[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.96 MB, 277x202, 1350372787623.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3980651 No.3980651[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I have three Chicken drumsticks, With flour and a full spice cabinet what can i do to make them delicious? I have no eggs.

>> No.3980673

Wash them in a bowl with running water until the water comes clean, then drain, but do not dry excessively.
Shake with spices as desired. I like powdered rosemary, powdered lemon zest, powdered red chili and powdered peppercorn. A good medial step would be to rub the chicken with pasted garlic before tossing with spices.
Next, wet your hands with water and massage the spices into the chicken.
Finally, coat with flour. Massage with wet hands again and coat with more flour if you prefer a heaving coating.
Shallow fry over medium/medium-low heat at 175°C/350°F (use the bread test to discern the temperature) for 7 minutes one side, then flip and fry 5-6 minutes the other.
Drain on brown paper and consume.

>> No.3980740

>>3980673
Thanks man, need to go shopping tomorrow however so i have no oil left, I shallow fried it until crisp then have put it into the oven to make sure it cooks through.

>> No.3980753

>>3980740
If you're going shopping, don't forget the eggs! Unless, of course, you've an egg allergy, then... ditch'em.