i hate breakfast and limit it to an absolute minimum when i get hungry early enough to justify it

>> No.4209269

>>4209267
>everything wrong with teenagers these days

>> No.4209275

>>4209269
This about sums em up.

>> No.4209285

I'm in a hospital cafeteria eating a ham steak with some Heinz mustard on the side and an orange.

They also had sausage links, sausage patties, sliced kielbasa (why?), bacon, turkey bacon, hash browns, and scrambled eggs. Funny how hospital cafeteria food is always so bad for you.

>> No.4209304

>>4209285
>sausage links, sausage patties, sliced kielbasa (why?), bacon, turkey bacon, hash browns, and scrambled eggs
>bad for you
is everything bad for you now other the newest hipster superfood locavore sustainable vegan novelty?

>> No.4209324

eggs over medium and hash
got lazy and cooked with oil instead of butter though

>> No.4209327

>>4209285
>sliced kielbasa (why?)
smoked kielbasa is great with eggs and potatoes

>> No.4209329

Oatmeal with banana, cinnamon, flax meal, and a spoonful of almond butter. And coffee

>> No.4209334

2 fried eggs(w/cooking spray) also tijuanna flats hot suace and tony's seasoning when done
whole wheat toast
greek yogurt with strawberry, goji and chia seeds
banana

>> No.4209348

>>4209304

Haha what? Everything I listed is high in fat/cholesterol/etc except for the turkey bacon. None of it is good for you. i guess you're trolling though.

>>420937

Yeah but I'm just surprised to see it on a cafeteria menu. I've never even seen it at a restaurant. But then I'm from Nebraska and I'm here at a hospital in Connecticut so maybe that has something to do with it *shrug*

>> No.4209354

drinking coffee

>> No.4209375

Banana and a coffee, followed by a spliff

>> No.4209378

how do all these resturaunts make these ultra smooth good looking pancaked? when i try to make them they always are mishapen and have bubbles in them

>> No.4209636

>>4209378

Depends on how you're forming the pancackes. It takes a little practice, but when you're putting the batter on the grill, it has to be a nice and smooth motion and just as smooth when you flip it.

>> No.4209659 [DELETED] 

apple juice and weetabix.
:((

>> No.4209666 [DELETED] 

>>4209285
>>4209304
FOOD is bad for you.

see: health benefits of fasting

>> No.4209678

>>4209250
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_QNu_Ks
You're welcome.

>> No.4209684

>>4209348
>Still living in the 90's and being afraid of fat and cholesterol

>> No.4209960
File: 455 KB, 1296x968, photo(1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.4209974

>>4209960
thats healthy..but boring. wheres the carbs and protein?

>> No.4209977

Muesli and plain yogurt.

>> No.4209978

>>4209974
I might make some oatmeal, and I have some tuna salad in the fridge for later. I never really get enough to eat somehow, everything tells me to get 2500 calories a day and gain 10 lbs but I find it hard to do.

>> No.4209997

>>4209978
I know what ya mean. But if you only ever eat you calories separately, you're not going to get a complete meal. You need to eat Fat, carbs, and protein at the same time.

for example, make a bowl of oatmeal, slice up an avocado and mix it with tuna... or something. Make a tuna salad sandwich with avocado on it.

>> No.4210004

>>4209636
never understood the trouble behind making a normal looking pancake. take ladle of batter, pour on pan/griddle, and it always forms a circle on its own for me. i'd love a batter dispenser though.

as for me, i havent eaten yet (at fucking 3PM) but i'm thinking about making some breakfast food since it's quick and i dont think i have any meat thawed right now. thinking bacon, eggs, toast. hash browns over toast if i feel like taking the time to grate a potato (doubtful)

>> No.4210005

>>4209348
oh no, fat and cholesterol!

go eat some dry toast, you retard.

>> No.4210018

>>4209997
>you need to eat fat, carbs, and protein at the same time

nice broscience, bro.

>> No.4210034

>>4210018
Oh sorry, im a civilized human being that eats a whole complete diet.

typical american breakfast
>eggs
>bacon
>toast

typical american lunch
>sandwhich
which consists of
>meat
>cheese
>bread

typical american dinner
>..i dont know lasanga
>meat
>cheese
>noodles

do you see a trend here?

>> No.4210039

9 peanut m&m's

>> No.4210066

>>4209250
Müsli w/ granola, grape nuts and blue berries
One scoop whey with whole milk

>> No.4210092

>>4210034
typical and necessity are two completely different things.

you could eat one set of nutrients for breakfast, another for lunch, and another for dinner, and be perfectly healthy assuming you meet all your requirements. might not be as appetizing, but just as complete of a diet as any "Typical" diet

>> No.4210099

I just fry an egg and put it on two slices of bread with butter on it. Damn good.

>> No.4210165

Tomorrows breakfast will be hash browns with eggs, over-easy of course, toast and a strawberry yogurt. maybe some orange juice to drink.

