[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 13 KB, 270x160, spicy-red-hot-beef-bean-burritos-full.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4041445 No.4041445 [Reply] [Original]

Ingredients:

WATER, WHEAT FLOUR (ENRICHED WITH NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), BEEF, BEANS, VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN, SUNFLOWER, CANOLA AND/OR CORN OIL), CONTAINS 2% OR LESS TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (SOY FLOUR, CARAMEL COLOR), JALAPENO PEPPER (WITH SALT, ACETIC ACID, CALCIUM CHLORIDE), FLOUR BLEND (SUGAR, CALCIUM PROPIONATE, SALT, GUAR GUM, WHEAT, RICE FLOUR, YEAST, CELLULOSE GUM, SODIUM BICARBONATE, WHEAT STARCH, FOOD STARCH, FUMARIC ACID, SORBIC ACID, DOUGH CONDITIONERS (SODIUM METABISULFITE, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, L-CYSTEINE, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE), MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, SILICON DIOXIDE (TO PREVENT CAKING)),CHILI PEPPER, ISOLATED PEA PRODUCT, SALT, FLAVORS, SPICES, CULTURED SUGAR, GLUCONO-DELTA-LACTONE. FRIED IN VEGETABLE OIL. ALLERGENS: WHEAT, SOY.

>> No.4041458
File: 25 KB, 400x274, Exccellulose__microcrystallineS006_default.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Microcrystalline cellulose

>wood product

Microcrystalline cellulose is a term for refined wood pulp and is used as a texturizer, an anti-caking agent, a fat substitute, an emulsifier, an extender, and a bulking agent in food production.[1] The most common form is used in vitamin supplements or tablets. It is also used in plaque assays for counting viruses, as an alternative to carboxymethylcellulose.[2]

In many ways, Cellulose makes the ideal excipient. A naturally occurring polymer, it is composed of glucose units connected by a 1-4 beta glycosidic bond. These linear cellulose chains are bundled together as microfibril spiralled together in the walls of plant cell. Each microfibril exhibits a high degree of three-dimensional internal bonding resulting in a crystalline structure that is insoluble in water and resistant to reagents. There are, however, relatively weak segments of the microfibril with weaker internal bonding. These are called amorphous regions but are more accurately called dislocations since microfibril containing single-phase structure. The crystalline region is isolated to produce Microcrystalline Cellulose.

>> No.4043638

Alton said it best: If you don't recognize an ingredient, don't eat the food unless the chef can identify it for you.

>> No.4043643
File: 41 KB, 294x300, wat2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ISOLATED PEA PRODUCT

>> No.4043645

AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA

>> No.4043653
File: 26 KB, 320x310, pea-protein.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Isolated pea product is a protein additive often used as a substitute for animal-derived protein.

Guar gum is a thickening agent.

Xanthan Gum is used to prevent oil separation.

Glycerin is a solvent that is found in soap, moisturizers and some brands of shaving cream.

TBHQ (tertiary butylhydroquinone) is used to preserve vegetable oils against oxidation, and can also be found in varnishes, lacquers, and perfumes.

dImethylpolysiloxane is a type of silicone used to prevent cooking oil from foaming after repeated uses. It’s also found in Silly Putty and many lubricants.

Calcium silicate is used to prevent caking and is also a popular antacid. In addition, it’s a sealant used on roads, roofs and concrete.

>> No.4043699

>>4041458

>mfw i read in my instant mash potatoes they use cellulose.
>mfw i know cellulose was a key ingredient in some welding fluxs.

kinda ruined them for me...they where so tasty and easy to make too.

>> No.4043702

>>4043653

Holy shit, sauced.

>> No.4043716

>>4043699
>Instantmash
>easy and tasty

Nigga just put some potatoes in boiling water till soft then mash up with some butter and milk. I refuse to believe people actually find that complicated.

>> No.4043718

The idea of having a long ingredient list full of weird shit doesn't necessarily bother me in theory. Eventually processed foods are going to be healthier than whole foods. We have a long fucking ways to go, though.

>> No.4043752

>>4043716

when you have to cook enough for say...6 people and are cooking a roast or whole meal its not always feasible to have time to wash peel boil then mash them.

>pour flakes into water
> ???
> almost tastes a 100% like normal mashed potatoes.

i do agree eating REAL food is better but we don't always have time prep the food.

>> No.4043760

>>4043752

>peel

Pls.

>> No.4043814

i dont give a fuck

>> No.4043836

>>4043752
why not look at it like "hey, I've spent hours on a roast for 5 of my closest comrades, I might as well make some mashed potatoes while it cooks, right? I mean, I'm already here."

>> No.4043844

>>4041445
Its a microwavable burrito, dumbass, not caviar

>> No.4043848

>>4043699
cellulose is what makes up the large majority of the stuff we call "dietary fiber". It's the main molecular ingredient in all plant cell walls.

>> No.4043860

>>4043699
did you know that spinach has IRON in it?

i mean, iron is a METAL!

open your eyes, sheeple!

>> No.4043862

>>4043860
FUCKING MONSANTO

>> No.4043901

>>4043752
>Put roast in oven
>put kettle on
>put potatoes not used for roast in boiling water
>take roast out
>mash potatoes with milk and butter

And if you're telling me that powdered shit tastes anything like real mashed potatoes then I would just order take out. You'd be doing your friends a favour.

It like fuckin' magic.