[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 58 KB, 614x869, Ayem Nour et Nabilla Benattia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4010329 No.4010329 [Reply] [Original]

ITT: We discuss the benefits we've received for being a "regular" at any place involving food.

>> No.4010332

they spit less in my food

>> No.4010334

>>4010332
but only if you tip

>> No.4010336

off menu ordering
chef tries out new stuff on you gratis
no wallet, no problem. see you when you come back.

>> No.4010337

I used to work in a grocery store when I was 17, I used to be nicer to regulars

>HS kid from a private school would come every day after play basketball to buy a white Naked
Would always save him one, if we were down to the last one I'd put it in the fridge behind the counter for him.

>hot chick who lived upstairs
Sell her beer even though she was underage. We all thought she was 25, turned out she just was 19 and just turned 20 a few months before I stopped working there.

>certain people who've been regulars for years, most lived nearby
They could buy stuff on credit and pay later

>This guy came out of his way to come to our store cuz he like the staff more and no one else had mango Arizona
Would always save him one

>> No.4010339

Outstanding service, a lot of times.

There's this craft beer/burger place that I go to with friends every week or two, and one of the servers is a total bro. They rotate out their beers every week, and this guy knows exactly what types of beer each of us like and what to suggest.

He usually just sets free samples down for us if it's something he thinks we'll like. Even better, he now charges us for pints when we order talls or drinks that come in snifters/wine glasses.

>> No.4010340

>brother worked in fancy restaurant
>apparently everyone loved him
>we'd eat there as a family
>get everything on the menu once, large plates and everyone gets a nice small share
>chef make special dishes not on the menu
>it was his last day so he made it extra special
>brought out a steak and carved it for us after telling us about it(how cooked/seasoned/etc
>we found out he never even did that when the owner's wanted to show off
Best meal of my life, hands down

>> No.4010354

>>4010329
>dat whore on the left

>> No.4010364

>>4010337
I love you.

Other than them knowing my regular order, nothing much. I don't go to one place a lot, I like trying out lots of other things.

>> No.4010366

>>4010329
At my local coffee place, I dont even have to order. They know my order so well that they start making it when I walk in the door. In fact, one girl stopped working there and pursued other work for around 8 months, then still knew my order when she came back.

Plus i'll always get my drink in a large take-out cup (since you get more in a takeout cup) regardless of the size I order.

Plus they have those loyalty stamp-cards where you get your 10th coffee free, and if anyone ever leaves a stamp card on their table when they leave, the baristas collect them up and give them to me and my buddy when we go in.

Of course, I think I spend more money in there than I do on rent, so I can see why they do it.

>> No.4010382

Used to play in a band, at a bar that served food. We'd play every month or so and band members got free pizza and drank on the house for the rest of the night. We'd also get paid. The pool tables were free as well, and at closing time the manager would break out the ashtrays (smoking ban in UK bars) and we (the band plus friends and family) would smoke pot, drink (for free) and play pool while our guitarist played tracks off his laptop's music archive through the mixing desk and PA system. This would go on until around 4am.

The place closed down recently, which sucks. Not too surprised though!

>> No.4010384
File: 40 KB, 250x337, disniqqasrs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4010354
>not picking the one on the right.
They both obviously have the same bust size, and the one on the right doesnt look like a fucking doll. She looks real.

>> No.4010400

>>4010384
>not fucking a doll

>> No.4010425
File: 467 KB, 270x203, 1315132227900.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>live upstairs from small cafe
>become friends with owner/cook
>wander down for a meal or coffee once a day
>he doesn't charge me for most things
>hangs out and eats with me if it's not busy
>makes special dishes for me sometimes
>i tip $10 or $20 when i can
>help out when the server calls in sick

>on the weekends he comes up after closing and gets drunk with me
>mfw going back down so he can make us some restaurant-grade drunk food at 3am

>> No.4010432

my dad friend is a pizza shop owner so I could get free pizza anytime I wanted

>> No.4010434

>>4010382
sounds nice

>> No.4010441

There is a local pizza place in my hometown in MA that's amazing. He always asks how my parents were when I went to pick up dinner. I moved to KY about 5 years and went back to MA for vacation. That pizza/grinder place was the first place I went to, he still remembered me and asked how my parents were. Then I got free pizza and grinders for my whole family.
I put 20 bucks in the memorial fund for the owner's son that died a few years ago, I went to school with that kid.

