[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 76 KB, 300x309, perfectlycalm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3801175 No.3801175[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>go to Bob Evan's for a family reunion with my mom and dad
>down on the motherfucking farm
>get seated at a small table with random sticky shit on the tabletop and chairs
>clean, empty booths are 5 feet away
>ohwell.jpg
>loud, obnoxious family of 4 come in
>they get the clean booth
>go to take a piss
>stalls are located right in front of the door when you enter
>walk in only to see a fat hairy man wiping his ass, the door wasn't locked
>try not to notice
>finish pissing and go to wash hands
>some little shit kid omes in and washes his hands in the sink next to me
>turns the water on full fucking force
>try not to notice as water splashes on my face, shirt, and pants
>come back to table
>order the pork roast hash with flapjacks
>get the food
>hash is delicious, until I notice multiple long, black hairs in it
>try not to vomit
>move on to flapjacks
>bite into it, the center is still liquid
>gag reflex activated
>cough up liquidy mixture of uncooked flapjacks and maple syrup on the table
>I'm paying for the meal, total is $60
>mfw

>> No.3801189

Bump

>> No.3801195

>>3801175
>>3801175
>>3801175

>not complaining loudly and getting new food, possibly for free, likely heavily discounted.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease nigga. I hate people who complain about nonsense in restaurants but you have a pretty solid case bro.

>> No.3801201

I went to an awful restaurant, they had to use these towels,
All their food was awful, tasted like something from your bowels,
I had to leave right away, 'cause it didn't really matter,
What was I thinking, ordering the poopoo platter?

>> No.3801199
File: 72 KB, 267x342, 1336847963926.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3801175
You are a jiant fag. I would have shown the waiter the hairs in the food and refuse to pay for the meal. You Are Fucking Beta. Why did you keep eating after finding the hairs.

>> No.3801203

>>3801175
> not legitimately complaining about hairs in food and undercooked pancakes

Man, I don't give a fuck what you say after this post but you are a fucking PUSSY for not speaking up and therefore you DESERVES your terrible service.

Grow a spine, fag.

>> No.3801206

>>3801175
>I'm paying for the meal, total is $60
sounds like a good deal

>> No.3801205

>>3801195

I didn't say anything about the flapjacks because I should've learned my lesson, as the last time I ate them there they were undercooked too. I did complain about the hairs, and I got a free $10 off the next time I come back.

>implying I'm going back

>> No.3801212

>>3801205
Super pussy. You should have gotten your meal for free.

MEGA FAGGOT ALERT HERE PEOPLE. OP IS A CODE BLACK LEVEL FAGGOT.

>> No.3801213

>>3801199
I stopped eating after I found them.

>>3801203
You, read this:
>>3801205

>> No.3801214

Why are people so concerned about hairs in the first place? I promise you the shit you can't see is far worse.

>> No.3801216

I gotta say, I'm not really one to complain about hairs. If it was a really long one or a pube that would be different, but last week I had an eyelash in a sandwich and just took it off.

I don't fear confrontation or anything like that and I am a very hygiene-conscious person... I just know that an eyelash or a small hair doesn't mean shit.

>> No.3801223

>>3801214
Next time you get your hair cut, take all your hair shavings, and put them in your next meal and try to eat it.

>> No.3801221

No doubt OP still tipped.

>> No.3801232

>>3801205
>>3801205
>>3801205

What a load of malarkey. A $10 "discount" on a $60 meal is still putting money in the restaurant owner's pocket. They should have at the very least taken it off your bill that night and replaced your food. If a restaurant owner served me food with pubes in it I would look at $10 coupon for a future visit as if he just whipped his dick out, slapped me in the face with it, then defecated in my wife's purse. I've been given 10 dollar coupons at places by managers trying to drum up future business. You sir, are a world class chump with a capital 'C'.

>> No.3801236
File: 21 KB, 395x298, tumblr_lbqpfuPI8i1qdabkd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3801232
>What a load of malarkey

>> No.3801237

>>3801223
That's far different than 'a hair'.

