[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 22 KB, 360x480, trifle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3845675 No.3845675[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I'm planning my wedding, small ceremony, <30 people. I like cake fine, but want to do something different. I want to make mini trifles for everybody (I've been to weddings with cupcakes in place of a regular cake, so the pre set servings isn't an issue.) Overall how do you think this will work? Also, trifle thread.

>> No.3845692

Trifles taste better when they're prepared ahead anyways, so mite be cool. You can just premake it before the wedding and have the last minute touches like the fruit topping or more fresh whipped cream prepared before serving.

>> No.3846734

that will be cool for a sit down meal, thing with cakes is you can walk around with a slice and a serviette and it minimises cleanup

but mini trifles, from a culinary standpoint, are brilliant. in fact i think you've inspired me to make one at some point this week. are you gonna do the same for everyone or have various different ones?

>> No.3846751

Im also getting married soon. I like your idea. What type of vessel were you thinking of using to serve them?

>> No.3846763

disposable cups and spoons are a must.

this is one of the first things on /ck/ in months that makes me want to break into the nearest supermarket (past midnight here) for the ingredients and make this right now ready for tomorrow.

>> No.3846915

I made single serving lemon custard + buttered rum cake + blackberry trifles in highball glasses for my mother's birthday a few weeks ago. shit was so cash. I'd recommend setting up a trifle bar. It took me 2 prep hours to get this shit together then afterward had the idea to just set out each piece and let people build their own shit. Woulda saved so much time.