>> No.4010447

Fuck you guys are lucky.

I've been going to this same restaurant once a week for the past 5 years, and I don't get many benefits. Basically:

- we never have to pay for coffee after a meal
- shots of limoncello or other digestifs are free
- off-menu orders
- the waiter/part-owner treats us particularly well. Sadly, he can be rather annoying at times

>> No.4010451

At my favorite burger place, I get 25% off everything, large drinks for the small price, and free sides occasionally. Plus, if I have an idea for a burger, the chef will cook it up for me

>> No.4010478

>Khmer coffee shop
>Go there almost every day even though I live above a different coffee shop
>Good Khmer-style coffee, shit American-style coffee; no espresso
>Place offers somlor ktih chrook mnoas, pork and pineapple coconut stew, a curry-like dish, and is one of the best renditions of it I've ever had
>They often give me free, homemade steamed pork/onion/egg buns with whatever my order
>Allow me to keep a tab there if I happen to forget my cash wallet since they don't take credit/debit

>Javanese waroeng
>Free food all the time
>Let me keep a tab
>Have semi-conversations with my broken Tagalog and their standard Javanese (the languages have some intelligibility)
>Bring them food from my culture that I think they'd like; give me food from their culture that's not on the menu
>Trade recipes for Italian and Filipino foods for their recipes for Indonesian and Javanese foods
>All is right with the world

>Greek-owned pizza shop
>Shit pizza, but the owner is pleasant and they make homemade bread they sell with goat cheese, so I go there often
>Owner speaks Greek; I speak an Italian-origin dialect of Doric Greek
>Much conversation about our respective cultures, comparing/contrasting our differences and similarities
>Free Greek coffee, frappe and gelli candy; none of that is even on the menu

>Israeli coffee shop
>Owner is surprisingly pleasant Israeli woman who is obsessed with southern Italian food and culture
>Makes me shakerato and charges me for a double espresso; not on menu

>> No.4010525

The owner of my local subway was a total bro, he'd hit on any girl, and share stories with every guy that came in. Too bad he fucked up and it closed down.
There's also this Kebab place, where basically any student from my high school came in to order, who was so sweet (made special student menus, gave out free coke, let people try new sauces), people made a facebook fanpage for him.
Then there's this place run by two vietnamese women with fucked up teeth, who don't know a single word of German (where I come from), but have these huge portions and yell at each other in a cute way.

>> No.4010545

I have never frequented the same restaurant enough to be more than recognized and treated in a warmer, yet still obsequious, manner.

Don't you get sick of eating the same food all the time?

>> No.4010551

>>4010550
Yes

>> No.4010549
File: 134 KB, 446x400, 1337028053474.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4010384
>picking the one with the manjaw.
>not fucking the one that put money and effort into her appearance
>feeling good about yourself.

What kind of feminist faggot have we got here.

>> No.4010550

>>4010329
A-are her tits real guys?

>> No.4010554

>>4010549
>put money and effort into her appearance
>flashing panties

Good luck with that

>> No.4010555

>>4010551
hnnnnnnnng

>> No.4010558

>>4010555
> liking freakishly huge breasts

When you get out of puberty you'll realize why tastes can be wrong.

>> No.4010561

>>4010558
24 year old here.

hnnnnnnnnnnng

>> No.4010563

>>4010554
>flashing panties
>a negative

My Jesus! The betamax levels!

>> No.4010567

My parents are regulars at a bar/restaurant that does a wing night every Wednesday. I would go with them sometimes, but not often enough where I would get the benefits they do.

As soon as they sit down, they bring them out of a bowl of homemade potato chips that are the best I've ever had. The waiters and waitresses also work different sections, and there's one guy there that really loves them, and he'll always serve them if he's there, even if they don't sit in his section. He's a nice kid, I know he's sat down on more than one occasion when he wasn't overly busy to talk to them about things, like how college is going and the girls he's dating. It's really cute, honestly. My parents love him.

All of the servers know their regular order, food and drinks. They always get a beer a piece, but if they order an extra they're never charged for it. The wings they get come from the freshest batch. They used to like getting certain sides with it, but they took them off the menu. If they have the ingredients in stock for it though, they'll make it for them.

Their meal ends up being like $15-20 total every time they go because the wings are so cheap, so it's not like the restaurant is making a lot of money off them. They always tip a minimum of $5 though, just because they love the people that work there.