I cut my own hair so maybe I'll think of something to make with it.

>> No.3801244

If you get a bullshit coupon like that give it to someone at the next table or something. Restaurant gets no extra business out of it then.

>> No.3801245

>>3801237

A disgustingly interesting concept.

>> No.3801247

At Bob Evans Restaurants, we take our guests' experience seriously.

To help us to stay in touch with your needs and desires, we ask a randomly chosen sample of guests like you to complete a brief survey describing their most recent experience at our restaurant. We use the responses to this survey to evaluate the performance of our management teams, to develop improvements to the menu, enhancements to process, and to guide improvement in all aspects of our restaurants.

This guest satisfaction survey provides us with a ready source of information that can help us to make every experience at Bob Evans the best it can be. This is just one way we strive to treat strangers like friends and friends like family.

If you received a special code on the back of your Bob Evans Restaurant receipt, we invite you to fill out our guest satisfaction survey.

http://www.bobevans.com/ourcompany/survey.aspx

>> No.3801253

You should have eaten and run, explain that you're not fucking paying for black hairs and completely unprepared food. You should have just said that and left. What would they have done?

>> No.3801257

>>3801237
It would be like that one time you decide to cum in your mouth/on your face. It is really hot idea right up until the first sploorge, when you realize it was maybe not the coolest thing to do.

>> No.3801267

step one, take pictures. Step two, complain about food. Refuse any "coupons". Just say you feel sick, you're not coming back to such a HUGE violation of sanitation, leave without paying.

>> No.3801271

>went to American Club in Singapore with boss and coworkers
>go to the nice restaurant upstairs, boss is paying
>only 7 of us there, and have as many if not more waiters tending to everyone
>menus don't list prices as only the host gets the menu with the price in traditional nicer restaurants
>order a nice filet Mignon because I like steak
>coworkers are Indian so they have trouble finding much to eat, we order some french fries that they munch on as well as the odd vegetable dish on the menu
>generally racist (towards Indians) Singaporean staff clip cigar tip for coworker who is loving it
>those of us that can drink get some brandy, including the Indian that had the cigar since it was a special occasion
>everything is impeccable

My stories are boring. It was kinda goofy having a club in another country for just Americans though.

>> No.3801275

Man, the Bob Evan's in my hometown was really bitchin. The baked potato soup was amazing, and every meal I had there was great. Better than Applebees or Chilis, for sure.

Sorry yours sucks, bro.

>> No.3801276

Well OP, i've had similar experiences like yours, but this story of mine is by far the worst experience i've had at any restaurant.

>be 16
>on the way home from theme park
>stop by a restaurant for dinner, the restaurant used to be a closed denny's
>food served on styrofoam plates
>get chicken tenders
>only 2, obviously frozen tyson brand that tasted like it was fried in a skillet
>friend gets steak
>undercooked, he asked for well done
>other friend orders salad
>shitty iceberg lettuce from the bag (tasted like it, she said)
>again, all of the food was served on foam plates and plastic silverware
>place closes down a couple months later
god that place was awful. Usually family-owned non-franchise restaurants are really good, but this place was god awful. good riddance.

>> No.3801278

>>3801257
>>3801257

Are you the anon from a couple of days ago from that marshmallow fluff thread?

>> No.3801282

>>3801276

I never believed places could actually do that kind of nonsense until I watched that Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares from the UK.

Show focused on generally privately owned restaurants that were run about as badly by people occasionally shopping at the grocery store for things to serve in the restaurant.

