[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 106 KB, 289x432, icecoffee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4075114 No.4075114 [Reply] [Original]

Can someone recommend some tips for making good ice coffee?

>> No.4075120

>make coffee
>add cream, sugar, flavors, spices, whatever
>put in fridge until cold
>put over ice

>> No.4075121

>>4075120
too difficult
I need a simpler recipe

>> No.4075123

Why would you anything other Frappucino?
It's the gold standard.

>> No.4075124

>>4075120
Also, make the coffee a little stronger than you normally would. For whatever reason, cooling it down in the fridge seems to get rid of some of the coffee flavor, and you have to account for the ice you put in it.

>> No.4075132

Double espresso over ice, top with milk.

Have you never been to a coffee shop?

>> No.4075155
File: 14 KB, 480x360, 1317919273215.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4075132
The faggot is right. OP, stop being a dumb shitbird.

>> No.4075156

>>4075121

>brew coffee
>add ice
>take as enema

>> No.4075203

When you have time, freeze coffee in ice cube trays and save (you can save them in ziplock bags) for making iced coffee later. Your drinks will never be watered down again.

>> No.4075204

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4kyojtHJb0&feature=related

A phin, and finely ground dark roast. Nguyen is known for being the best coffee for this. Sweetened condensed milk. Pour what you see made in the video over a tall glass filled with ice.

This is heaven during a hot summer.

>> No.4075212

>put ice in cup
>put cream in it
>put a dash of caramel or vanilla flavoring in it
>put coffee
>stir
>cut
>eat

>> No.4075219

There are two choices for iced coffee: warm brew and cold brew. I think cold brew is much more sensible, and is easier since it requires no boiling of water.

It's very simple. Take the quantity of coffee you want to make, in water, and pour it into a container with coffee grounds, and mix it a bit, and let it sit for the better part of a day covered.

The proportion of coffee and water that I saw, and I've used with success, is 2 ounces coffee per quart water, or a half pound in a gallon.

When it's done steeping, you pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth, and it should be free of detritus.

With the result, you can now refrigerate it for a few weeks.

To serve, pour over ice, and add an equal part (or to your taste) of milk or half-and-half.

If you want, add a spoonful of sugar, or even more delicious, replace some of the milk/cream with a spoonful of sweetened condensed milk (which imitates Vietnamese style iced coffee).

>> No.4075225

>>4075156

this guy knows what's up.

>> No.4077018

reduce your coffee into a syrup then let it chill a fridge proceed to pour that shit into some half and half then get a separate cup full of ice and drink it.

>> No.4077031

I read about a method for ice coffee but never tired it out. Basically you start with your fresh ground coffee and brew it in half of the required amount of water. The other half is in the form of ice which you pour the double strong coffee over immediately after brewing.
I guess this is supposed to lock in the oils by cooling it down instantly without diluting the flavour.

>> No.4077037

make frappe
it's the most common coffee here in greece
1-2 teaspoons coffee, sugar, a little water... about 1 tablespoon maybe 2.
blend that with a hand mixer until the foam thickens
add water and a bit of milk if you want, add ice.
enjoy

>> No.4077040

>>4077037
i forgot to add, you need instant coffee

>> No.4077042

>>4075204
That's some weird ass Thai music going on in the background.

>> No.4077079
File: 1.44 MB, 2000x3008, shakerato.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Where I'm from, we do this with espresso, but where I live now espresso is not only uncommon in homes but of abysmal quality at coffee shops/cafés. I have modified it for use with drip-style coffee, as this is the most prevalent style of coffee where I am now.

Using a drip style coffee maker (automatic or hand-poured, either way), place the maximum amount of ground coffee intended for your particular maker (mine is relatively small and meant to hold no more than 50g).
Place ice cubes into the carafe or collection part of your drip brewer, below the filter.
Use half the amount of water for a full brew (mine brews 700ml/24oz, so I use half as much water IE 350ml/12oz) and brew otherwise as normal.
As the hot water drips through the coffee and into the carafe/collection area, it drips, also, onto the ice, melting it. This creates a well-balanced final brew and the coffee will be cold almost instantaneously.
Sweeten to taste and mix with milk as/if desired.

As originally made back home, a barista would brew a short espresso directly over ice and the melting of the ice would make the liquid volume equal to a regular espresso. The ice is then strained out and the cold coffee would be shaken with sugar and turn frothy in the process.
Where I live now, this method of making and serving iced coffee is completely unknown which is a pity because it's my favourite. Cold brewed coffee has been the thing here for the last few years, which is also pitiable because I find it to taste similar to how musty basements smell but with a decidedly sour note attached to it. It's wholly unpleasant to me.

>> No.4077084

>>4077031
YES! That's basically this: >>4077079
I don't know about locking in oils or whatever, but it's most certainly my favourite. Because back home is hot year round, this is my preferred coffee and almost exclusively what I brew daily.