>> No.4010568

ITT: butthurt femanons

>> No.4010569

>>4010558
>liking freakishly huge breasts
>When you get out of puberty you'll realize why tastes can be wrong.

lol nope. 27 years old and my gf has 34D cup. Liking large breasts, hips, and asses is pretty common among social groups.

>> No.4010570

I work at a hotel so when certain places deliver we get coupons for food discounts. A local place lets us compound them so every few weeks I'll order dinner in.

The guys who run the joint are like 50s-60s and Lebanese, always call me "Honey" and "Sweetheart" because I'm the only girl working the desk and always slip a little extra food in my orders. 8 mozzarella sticks? Why not make that 12? Free spicy fries? Why not.

The local chinese place always gives me a free 2-liter of soda, too.

>> No.4010576

>>4010569

I guess if you can brainwash yourself into not being disgusted by all the stretching and sagging.

>> No.4010577

>>4010563
Not that guy, but flashing panties may have been a positive when I was like 18 years old and sex-starved.

Not really into the whole trashy thing anymore.

>> No.4010582

>>4010576
>I guess if you can brainwash yourself into not being disgusted by all the stretching and sagging.
I don't care, she isn't saggy or full of stretch-marks now. I don't pick who I fall in love with based on their projected aesthetics, when my body and sex drive will most likely be declining too.

>> No.4010604

I'm a regular at a local café.
I bake them cakes sometimes and they give me free coffee and such. They let me stay for as long as I want even if I'm buying nothing, and I can be there before and after opening hours, as long as I lock the door when I leave.

>> No.4010630
File: 126 KB, 920x650, 12792310041187519865.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I get lunch at this fancy restaurant every day, M-W. I've been going there for like 3 years now, because the menu changes a bit each week. After a month, the menu is completely different. I know everyone and they know me.

>Sometimes the owner will have a drink with me, on the house, just to be friendly and show his appreciation for my being a patron
>My table is always reserved, and they give me random free appetizers as soon as I sit down
>I get 20% off everything, which leads to me tipping very well, since I can pass the savings to the waitresses
>They always send me the sexiest girls working there.
>I could probably ask to fuck them and the owner would make them lol
>Can eat there whenever I want and pay it another day, but I don't go if I can't tip at least $20

>> No.4010646

>>4010630
>I could probably ask to fuck them and the owner would make them lol
You sure could man. You sure could.

>> No.4010648

>frequent local viet place
>get special noodle bowl with pork and egg roll

>give us extra egg rolls in noodle bowls free of charge

Yep.

>> No.4010655

>>4010646
can't tell if sarcasm

>> No.4010682
File: 210 KB, 900x582, 2012-11-16-Reservations-About-Breaking-Reservations.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Working at Subway
>I make the best Subs with lots of extra wishes for our regulars
>they usually pay

>> No.4010689
File: 172 KB, 601x800, 1352643212655.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw i worked in restaurants for about 12 years
>mfw every single 'regular' was a complete fucking wacko with the exception of a few good people
>mfw you all probably fit into the wacko category

>> No.4010722

>>4010689
>live in foreign country
>good language skills but socially inept
>go to restaurants alone often
>frequent same few semi-regularly
>recognised but never get benefits
>eat meals in silence
>fuckthisisawkward.jpg
>hate self, go to mcdonalds next time

waiter tried to make small talk with me once but I was so thrown off because I didn't expect it, I could barely reply

>> No.4010736

>>4010722
also:

>go to place for third time
>something wrong with dessert
>try to attract attention of maitre d
>thinks I'm saying hello
>waves and walks off
>owner asks if everything was OK twice when I pay the bill and prepare to leave
>reply yes because now the conversation would be awkward since I've eaten the dessert
>look like an idiot since he is probably asking because the chocolate fondant has a 15 minute cooking time and it appeared in 5 minutes, and it wasn't fondant at all

>> No.4010749

>>4010630

7/10

>> No.4010752

>be a white guy
>have an asian girlfriend
>she and i go to a local pho place alot
>i go there by myself quite a bit too, it's on the way home from my friends house
>go there last week by myself
>order one bowl of pho
>cashier says "she doesn't want anything?"
>i look over, some asian girl is sitting alone at a table
>it's not my girlfriend
>laugh and tell cashier that it's not her, just me today
>she laughs and says sorry, she remembered me (i stick out because i'm tall) from earlier times but didn't quite remember what my girlfriend looked like
>pretty sure they gave me extra beef in my pho

>> No.4010755

Free gelato at this place I go to for subs.