>> No.3801295

>me and girlfriend are stoned as fuck and hungry
>decide to go to applebees and the closest applebees is at a ghetto as fuck neighborhood
>whatever its 11pm
>go and only one group is there
>start ordering and they start howling something while looking at us, can't tell what because it was a thick street talk
>girlfriend apparently understands and tells me shes scared and we should leave
>no its cool theyre in a group cause theyre pussies
>i was wrong
>one guy grabs gfs ass and his friends are going WHOOP WHOOP
>kick him in the dick
>the guys stop WHOOPing and are about to beat the shit out of me
>suddenly applebees staff comes out of nowhere and beats the shit out of them with bats in one hand and some sort of pistol in the other
>girlfriend is hiding under a table and motion me to come over quietly
>guys are basically thrown out and thee applebees staff ask us if we good
>manager or some shit gives us our meal for free for the trouble dem kids did us
>never go there again

>> No.3801299

>>3801295
>i was wrong

lol'd

>kicked him in the dick
You kicked a man in the dick? You deserve whatever you get.

>> No.3801307
File: 29 KB, 396x385, 1313607528336.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Go to diner after a movie with friends
> Waitress is very nice, relaxed and joking with us
> Order a mushroom swiss burger with grilled onions with a side Caesar salad.
> Caesar salad is exactly the same thing as the bag kit versions. Same dressing, cheese, croutons
> Burger is a miserable hockey puck of ground beef. Mushrooms were canned and were not even grilled. Just thrown on there. Swiss cheese unmetled and the bun was stale. Fries were almost cold.
> Friends complaining about the food as well
> Pay it, but not happy about it. Tell the manager. He's a dick to all of us since we were only teenage kids at the time.
> Give the waitress a nice tip, tell her good luck. She thanks us.

Hopefully that nice person got a good gig at a quality restaurant or something.
What a shame.

>> No.3801309

Not a restaurant experience, but I remember when I went to Tokyo and was just wandering around with my sister who wanted to check out some of the bars.

We ended up at this little roundabout that had what looked like a little park in the center of a number of larger buildings. Park was walled all around, but had multiple openings and we just wandered in one of the entrances and were commenting on all the trees and plants there were, until a few feet in we noticed a porch door and some umbrellas outside it, and realized we were basically walking around someone's yard and not some park. We quickly and quietly got out.

We ended up finding a number of miniature bars just set in various buildings. Like you'd see buildings kinda setup like an concrete office building, but there'd be stairs to secondary levels or basements on the exterior. It was kinda weird seeing how many tiny bars there really were around, most of the bars had actual seating at their bar for only about 4-5 people and then seating for maybe 20.

Ended up doing the hokey tourist thing and visited the hotel bar from Lost in Translation, enjoyed some drinks and listening to the band there.

>> No.3801310

>>3801295
>i was wrong

People that are pussies love acting tough with a group because they're safer that way if they get called out. How is it wrong to think they were pussies?

>> No.3801311

>go to local coffee place, grab coffee to go
>decide on a whim to go to new restaurant that opened up
>gf and I walk in with our coffees, sit down
>waitress gives us death stare, starts bitching about outside coffee
>ends up giving us coffee mugs to dump our coffee into
>eat meal, it was pretty good, waitress never came back after she served us
>one penny tip

Felt fucking great.

>> No.3801315

>>3801310
sometimes like-minded tough guys hang out in a group, their multiplied toughness being greater than the toughness of their parts

>> No.3801320

>>3801295
>>3801295

Sounds like you live in some sort of Nigpocalypse.

>Go to newer TexMex restaurant
>It's an American chain, seems like it has a decent mix of authentic Mexican and Americanized stuff on the menu.
>nope.jpeg
>They have opted for an entirely different menu for this new Canadian location
>everything is store bought shit, no care in the food.
>a month in and they are already advertising breakfast specials.
>Clearly they have aspirations to be a sports bar as well as a restaurant but the TVs are all small and shitty and awkwardly placed.
>Thin crowd is mostly seniors and white trash
>realize someone invested piles of money in this place and thought it would be profitable.

The restaurant business is so tough I often wonder if places like this are just tax write-offs or drug fronts. Who believed this would succeed?

>> No.3801323

>>3801307
> Pay it, but not happy about it. Tell the manager. He's a dick to all of us since we were only teenage kids at the time.

I always hate hearing about kids being polite getting screwed over by some shitty business.

