[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.14 MB, 1366x3655, microcake.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3949716 No.3949716[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

ssup /ck/?
I'm moving out for myself next week, and i will probably be struggling with money, so i've got this question:
How to eat cheapest possible? Like what will make me full with smallest amount, and what will give me most energy, for smallest money.
I live in norway, if it has something to say.
It would be cool with some recipies too
picture semi-related

>> No.3949719

pasta / instant noodle
soup or drained

>> No.3949740

OP here
i know we are talking cheap and stuff, but i can't eat only noodles since they loss of vitamins and other stuff (potassium, iron, magnesium etc). I appreciate your tip, but...eh...noodles, rice, potatoes are pretty obvious ones, tough more of a sets like, dunno, risotto or something

>> No.3949752

My diet consists mostly of: Stews / Curries with rice, pasta with oil or tomato based sauce, oats for breakfast and the occasional sausage or meatloaf or whatever.

Basically, the cheapest and easiest alternative is bean curry, I'd recommend looking up a recipe for Rajma and following it. Always have rice, and try to have some pickle (like sauerkraut) in case you're feeling low on fresh vegetables. Remember, while meat isn't that expensive depending on where you buy and what part beans are insanely cheap considering dried ones basically triples in weight while cooking.

>> No.3949761

Thank you anon!
any more tips?

>> No.3949776

>>3949761
The key to keeping your cost low is to simply not buy stuff that often. For this your main source of food should be stuff that has a long shelf life so that you can buy a big amount and then just keep it. Don't make a dish for 1 portion, make for 10 and freeze it.

I'd also recommend investing in a decent spice rack. Spices are surprisingly cheap considering how long a 20g pack will last you. And it helps to vary the flavor of something you've already made. Long lasting condiments are also good to have, have some emergency sriracha or hot sauce in case you get sick of a dish.

Otherwise, check around the frozen aisles to find some catch. Vegetable mixes and chicken can sometimes be bought in large quantities and they will last you a while.

Also if you drink coffee or tea, invest in some of that too since the occasional hot drinks helps slowing the hunger.

>> No.3949777

Ask for the least popular/cheapest stuff your butcher/ fishmonger has and how to cook it.

For example raw macquerel is around 5 € /kg where I live whereas most other fish cost 16-20€ /kg and are less tasty

>> No.3949815
File: 507 KB, 771x1024, 1346637062282.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3949716

>microwaved cake in a plastic container

Sweet fancy moses, I think that's the most disgusting thing I've seen on this board.