[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 135 KB, 1024x768, fota6_walking_taco_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3951133 No.3951133[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

ITT: Dishes and meals that are fairly easy to prepare at a campsite. Pic somewhat related. The version I had was just a can of chili heated up over a fire then put in a bag of fritos

>> No.3951135

Can of Dinty Moore beef stew.

>> No.3951143

Wrap corn and potatoes in foil.
Set on edge of fire.
Drink beer whilst flipping every once in a while.
Profit.

>> No.3951146

>>3951133
beans, eggs if you can keep them intact, bacons and other met cuts, jerky, any kind of stew, peanut butter, oats.

>> No.3951150

>>3951143
Mein schwarzer Freund

That's what I do too. By the time everyone's buzzed up and starting to get hungry, the taters are done.

>> No.3951156

This interests me. I usually just take tins of stuff to festivals with a gas camping stove. Noodles added to soup makes a nice substantial meal.

>> No.3951165

>>3951143
Also, build a chuck box. Makes life easy pease

>> No.3951168

>>3951156
I used to do this when I was working a 12 hour shift. I'd take a can of vegetable of beef vegetable soup and add it to a pack of ramen noodles. I'd easily coast through my entire shift on that meal.

>> No.3951174

>>3951168
Tuscan bean soup is good with noodles too, nice with a few tortillas.

>> No.3951191

Hot dogs and hot sauce.

>> No.3951743

Well if we're talking about backpacking camping and not car camping, here's some things I came up with my dad when hiking the John Muir Trail. You're basically going for 2 weeks at 10,000 feet for 20ish miles a day so we had to kinda carbo load to keep our weight down supplemented with very dry homemade jerky, jerky sticks and trail mix with lots of peanuts/cashews/walnuts/almonds for our protein needs.

For meals, prior to the trip we'd prepare sealed ziploc bags that'd usually consist of some easily reconstituable starch like instant mash potatoes, minute rice or crushed ramen noodles mixed with some kind of freeze dried beans, soup or chili mix. We'd also mix in instant miso soup packets with couscous. We'd then use a jetboil container to boil the water and pour the ziploc pouch into it to minimize packaging and waste (you have to pack everything out) so all we'd have left to take with us was empty ziplocs. This kept us going for a 2 week 240 mile hike.