I ended up doing some work in a crappy little restaurant that did these shit burgers that looked just terrible when they came out. The place had a meat grinder and all sorts of equipment to do nicer stuff, but the guy running it just felt like buying these preformed frozen beef patties to use for burgers. I always just ended up feeling sorry for anyone that ordered food in the place because I knew how little effort was being put into everything.

>> No.3801332

>>3801320
>The restaurant business is so tough I often wonder if places like this are just tax write-offs or drug fronts. Who believed this would succeed?

Probably someone that was just an idiot and thought cutting a few corners would be no big deal.

Fact is, most restaurants don't make any profit in the first year, so any restaurant opening up has to be prepared to deal with heavy losses, but you still get people thinking they can start up some little place and cut corners and still succeed.

It's the sort of reason i think so many aspiring chefs are starting up with food trucks.

>> No.3801338

>>3801323
In highschool, a friend of mine went to a local burger place that he frequented a lot. We were really high and walked in and right off the bat the old faggots that owned/worked at the place started being dicks.

They were stage whispering thing, being rude, etc. Not just about the fact that we were high either. Just dickhead behavior - sure we were 16 and high, but we were polite, paying customers.

Anyway, my buddy had been going to this place a lot so I held my tongue. I ordered double what I planned and the dickhead remarked about the munchies or whatever.

They took their time and when it was ready, I grabbed my wallet and said "enjoy the burgers fuckhead" and walked out without paying and without the food.

My friend followed suite and was pissed, but man those old fucks were assholes. Oh well, they are hopefully dead now.

>> No.3801386

I'm just going to cut and paste reviews I've posted on another site cuz I'm a lazy cunt and don't feel like green texting everything. Here are some of my more scathing reviews. Enjoy? These are all Ottawa, Canada based reviews btw.

Nate's Deli Express/Family Kitchen
"Not surprised it closed the first time... "
Went here for dinner tonight. Ordered a Reuben platter. For 12.99 you get a sandwich, coleslaw, pickle and fries. It came open faced with a big plate of lukewarm and mushy fries. It's all about the double fry guys. It's hard to screw up french fries.

The smoked meat on the sandwich was okay. Your standard thinly sliced stuff that you can get anywhere in town. More distressing was the presence of a thick blob of processed cheese on top. Lazy and cheap. I didn't detect the customary Thousand islands dressing either.

I overheard people waxing nostalgiac about the old Rideau street location, I can't understand why. Why this place was as busy as it was is a mystery to me. There are better smoked meats out there.

>> No.3801390

New York Fries
"High Hopes, Unsatisfying Payoff"
I have to admit that I got a bit giddy when I saw that New York Fries had recently added a Butter Chicken Poutine to their menu. The thought of rich curry ladeled over hot fresh cut fries and big squeaky cheese curds touched a part of me that probably doesn't need to be mentioned on a family friendly restaurant review website. So did this multicultural culinary collaboration result in an international incident or did it bring the world closer together in a harmonious union of Indo-Canadian decadence? Read on.

The butter chicken sauce itself is surprisingly okay. There is a good whiff of caraway coming from it which I found to be a pretty bold move for a fast food place. The curds are all way too small to be any good, cheese pellets might be a more apt name for them. The fries were kindof lame, to be honest I've never been crazy about the fries at New York Fries.

Ultimately what ruins it is the thickness of the sauce. It would be much better if the sauce was thinner, here it just stays clumped at the top. Halfway through the poutine and you're left with a whole pile of plain fries.

The pursuit of the dream continues. I can only hope that somewhere out there, a young Indian entrepreneur is working on a better butter chicken poutine. Maybe he's out there, substituting the cheese curd with some salted paneer, using only the finest potatoes and creamiest sauces. Maybe.

>> No.3801393

Garlic Corner
"Swing and a Miss"
You can't walk ten feet in Ottawa without running into a shawarma restaurant. The prevalence of cheap shawarma in town is a gift and a curse. There are a handful of excellent lebanese fast food restaurants along with a host of terrible imitators.