>> No.4010756

I'm only a regular at my barber shop.

>> No.4010765

>In Rome for a week
>have a great meal at a restaurant on Via della Croce
>is nearby to hotel, convenient
>return next night
>waiter recognizes us, even more friendly, get free appertifs
>go back next night
>overjoyed to see us, slow night, talk about his grandkids/family drops a bottle of sambuca on table, tells us to drink up - no charge
>final meal in Rome, on way to different place
>waiter sees us strolling by, practically drags us into his restaurant
>"Menu? You don't need no stinking menu"
>starts bringing out food, wine, sambuca, he's having the cooks make up stuff I don't remember being on the menu
>wind up eating/drinking nonstop for nearly 3.5 hours
>only charged for menu turistico ~$25/person --everything else was free.

RIP Benedito of Re degli Amici back when it was good in the 90's. Kind of like a lecherous Italian version of Sgt. Schultz.

>> No.4010782

I hate it when people recognize me. I just want to eat in peace, leave me alone dammit.

>> No.4010788

>>4010782
true say

>> No.4010802

>>4010782
I either want to be completely anonymous and spoken to as little as possible, or I want the whole works: knowing my name, having a regular table or dish, nice small talk, making my family extra welcome, etc.

All I have managed to achieve is "you're starting to become a regular aren't you?", followed by being sat at one of the worst tables in the restaurant next to a waitress station, not being brought any bread, drink brought without a word or smile, and nobody wishing me goodbye when leaving

I order high priced items like steak, eat quickly and quietly, pay promptly, and am perfectly friendly. I tip generously in countries where tipping is customary. I don't get why I obviously come across badly to people

>> No.4010806

>>4010782
I remember when I was a kid, maybe from ages 10 to 13, my parents would sometimes go to Atlantic City for the weekend. I would go with them sometimes because I liked going to the boardwalk, go to the arcades, check out the cool shops in the hotel.

We stayed at the Tropicana hotel and we always ended up going to the buffet they had there for dinner. They had a this one guy there working the pasta station. You know, where the chef would ask what kind of pasta you wanted, what kind of sauce to put on it(marina or alfredo) what toppings, etc.For breakfast, it would become an omelette station.

And every damn time, the same chef was working the pasta station. And any time I went to get pasta, the chef instantly recognized me. Made me feel awkward as fuck.

>> No.4010839

>>4010550
>>4010555

No they're not. Her name is Nabila, she was in some shitty reality tv show in France.

>> No.4010885

My family frequented a local chinese food place (yes, it was Americanized Chinese food) enough that they knew us all by name. Typically we'd get a free dish without or some serious discounts.

Place closed when the economy tanked.:(

>> No.4010890

>>4010366
>At my local coffee place, I dont even have to order. They know my order so well that they start making it when I walk in the door.
This, at a local Mexican restaurant. They know what I'm going to order, and will start making it once I walk in the door.

>> No.4010893

>>4010890
awkward if you fancy something else and by the time you talk to the waiter they have wasted ingredients

>> No.4010896

Got in good with all the people behind the counter at a local subway. Wound up getting free double-meats, 5 dollars for ANY sub, and then it got even better. This was one of the subways where they did the subway cards- you get a point for every dollar you spend there and then can use the points on food (10 points for a cookie, 75 for a sub, etc.). Some people didn't bother getting a card, so a guy behind the counter started one and started collecting points on it instead of them. He racked up like 500-1000 points on some of them and just started giving em to friends. One day he asks how many points I got on my card, told em like 23 or something (had just used a bunch). Said he'd "trade" me. Gave me a card with 400+ points. Free food like a motherfucker. Month or so later same question. Trade again for 300+ point card. Shit was ridiculous. Being engaging/funny/friendly has some sweet perks.

>inb4 someone hates on Subway

>> No.4010904

>>4010896
I feel like subway could be my sort of thing (I like sandwiches) but I'm confused by how it works? never been there but could try it – what is the ordering process.