>> No.4210167
File: 431 KB, 522x503, are you serial.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4210092
You know nothing, humans developed "typical" because it works.

Lets say, and im going to keep this simple so pay attention.

Carbs=fast burning/depending on carbs
Fat=moderate burning/depending on quality and bioavailability
Protein=slow burning-moderate burn

When a person eats breakfast, you want a long burn to get you to lunch, but depending on what you choose to eat your body will utilize different nutrients first[cite me].

If you eat only carbs, you will be full, but burn it quickly and be hungry in an hour or two. If you eat only fat, you wont get full, but it will sustain you. If you eat only protein, you wont get a boost of energy to wake you up.

In this order your body needs to, Get a carbs to wake your body up, fat to have a solid energy to get you through the morning and then protein to rebuild muscles while you're out taking care of buisness.

AT LUNCH TIME..forget lunchtime. The formula gets mixed up and altered for an either picking up or winding down day. but essentially at night time, you want to eat light, less protein, less fat, and less carbs. Always wake up with a FULL breakfast, because in the MORNING your body WILL need to rejuvenate itself from the previous day, whether it be muscles, fatigue, or a lack of nutrients and electrolytes.

>My actual face

>> No.4210188

>>4210167
the mistake you're making is thinking that the typical american breakfast is a full breakfast. unless you're fully retarded, you'd know that a much more typical american breakfast is a shitload of carbs and very little else (cereal, toast, bagel, donut, etc). just because something is not ideal doesn't mean it's unhealthy. and considering millions of people get by without having a full breakfast, your point is wasted.

if we really wanted an ideal diet, dinner wouldn't be the heaviest, most protein based meal of the day.

>> No.4210213

>>4210188
oh hell no, do i know better that an american breakfast is full on retarded. It could be healthier, but its mostly protein with a little bit..a lot of grease and hydrogenated oil for adults, and for kids its sugar milk.

when i referred to american meals as complete, i was pointing out that it was usually a combination of fat/protein/carbs.. not that it was healthy.

>> No.4210221

>>4210213
>it's mostly protein

never been to America? I just pointed out that it's mostly carbs.

>> No.4210248

>>4210221
American breakfast, for a moderately well off family, that sits down for breakfast and cooks, is eggs, meat, toast, and some kind of fruit.. perhaps i grew up in a different time. but even back in my day, kids ate sugar cereal. so yes, carbs. but if you've had a breakfast made for you at another persons house, and they "wanna cook for you", its just protein.
>sauce
>im american and ate many american breakfasts

>> No.4210265

>>4210248
"moderately well of families that sit down and cook" are the extreme minority. and being at another person's house who wants to cook for you is in no way typical.

maybe the world just moves faster these days, gramps.

>> No.4210273

>>4210265
>thus the argument about being healthy
i wouldnt boast the "world moving faster" if its getting more retarded.

>> No.4210276

>>4210248
New gut here: MOST Americans eat either cereal or nothing for breakfast. The rest mostly eat something you could buy at a gas station.
ITT: bitches don't know about my glycogen or body fat, this guy >>4210092 is right. You don't need breakfast to "fuel up for the day". I routinely bicycle 40+ miles before stopping to eat breakfast. (snickers and dr pepper btw)

>> No.4210286

>>4210273
i never said i was a fan of the way we're progressing, but that's the reality.

>>4210276
>snickers and dr pepper

breakfast of champions.

>> No.4210288
File: 39 KB, 634x480, eat your greems.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4210276
i just... just because you Choose to eat AFTER breakfast, doesnt change the fact that your body STILL needs that balanced diet. I choose to eat breakfast before going on my rides, im a cyclist myself, but when i get home i want to eat protein, not to exploit the sugar allowance.

So while you dont need to "fuel up", you do need to "refill", at some point.

AND some peoples bodys are different, but thats more mental than physical. in reality everyones bodily needs are essentially the same.

>> No.4210327

>>4210288
>So while you dont need to "fuel up", you do need to "refill", at some point.
This is what I'm saying. People can go days without eating.
Your glycogen reserves alone should run your body for about a day without exercise. And two pounds of body fat should supply your caloric needs for about 3 days. You'd likely run out of some amino acid or essential fat before you run out of "fuel".
You _should_ have some protein after a 3+ hour workout to prevent you body from eating itself to get protein.

>> No.4210349
File: 439 KB, 500x281, eating before bed.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4210327
Considering that that anon was eating an avocado, and hardly starving himself, and eating a balanced diet is the topic of this thread and our conversation, one would assume that it is More beneficial to eat All the nutrients together at once, as most nutrients work synergistically and use each other to keep the body in working order, than it is to eat one food at a time.

one would assume.

>> No.4210374

>>4210349
True. I was getting sidetracked on the notion of what's possible, instead of what's a good idea.

>> No.4210756

Guys, the OP just asked what the fuck you ate for breakfast, not this nutritional stuff.