[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.21 MB, 986x1257, 1346018397776.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3863331 No.3863331 [Reply] [Original]

Post your Marinade recipes.

One of my favorites for chicken is

Lemon juice
Lime juice
Finely chopped Habanero
Garlic
Vinegar
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO AN ARGUMENT OVER WHETHER OR NOT TO MARINATE A STEAK.

>> No.3863343

Do you guys marinate your ribs?

I've tried them both ways; personally, I like ribs where they're tender enough you can bite into and leave teeth marks in the meat. Everyone I know always cooks them in a way that one bit causes all the meat to fall off.

Any good marinades for ribs? Beef or pork?

>> No.3863354

>>3863343
The secret to ribs is using a smoker over about 8 hours. That is how they get to the fall-off-the-bone status. I personally prefer using a dry rub for ribs. but soaking them in vinegar for a little while before putting a dry rub on will also help to make them more tender.

>> No.3863360

>>3863343
I like a dry-ish/paste marinade for my ribs (and most pork bbq) I don't record quantities, I just keep fucking about until it tastes good.

Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper (coffee grinder for large quantities)
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Brown sugar
A good portion of paprika
Ancho chili powder
Chili flakes
A bit of maple syrup
And then I throw in a few more herbs+spices depending on my mood.

Then I light some sugar maple chunk charcoal and throw some mesquite and/or hickory chips for good measure

Without the paprika, sugar and syrup it makes a great steak spice

>> No.3863364

>>3863354

Like I said, I freaking hate "fall off the bone" ribs. That said, I've heard brines are popular treatments for them.

>>3863360

Fucking delicious, I gotta write that one down.

>> No.3863416

>>3863364
my bad. skimmed your post and was mistaken of what you asked for.

>> No.3863419

>>3863364
It's worked well for me, key is to give it enough time to soak in. Hope you enjoy it, try experimenting with different flavours until you find something you like.