This place is located smack dab in the middle of the market, benefiting greatly from a choice location to the bars. Garlic Corner serves the ceaseless demands of hoards of shambling drunks, craving cheap meat and more hangover fuel.

Featuring aggressively priced beers and shots and even a hookah so patrons can smoke flavoured tobacco, you would think this place would be beating the crowds away. The place was near empty when I went and I think its the mediocre food that does it.

I had one of the sandwich plate combos. You get a large sandwich and a choice of 2 different sides, I went with a fatouche salad and potatos. Price rang in somewhere north of $14. A bit rich for my blood. The fatouche was awful, completely soggy. The chicken in the shawarma was also dangerously undercooked. I much prefer it when it has a bit of a crip on the outside. The potatoes were cold and unremarkable.

The guy at the counter was friendly but that couldn't save what I feel is an overpriced and mediocre product. Avoid.

>> No.3801397

Below is the review I got the most kudos for (a whopping 4 comments!).

KFC
The Double Down is Kentucky Fried Chicken's latest advertising coup. A bonafide hit in the United States, Canada has now been invaded by a marketing campaign of epic proportions. A lot of the hype seems to surround it's vaunted calorie count, but it actually falls well below Wendy's Baconator and Burger King's Triple Whopper.

I went to the Rideau center location, forgetting that it was Toonie Tuesday. The girls behind the counter were actually doing a fairly good job of pumping the food out though, and the line moved along okay. I could hear plenty of other people in line talking about the Double Down, eager to plumb the depths of Western civilization's newest low point.

$13 bought me the combo, the sandwich, a poutine and a soft drink. What can I say about the Double Down itself? Let's start with what it is. The Double Down is two boneless chicken breasts with two pieces of processed cheese, two pieces of bacon and little squirt of "Colonel's Sauce" placed in between them. Think of it as Chicken Cordon Bleu for the mentally challenged.

The Chicken itself was salty but pretty good to be honest. The bacon is almost non-existent though and the sauce was likewise barely there. The two slices of processed cheese are what ultimately ruin the entire thing, overly salty and gross. I believe that taken as a whole, the Double Down is the physical manifestation of self loathing. Anyone who willingly puts this thing inside their body, for any reason other than a one time novelty, has seriously given up. My poutine was a warm gray tray of salty slime that bears little resemblance to our national dish.

Expensive, excessively salty and revolting all around, forget the hype and thank me later, Or don't, but don't say I didn't warn you!

>> No.3801402

The Prescott
"Nope."
Pizza (small meat lovers) was awful. Mushy crust and tasteless cheese. Drowning it in chili oil, chili flakes and parmesan helped, barely. Service was that nice Ottawa style where every request above and beyond placing your order is treated with thinly veiled contempt. Beer comes with a cool little plastic cooling device inside. That's the only positive thing I can say.

>> No.3801406

If anyone is even mildly amused by these please post something. Otherwise I'm done.

Ho Ho Restaurant
"Dull"
I've ordered delivery once from here, sampling a variety of different dishes. Sauce ranges from grey and tasteless to grey and salty. It's not even up to par with other Canadian Chinese places. Don't expect anything approaching spice or flavour or freshness. Expect lots of filler ingredients like carrot and celery.

Only recommended for pregnant women, the elderly or those recovering from major surgery.

>> No.3801416

>>3801406
they amusing

>> No.3801421

Okay, now this is my last one. It even includes some tip based trolling and mild misogyny so I'm sure /ck/ will get a kick out of it. Even added some greentext to break up the wall of text feel. ( ._.)

>Wild Wing
>"Ugh"

Had trouble with service when I last visited a few weeks ago. I've had good service here but by and large the place is staffed by absent minded and unsympathetic teenaged girls. Nice to look at and popular with leery managers but not all that nice to deal with from a customer's point of view.

When we were there they were offering some kind of appetizer deal where you could get half off or discounted apps. We attempted to order onion rings as an app instead of fried pickles/jalapeno poppers etc. and were told we couldn't do that. Even though the rings were a buck or two cheaper than the other apps that were offered in the menu, it was apparently just impossible to do this. We received zero apology and no effort was made to ask a manager to make an exception. All we were told was that the computer couldn't handle the change and that was that.

