[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 20 KB, 450x312, GODZIRRAAAAAA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4161211 No.4161211 [Reply] [Original]

Sup co/cks/. Let's have a food challenge thread. Share stories of the challenges you've attempted and where the place was located. Spicy stories encouraged.

Here's mine.

1. 5 Alarm Fire Burger Challenge
Where: littlebittyburgerbarn dot com
Conditions: No time limit, finish whole burger, can't drink liquids or go to restroom
Prize: T-shirt, picture on wall

I should have beaten this damn thing, but I was so freaking hungry, and had nothing in my stomach so all the spicy ingredients just ate my stomach lining. I consider my stomach to be ironclad, but this was the first time something had put me in so much discomfort. So this this thing is a standard LBBB burger topped with six freshly sliced jalapeños, six freshly sliced habaneros and an “elixir” that registers 10,000,000 on the Scoville scale. The elixir’s official name is Nitro Sauce and includes arbol peppers, diced dry chilies, crushed red pepper, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, jalapeño salt, liquid capsaicin, five bottled hot sauces (including a ghost chili sauce) and fresh habaneros.

I will attempt this burger again, but I'll be sure to order and consume an order of fries or something similar to coat my stomach before setting in on the burger.

Cont...

>> No.4161217

>>4161211

2. Gearhead's Spicy Challenge
Where: Gearheads Grubb and Pub - 5149 Fm 1960 Rd W Houston, TX 77069-4504
Conditions: 15 minute time limit, must finish burger, 3 wings, all fries
Prize: Meal is free, $20 dollar free drinks from bar

Burger is just bread, 2 patties, and a healthy coating of the spicy sauce on each layer of the burger. Sauce is composed of ghost pepper chilis. That's all the owner told me about it. The 3 wings are coated in the same sauce. The trick to this challenge is to wait for the french fries to cool off, because there is nothing special about them except you are inclined to start right in on this timed challenge without considering the fries are right out of the fryer.
Not thinking about this was my downfall.

I ate the wings first. No problem. The heat set in so I took a few fries and showed them in my mouth. Burned my tongue and top of my mouth pretty bad, which made all subsequent bites hell. I ended up finishing 1/2 of the burger, the wings, and a handful of the fries before I gave up. Some drunk at the bar was watching me the whole time attempt the challenge. He was convinced it wasn't that hot or hard so I offered the other 1/2 of my burger to him. After wolfing it down, he didn't say a word until he broke into a sweat and quickly exited the bar with the most twisted look on his face. Douche.

I also remember some guy that just got back from the marines was watching me do this challenge from the start, and he thought he could be a hard-ass and finish it no problem. Two bites into it, he gave up and ran to the restroom. Good times.

>> No.4161254

Bump.

No one other than me has tried a food challenge? Come on /ck/.

>> No.4161286

I respect my coronary system too much

>> No.4161291

>>4161254
give it some time, the fatties have to reach the keyboard

>> No.4161296

1lb burger at cheesey janes, completed and was still hungry. Reward was a tshirt.

3lb chicken fried steak at Lulus jailhouse cafe, completed. no reward, just delicious. the sides were prolly also 3lb's but i used those as dinner it was so huge. san antonio TX here. This restaurant was on Man Vs food.

been wanting to do the Blazin challenge at B dubs. but meh i hate boned wings.

>> No.4161298

I don't know anywhere in my area where I can try something like this.

The closest thing is a brewpub where they have a half-pound burger with jalapenos... costs 13 bucks and if you finish it you get a free beer... lame

>> No.4161312
File: 87 KB, 610x458, 20120405slingerpri.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you eat this thing you get a certificate

hashbrowns, 2 burger patties, grilled onions, cheese, topped with chili and two eggs.

I have friends who have done it but I haven't because it doesn't seem appetizing to me and a certificate isn't much motivation.

>> No.4161320

>>4161296

I've been meaning to do the Blazin' Challenge. It's just that every time I go to BDubs I'm really hungry and actually want to enjoy my food and their other flavors. I usually get 12 bone-in, 1/2 Thai Curry and the other 1/2 Blazin'.

>> No.4161321
File: 95 KB, 590x590, thumb_600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4161312

sounds easy to me but i ate a 3lb chicken fried steak. Pic related. Only 12 bucks to. Plus the 2 huge sides. and a drink. great deal

>> No.4161324

>>4161320

I usually get half Hot and half Parmesan garlic. so good. I wanna try the jalapeno ones tho

>> No.4161326

>>4161321
Yeah it does seem easy, I mean you take away the pool of chili and it seems like a normal sized meal. Another reason I haven't gotten it. I'd rather just get some ham or bacon instead of chili and burger patties.

>> No.4161331

Houston Chef, I need the best mediterranean/Greek food in Houston. GO GO GO!

>> No.4161335

I wish I could find some near me.
There used to be a place that had a 3lb burrito, but it closed down.
Waterloo, ON if anyone knows of any.

