[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 55 KB, 518x389, Steamed-Chicken-Breast[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3936190 No.3936190[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How do I stop the crap that forms on chicken when steaming it or boiling it?

I don't mind that the fat liquidizes and escapes since I'm using it in a recipe where the chicken is just there to give the meal some substance.

Lower temperature and longer cooking time?

>> No.3936204

No one one a board dedicated to cooking knows how to do this?

This seems like one of the great mysteries of cooking chicken. I can't even find it on Google outside of "I don't have that problem when cooking chicken".

>> No.3936205

>2012
>still boiling chicken

Nigga do you even poach

>> No.3936210

>>3936205
Same thing happens with poaching.

>> No.3936218

Hrm, if you're not outright searing the meat, I can't imagine how you'd eliminate that "scum" that forms from steaming/boiling. It happens all the time when I don't full on sear it in a high heat pan, and even then it still happens a little until I get around to caramalizing that side of the chicken cut. It's basically the fatty juices getting squeezed out as the muscle contracts from cooking.

>> No.3936219

>boiling meat

I hope you're drinking the water

>> No.3936223

>>3936219
Why would I drink the water? I'm just boiling/steaming/poaching the chicken for filler protein.

>>3936218
So there's no way to do this right and some people just have the magic ability of never having had it happen.

Honestly I'm not surprised. Google has zero information about this despite it being seemingly obvious.

>> No.3936225

>>3936223
If all you are interested in is the protein, I guess. Seems like a waste to me, that's all. That chicken lived and died for you man!

>> No.3936227

>>3936225
If I wanted flavorful chicken I'd stuff it and grill it or something. It's going into a burrito. The other ingredients are going to overpower it anyway.

>> No.3936230

That is frozen chicken right? I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about as my chicken comes out clean and tender when I poach it. I do normally use spices, maybe that is why? Lol, idunno

>> No.3936231

>>3936227
I don't mean for flavor, just heart healthy fat and cholesterol.

>> No.3936243

Do you mean the scum that forms on the stock? That's coagulated blood and is ladled out just like anything else. As for your mysterious "crap that forms on chicken" all my chicken pieces came out just the same, clean. What exactly does your cooked chicken pieces appear to be covered in?

Also if you are the kind of retard that throws the stock away, you are a wasteful little shit and deserve no advice.

>> No.3936715

What is your recipe exactly OP? Maybe we can find the problem in there because when I poach/boil my chicken, I've never had this problem either.

>> No.3936726

Stop poaching chicken, that's a terrible way to cook it.