Clearly perturbed at being asked a simple request, we were given attitude by our server for the rest of the night. When she delivered our drinks we attempted to add something to our order but she cut me off and said she'd be back in a second, she walked over to another table to take their order and wasn't seen again until she brought our food out. Ummmmm, No. I'm sorry honey, that's not how service works. You deal with the table you are standing at first.

Needless to say we didn't tip. I hope she got the message but I'm sure she will blame it on us being "jerks" or something.

>> No.3801446

Fuck it. Most proud of the movie reference in the title and the mayo line...

>Maskali Restaurant
>"...and we're all gonna have to take a bite."

I was enticed to visit Maskali after reading a glowing review on the Cheap Eats Ottawa blog. I don't want to turn this into a review of a review but after reading that the food was 'to die for' and the chicken 'was like heaven' I was more than a little bit curious about this place. While it was certainly 'cheap' I was unimpressed on a number of levels.

First the service. It's cafeteria style, so you order at the front and seat yourself. The cashier lady was nice but language was a slight issue. On the picture it shows a sandwich on a plate garnished with tomatoes and lettuce. I asked if the sandwich came with a salad and was told 'yes'... needless to say all I got was the sandwich. I was also asked if I wanted it spicy; As a 9th degree spice master I nodded my head enthusiastically and requested my sandwich extra spicy. I doubt even the wimpiest of spice wimps would've rated it above a 2.

You're given a choice between a normal sub bun and a more authentic wrap, I went with the wrap. The chicken was stringy and the bread it came wrapped in was so greasy it was translucent. The sandwich was garnished with tomato and lettuce that was wilted from the heat of the pan fried meat and onion. Worst of all was the decision to include mayo. As a caucasian I know that mayonnaise is widely thought of as the lifeblood of my people but I would have preferred more fire and African spices than this creamy pandering to my western sensibilites.

Maybe they have better choices on offer at Maskali but after this visit I'm not sure how inclined I am to go back.

>> No.3801451

The lowest score I've ever given.

>Chartwells(campus cafeteria and assorted food vendors)
>"The worst place to eat in Ottawa."

Oh how I pity those poor out of town fools who get signed up to the University of Ottawa meal plan. Chartwells is unequivocally the worst place to eat in Ottawa. With so many cheaper, healthier and tastier alternatives right downtown, why in god's name would you eat here? Go to the chip stand on campus, go talk to the nice guy who runs the sausage cart on Laurier, use the free on campus vegan meal service "People's Republic of Delicious", I don't care, but whatever you do don't eat here.

Do you like inferior grade burgers that are likely to be half cooked or burnt? Do you like being price gouged by chain restaurants serving up poor imitations of their regular fare? Do you like being snarled at by snooty French people who can't be bothered to repeat themselves when gently asked "pardon?". Even though the U of O has a strict policy on bilingualism and every job advertisement I've seen for Chartwells lists French AND English as requirements apparently they must have a francophone hiring manager. Don't get me wrong, I can understand enough French to get by, certainly enough to understand prices and simple directions, but it must be spoken clearly, not curtly muttered at high speed by someone on suicide watch.

I hate you Chartwells, please do us all a favour and burn to the ground.

>> No.3801461

The first negative review I ever wrote. It generated a bit of discussion and is a chain so maybe you'll get something out of it? And now I'm truly out of material so I hope the 3 guys reading this mildly enjoyed it.

>Moxie's Classic Grill
>"Gross and Expensive but Surprisingly Sexy!"

I came here with my uncle on his recommendation. He admittedly is not very adventurous when it comes to food and his reason for choosing this place was because the "the waitresses were good looking" sigh. It was during a lunch rush and we had to wait awhile to be seated. Far from being a bad thing it actually increased my anticipation! If it was this busy it had to be good right?