>> No.4010910

>>4010896

Also, while in Italy with a bunch of bros we're at some small local bar in Carpi. It's early I guess, we're the only people there save for one or two quiet locals. We are relaxed, having a good time, and drinking our faces off. We're into round 4 or 5 and the bartender delivers a huge plate of simple finger foods to us gratis. Not bad right? Well with every two rounds after that he delivers a new plate of BETTER appetizer-esque items. By the time we left we were getting some kind of grilled meat and bread with an olive oil-based dressing (was totally hammered and it was a long time ago, so not positive what it was but it was goddamn delicious). I didn't even think the place had the equipment to make that kind of stuff but then I had never been there before. We exchanged maybe all of 30 words with the guy (excluding drink orders and thank you's). Never saw him again unfortunately since we took off in the next day or two. Still, made the trip that much better and WAY friendlier to a bunch of american bros than we anticipated (of course this was like a decade ago too).

>> No.4010912
File: 17 KB, 242x275, 000102011.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a regular at a 7 11.

As soon as I walk in, they get my buffalo chicken rollers ready, and I get my daily NOS energy drink.

Feels slightly awkward, since it is a 7 11 after all.

>> No.4010916

ITT: People who can't cook for themselves at all

>> No.4010924

>>4010904

First things are sandwich size, sandwich type (i.e. meat[s]), type of bread, and type of cheese, and whether you want it toasted. Also you start and the end of the line opposite the register (so if the register is on your right when you walk in, go to the counter space on your far left). So you might say you want a "footlong turkey and bacon with pepperjack on wheat - toasted." They will throw your shit together, toast it, and bring it out for the next step - vegetables. Standard shit, tomatoes or no tomatoes? Lettuce or no lettuce? So on n so forth. Lastly is dressing - mayo, mustard, chipotle sauce, whatever. It has less variety than Quiznos or Togos, technically, but I find both those places to be a bit... greasier? I dunno, I think they add more calories to get more flavor - which is fine, but I think subway is flavorful enough without more oils. That's about it.

>> No.4010926

>>4010722
This was life for me when I lived in Japan, but then the people at McDonald's would recognize me and make comments to the other workers like "see that guy, he's in here all the time by himself", and "i wonder if he has any friends", and this old lady who worked there would always smile at me kind of pityingly. So I just brought a couple friends with me a couple times, and spontaneously started up conversations with strangers in there as though I knew them. Of course, then the problem was meeting my "new friends" too often in McDonalds and always having to make conversation with them. So I changed to a different fast food place after that.

>> No.4010934

>>4010802
Some restaurants would prefer you brought your friends in to liven up the atmosphere, drink more alcohol, and pay a higher bill. It's sad, but that's the way the business works for some of them.

>> No.4010940

>>4010926
I deliberately switch up McDonald's and times of day to avoid some of that, but I still know what you mean. I care less about it there though – it's not really the same as sitting under the spotlight in a restaurant where it's socially weird to eat alone. McDonald's has the advantage of being able to convince yourself that it's a time thing, not a money thing, or social awkwardness thing. Although they're so busy here that sometimes it is actually quicker to go to a proper restaurant.

>> No.4010941

I'm a nighttime regular at the donut shop I used to work, good friends with the night manager. Usually get about half-off on my coffee, a few free donuts, and get to try anything new they get in before they start selling it.

>> No.4010946

>>4010934
I mostly go on weeknights so it's not like I'm taking space away from customers who are jostling to get in the door. However, since I turn over quickly, they shouldn't even be bothered.

>> No.4010944

>>4010912
I think you could do a little better for what you seem willing to pay ($2 for junk food and $3 for an energy drink). You could get a real meal for that amount.

>> No.4010950
File: 21 KB, 480x360, 5581587[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Went here for my first date with my boyfriend in 2008; the owners were parents of one of our friends.

In 2009 the ownership changed and became "Parker Asian Bistro" and we didn't want to go back.

Then around 2011 they realized everyone hated "Parker Asian Bistro" so they went back to being Mark Pi's. We thought our friend's parents had bought it again, so we visited, but we found out it was still the new management. Shrugged, oh well.

There were a few weeks where we were regulars back in March and April. We talked to the guy at the register a lot and we were there sometimes twice a week. Then we got busy with law school and internships and stopped going (the restaurant is in a town that's 20 minutes away from either of our houses), but we went yesterday out of nostalgia and the owner remembered our order by heart and he asked us about what we were doing in school/work

It was a little weird

It's probably more that we were just predictable than that we were 'regulars'...

