[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 196 KB, 2560x1920, rice.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4040585 No.4040585 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /ck/ what are tasty and healthy recipes that involve rice? What are good sauces to make and what are good vegetables/fruits to cook and mix with it?

>> No.4040622

I enjoy cooking the rice in chicken broth, then when it's close to done maybe stir in some mushrooms or a beaten egg for pilaf
Also Mexican rice (basically toss in oil, then cook with tomato paste/onions/garlic) is delicious, as well as rice omelettes and fried rice.
Also not quite 'rice' but a favorite recipe of mine is avgolemono-it's like chicken noodle soup only super tasty, light, filling, and easy
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/avgolemono/

>> No.4041054

Any stir fry. Look into oyster sauce, fish sauce, dark soy sauce. You can use pretty much anything, but I tend to go for carrots, peas, peppers, and broccoli.

Any curry. If you aren't really sure what you're doing get one of those small boxes/packets of Japanese curry, and make that with some stew meat, potatoes, and carrots, and dump resulting stew over rice.

Basically most of Asian and SE Asian cooking.