[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 103 KB, 760x510, rainbow_roll.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4010769 No.4010769[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

There's this Japanese place that has an all you can eat sushi special for $19.95 per person.

Is it worth it?

>> No.4010779

Sushi/seafood in general is pretty expensive so yeah

>> No.4010783

I don't think I'd manage to eat enough to make it worth it. Maybe with if they had good sashimi, that's usually expensive.

>> No.4010787

Considering some specialty rolls can go into the double digits? Yes.

>> No.4010791

depends on the quality of ingredients they use, if its a pretty nice place then thats a good price for all u can eat

>> No.4010793

I've been to a bunch of them in Toronto.

They are usually decent quality - not great, but alright if you just want a lot of sushi at a cheap price.

The service is what is variable. Some are good, others are very slow and mix up orders.

>dat feeling when you order a bunch of things twice because half an hour passes, and you are suddenly bombarded by 12 dishes and you are no longer full

>> No.4010794

NO. I tried this for my first time when I visited Denver recently.

The trick is you DON'T get specialty rolls, it's all you can eat of a certain selection of basic, tasteless shit tier sushi like a California roll or variation thereof. I'd check to make sure that's the case before just not going there though, I could be wrong but I highly doubt they're going to give out multiple high quality rolls to anyone paying $20. So if you're into simple sushi, it could be worth it, but it was the worst mistake I ever made personally.

>> No.4010811

If you love california rolls and its varieties.

>> No.4010815

I don't like sushi but I sometimes go to these places with my gf.

I usually eat the other stuff all the places seem to have - General Tao chicken, chicken katsu, veal chops, etc.

Sometimes I get high right before and gorge. It doesn't feel good.

>> No.4010844

>>4010769
Eel and salmon all day, everyday.

>> No.4010867

The all you can eat sushi place near me has all you can drink sake as well, it's definitely worth it.

>> No.4010906

>>4010793

Aji Sai?

>> No.4010929

how to piss off your local all-you-can-eat sushi bar: eat nothing but sashimi

>> No.4010961

>>4010769
Just ate some sushi last night. I'd say yes if there isn't any stipulations.

>> No.4010986

>>4010769
If it's like the shit in your picture with imitation crab everywhere, no. If it's actual good sashimi, yes. Read the fine print, and bring someone who is more experienced with sushi than you. If all you've ever had is the average American sushi, you may not be able to differentiate quality from junk food.