>> No.4010953

>>4010950
>new management
>mooches off old name's reputation
fuck this

>> No.4010955

>>4010916
If you weigh the amount of time spent cooking, the amount of ingredients wasted (since you cook for yourself and will never use them all before they spoil), and the time spent cleaning up, vs. just going to a place, sitting down and eating right away, it actually evens out for some people.

I can cook, but I still eat out very often because preparing food for just myself really ISN'T much cheaper. Oh, sure, I can buy celery for $.20 per ounce or whatever, but I have to buy a pound and a half of it, and that's just one minor ingredient in probably 4 meals I'll be able to use it in before it spoils. Add in every other required ingredient, plus time, and it's often not worth it to me.

>> No.4010959

>>4010940
The thing was that there was only one McDonalds in the town I lived in, and all the kids would go there. I was teaching English at the local schools, so a lot of times I'd get recognized when I didn't want to, and the kids I didn't know would start thinking that all foreigners liked McDonalds, or who knows what. It was a lose-lose situation. At least it was carry out, so I didn't have to stay in there too long.

>> No.4010964

>>4010332
But the spit is my favourite part!

I've been given extra side dishes and desserts for being a regular. More attentive service, too. (Unrelated to tips, I believe, but more on being a regular since I go to places family-owned places where the manager is the waiter, etc.)

>> No.4010967

>>4010955
Living in France ATM. Compared to the UK, eating out at a restaurant is really cheap – there is not much difference between the supermarket and a restaurant, unless you have a car and can drive far out of town to the huge supermarkets. There is a restaurant 2 minutes' walk from me with friendly owners that will do steak, frites, and large dressed salad, with a Coke for 12 euros. It's cooked right by you, and there's all the free water and bread you can eat. I can rack up 12 euros of groceries in a few seconds at the local shops, and come home with almost nothing to show for it because the city prices are ultra high.

>> No.4010969

>>4010953
Well, they got their shit together, at least. The service is just as good as when our friend's mom was running it.

Maybe even better, because the new manager doesn't come over to us every ten minutes to try and embarrass us when we're on a date.

>> No.4010971

>>4010967
Oh, and service is included at 15.5%

>> No.4010974

>>4010967
Holy shit! Free water!?

Fuck me, I have to get to France right now! Fuck!

>> No.4010977

>>4010974
It sounds dumb but it makes your drink more enjoyable. It's kind of a thing here – often people don't order drinks they just have the water.
I think the bread is a nice thing to do, especially since it's usually from the baker next door. But, you don't get butter – it's not the done thing.

>> No.4010984

Local take-out restaurant, walk in and the cashier/busboy asks "the usual?" Gives me free chips and salsa while I wait for my food and gets it out quicker than other people's. Given, I've been going these for years since I was a sophomore in high school.

>> No.4010989

>>4010974
In Europe you have to pay for water. Was a culture shock for me when I went to the UK.

>> No.4010996

Man when I go into Niggas Pancake Shop w/ Free Fat Woman Pussy I get the benefit of being given some machine gun ammo before my black ass gots to shoot at other black people. The point is all white people suck and are super racist. I hate you niggas.

>> No.4010997
File: 122 KB, 600x450, 1350061900918.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4010989
>In Europe you have to pay for water
What the hell is wrong with people that they'd charge money for water? What's next, charging for air?

>> No.4011002

>>4010996
4chan is for users 18 years and older. Please come back when you are of age.

>> No.4011005

>>4010989
All UK restaurants will give you free tap water if you specifically ask for tap water. If you just ask for water they will assume you want mineral water since it is considered 'nicer'. Some restaurants provide free ice/mineral water but if they do, they will always bring it – you would never have to ask for it. They usually bring it and say "some water for the table".

>> No.4011008

>>4010997
Often water is metered in Europe so it costs them money to provide tap water.

>> No.4011009

>>4011002
Or...

don't.

>> No.4011038

>>4011008
Tap water is metered in the U.S. too. But it's so incredibly cheap, and restaurants are already using so much of it for cleaning dishes, etc., that not providing 8-12 ounces of water per paying customer would be like providing chairs, but charging 5 cents for the chair cushion.

>>4011005
Ahhh, I got you now. A lot of our restaurants are starting to do this too. They'll ask "what kind" of water we want, and most customers just look at the server, blink, and say "the kind that's free."