[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 10 KB, 193x245, 1318562278001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3977194 No.3977194[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Sup /ck/, I have a problem.

Moved away from my parents few months ago and I'm not sure if I'm doing so well nutrition wise. In 3 months I have not eaten any kind of fruit or veggie at home. I do eat salad at school but I jut fucking cannot be arsed to prepare it myself, making the main dish is big enough a chore for me. And of course none of that shit even tastes good.

So yeah, how do I make tasty salads that don't take too long to prepare? I don't want to die of having defiency of every single micronutritient.

>> No.3977200

I never make salads at home.

I just snack on stuff. Broccoli, tomatoes, apples, avocados, oranges, bananas. If you find cooking to be a chore, then just buy some fruits/vegetables that you like to eat without prep.

>> No.3977205

In my opinion, salads are a waste unless you're a big family or restaurant. Not only are the ingredients perishable, but it can be laborious to prepare.

You're much better off eating nutrient-dense braised greens, roasted vegetables (everything under the sun), and maybe even something like a chilled corn salsa made from grilled corn, raw purple onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, and some lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. That's not going to wilt and brown in the fridge.

>> No.3977213

Make hummus.
Dip a vegetable in hummus.
Enjoy vegetable.

>> No.3977219

I guess that makes sense.

While I'm here, one more question. I recently gave up milk (which I consider the best beverage ever and have been drinking shitloads for all my life) because it makes my skin greasy. What options do I have taking into consideration I would like similar protein content? I'm /fit/izen and I used to get a big share of my protein from milk.

>> No.3977234

>>3977219
>giving up milk
I.. I couldn't do that.
You're a bigger man than me OP.

>> No.3977246

>>3977234
Yeah it is kinda hard... I can't tell you how fucking much I love skim milk (inb4 hate from full milk lovers). It's so fucking fresh I can hardly deal with it.

>> No.3977256

>>3977219
eggs

You can hardboil a case of them, refrigerate and peel them as needed.