>> No.4161342

in LA i was staying down the strret from a taqueria thatr threw 3lb lf scrap in a burrito n sell it for 8flat
theyd give me like a cup of salsa to go with it :p cool guys

I would wake up n ride my bike all day, grab one on my way home, turn on the tv and it would be gone in bout 12 min

>> No.4161374

>>4161331
I don't eat much Greek food, but Niko Niko's is popular and I enjoyed it the few times I've been there. Avoid Darband at all costs (if they are still opened. I think they burned down/lost their liquid license like 2 years ago).

>> No.4161384

>>4161374

>liquor, lel

Also, I'm pretty sure the owner of Darband was into some sorta smuggling program, because all his waitresses were hot, young, from the Ukraine/Russia and never spoke good English. Fucking frustrating ordering a hookah from them every-single-time we went.

>> No.4161389
File: 85 KB, 344x329, thurmanator.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Challenge: The Thurmanator

I've eaten about 10 Thurman Burgers, but the Thurmanator was by far the best. I basically ate it sideways with fries thrown in. Drank a bit of soda water earlier but that's it all day. Absolutely worth the free meal and t-shirt

>> No.4161394

1. The 666 challenge.
Where: Some hole in the wall taqueria in Waco TX across the highway from Baylor.
Conditions: 6 minutes, 6 tacos, no drinks during or for 6 minutes after.
Prize: Pic on the wall, everything you eat/ drink free that day.

6 small tacos with your choice of meat, loaded with their roasted Habeñero pico with liquid capsaicin. Great stuff, but this is definitely a challenge. Everything I've tried at this place is great.

>> No.4161399

>>4161298
>only a half pound

That is lame.

>> No.4161405

>>4161331
Phoenicia Deli, shit is off the chain

>> No.4161412

Ever eat the Satan's Anus from Burger Guys, Houstonbro?
Its not a challenge or anything, but it is damned tasty.
I've ate it at least 3 times.

>> No.4161419

>>4161296
All of the fraternities on my campus selected a brother to compete in an undisclosed food challenge. I was my fraternity's selected champion.
>we all sit down at a table blindfolded. I smell hot sauce.
>blindfolds removed
>30 bone in wings from bdubs in blazing sauce
>I kill the wings in like 2 minutes
>Feel like a god
Two days later, my stomach still felt like fire.

>> No.4161426

>>4161412
No. Is it listed like that on the menu? Haha. Or, is this an off the menu item? I'll get it next time for sure.

>>4161405

I've been here before actually, but only to shop. Only bought some wine. Never ate at the deli section.

>> No.4161427

Bahama Bucks has a few that I'd try. The one that uses pickle juice instead of syrup seems the most coveted of the bunch. You get your picture up on the wall.

I only tried one challenge when I was a kid, some large burger. Again you got your picture up on a wall. I couldn't finish it all and it felt like a waste. I know for a fact that if I tried now I could do it easily, but the place closed down quite some time ago.

>> No.4161434

>>4161394
>666 Challenge
>Across the highway from Baylor

I enjoy the irony of this.

>> No.4161436

I ate the big burger at che burger che burger. I was really high (I don't usually smoke). I killed it and then started eating the food off of my buddy's plate. Great. Now there's a picture of me up on their wall with bloodshot eyes and a retard smile.

>> No.4161604

Five pound slab of meat, slow cooked somehow until it nearly falls apart by looking at it

I beat it, I just leaned forward and started sucking in the meat, like some kind of bear shaped vacumn cleaner

>> No.4161664

I did the Atomic wing challenge at Quaker Steak, only had to eat 3 wings. Fucking easiest TShirt i have ever gotten.

>> No.4161673

>>4161604
How tall were you anon, and how much did you weigh at the time?

>> No.4161734 [DELETED] 

>>4161211
ONce, I get big macs for 1.30 cents each. I ask for a double cheeseburger with only lettuce and big mac sauce. it tastes the exact same.

>> No.4161744

>>4161211
>cant drink liquids

they're going to kill somebody like that. challenge unaccepted.

>> No.4161751

>>4161312
that sounds delicious as fuck and its not even a lot of food (by op's standard). even normal food standard.

>> No.4161818

>>4161734

How can the taste of a McDs burger compare in OP's burger? OP's burger sounds like it was forged in hell.

>> No.4161983

i remember my friendwas really drunk and suggested he pound a half full big bottle of tapatio
so i grabbed my hat n started a collection plate, ten minutes later dude had 40 dollars and a2day stomach ache

>> No.4162070

OP here. One time, I had a beat that I wouldnt put hot sauce only penis. I did. But I still lost. Shut burned, man.

>> No.4162072
File: 58 KB, 595x426, 1331875437671.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP here. One time, I had a beat that I wouldnt put hot sauce only penis. I did. But I still lost. Shut burned, man.

>>4162070
Typos for days.

>mfw

>> No.4162172

Drunk bump for the europoors.

>> No.4162193
File: 32 KB, 600x450, l.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I completed the 12 egg omelette challenge at Beth's Cage in Seattle, WA.
I took insulin before hand and got my blood sugar level low which helped me power through.
Afterwards I got a short back rub from the waitress.
Wasn't worth the three days of constipation that followed though.

>> No.4162217

Why not just consume the eggs raw?

Greetings from /fit/

>> No.4162248

>>4162193
just the idea of that makes me want to vomit all over the floor

omlettes really fill me up. 12 egg ommelette? NOPE.