[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 128 KB, 616x462, VD0106-1_Chicken-with-Rice_s4x3_lg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4052427 No.4052427 [Reply] [Original]

So, I have been on chicken, rice, and assorted veggies (peas, carrots, and broccoli) bender lately. I cook all of them, throw them into a bowl and eat it all together as one. It just seems kind of dry, what kind of sauce would be good to "tie it all together" so to speak?

>> No.4052437

sriracha

>> No.4052439

make biryani

>> No.4052441

Buy a can of cream of broccoli/celery/mushroom soup and some milk. Mix per the directions and pour over everything.

>> No.4052443
File: 15 KB, 300x300, THMPLOY007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sweet Chili Sauce.

Or just throw in a few knobs of butter...

>> No.4052449
File: 62 KB, 605x396, mos_def23.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4052441
Definitely. I crock pot boneless, skinless chicken breasts in cream of whatever soup. Shit's delicious 100% of the time. Serve over rice? Aww, hell yeah.

>> No.4052452

>>4052443
this shit is disgusting wouldn't even take it if it was free

>> No.4052462

>>4052449
So you just put the cream of whatever in the crock pot, cook the chicken in the cream of whatever for an hour or so and then just put the rice on it afterwards? I'm assuming I can pour the soup over the chicken and rice? Excuse my ignorance, I've only been living on my own for about a month.

>> No.4052463
File: 62 KB, 1500x1477, misc-are-you-fucking-kidding-me-clean-l.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4052441
>>4052449

>> No.4052465

The very best thing you can do is use whole thighs.
Remove the skins and chop them up.
Place the chopped up skins into a pot and set to low heat.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the skins have rendered their fat and are themselves crispy.
Add your chicken thighs, still with bone, in a single layer of thighs, and cook until coloured, but not cooked entirely through, flipping the pieces over from time to time.
Add some fatty base sauce of some kind such as Puerto Rican or Dominican sofrito (or even the Spanish one), Neapolitan soffrito (most similar to a fatty mirepoix) or a fatty tomato sauce.
Toss about a bit until the thighs are well-coated, then add well-washed rice to completely cover the thighs. For my pot, that might be between two to four cups, generally three but sometimes more and sometimes less.
Toss the rice a bit to gently cook it in the render and fatty sauce, about five minutes.
Top with water or chicken broth/stock. If you add plain water, you'd benefit from adding bouillon/stock cubes or powder. A fatty broth/stock would go well; when things have a dry mouthfeel, that can often imply a lack of fat rather than a lack of moisture.
>Depending on the type and amount of rice you're cooking, the amount of liquid you should add will vary: please use the right amounts for whatever sort of rice you're making and for whatever quantity. If you're using sticky rice, for example, add liquid in half the volume of rice (IE if using 4 cups of rice, add 2 of liquid) and off the heat to allow the rice to soak for 20-30 minutes before cooking the rest of the way. If using basmati or jasmine rices, use 1½-2× the amount of liquid as rice. Other rices will vary considerably.
Cook your rice (with added chicken) as you would normally and stir in your peas and vegetables and so on when the rice is ⅔-¾ of the way done.
/That's/ how you make some very good chicken and rice.

>> No.4052466

>>4052462
>I'm assuming I can pour the soup over the chicken and rice?
Yes.

>> No.4052468

>>4052463
GTFO hipster faggot.

>> No.4052484

>>4052441
my mom used to something like that, chicken breasts, carrot, potatoes in a roasting pan with cream of mushroom poured over it, chuck in in the oven for howeverlong to cook the chicken, serve over rice. Fucking mana of the gods.