We were seated by an okay looking waitress, nothing remarkably good or bad about the service, it was fast though. We ordered the calimari the server suggested and it was all little bits that were extremely gross. It was the worst calimari I've ever had, thanks for the suggestion! My Uncle had a burger and fries which he enjoyed, I had the philly cheese steak which was terrible. Imagine thickly sliced lunch meat slathered in "zesty" mayo and those pickled hot peppers you see on hot dog carts topped with a soggy bun. I could barely finish it and I'm a fairly hearty eater. It was nasty. Maybe I should've ordered a steak as other people seem to have enjoyed those.

As it stands they need to do something about this menu. I can appreciate them wanting to accomodate the myriad tastes of every horned up low level executive that stumbles into this place for lunch and a free gawk but really, Asian stir frys, Greek wraps, crappy sandwiches, steaks and Italian pastas don't really help forge a strong identity. Right now Moxie's is rightly known as the pricey place with mediocre food and attractive waitresses. It's also packed to the rafters so what do I know, that's Ottawa for you.

>> No.3801469

>>3801402
>>3801397
>>3801393
>>3801390
>>3801386
> I'm just going to cut and paste reviews

Geez, thought you wouldf never shut the fuck up. Your reviews are. Just because you eat food and can type does not make you a food critic. A little, stop saying shit like "and *surprisingly* it was kind of good" and "they were *actually* doing their job". You gave nothing to support your bias. If on the past two visits it was bad, then you can be surprised if it is suddenly good. Same the with actuallys and all your other nonsense.

So... Please enough of the lame amateur copypasta.

>> No.3801483

>>3801469
K. I thought you might like it. I guess you didn't... actually. :'(

captcha: uacumad cornu

>> No.3801485

can you let someone else post for a while, your rants are starting to get a bit overwhelming. It would have been easier to just post a link to your Restaurant Thing page so people could flick through the reviews you have authored themselves.

That being said, I went to Waffle House once and ordered a pecan waffle. I bit into it and my teeth grazed something hard, I figured it was a pecan hull. NOPE. It was a rusty tack from their peg board. I called the waitress over and complained. She tried to argue with me about it and left the waffle (uneaten by me) on my bill. I spoke to the manager at the counter and he resolved the issue by not charging me. I have never been back to that place.

>> No.3801498

>walk in only to see a fat hairy man wiping his ass, the door wasn't locked
>finish pissing and go to wash hands

There's your problem. You are a stall-pisser. Piss standing up like a man, at the urinal.

> $10

You they gave it to you up the keister on that one. Notice how you are handing them real money? They are handing you a piece of paper that you can trade in for food which cost them substantially less than the $10. Also, you will probably drop and extra $50 in the same visit so its win-win. Agreeing to come back to their foul establishment after openly complaining about it... That's worse than the manager coming and bitch at you about how unsatisfied he is with you as a customer (and you standing there and taking it like a badass stall-pisser).

You should have demanded the $10 come off the current bill (or however much your entree cost) and then a gift certificate for your next visit since they basically ruined your meal and now you have to jump through hoops asking for compensation in the vague hope that you may possibly eat there again some day.

I vote for not returning. I worked there over a summer and it was probably the shittiest restaurant I have worked at. They were too cheap to buy a rubber mat or get a carpet service. The door to the galley that the wait staff used was right next to the dishwasher so it was soaked the entire time. Every single day someone slipped and either busted their ass or dropped whatever they were carrying. They didn't have a real solid plan for doing any serious cleaning. They used a wet rag (no soap orr cleaner) and wiped whatever was convenient or obviously dirty, but other than that it was never thorough. That's what worries me about those sticky tables. Too cheap to use a clean towel and some ammonia, so they just continuously wipe it down with the same unsantized rag.

>> No.3801500

>>3801498
tl;dr

>> No.3801547

>>3801500
> tl;dr
You suffered through a captcha just to tell us that you are on a message board but there is too much reading stuff. Weird.
> go to Bob Evan's for a family reunion with my mom and dad

I don't think there is anything wrong with not being a nig and always focusing on getting something for free. I've had tons of shitty experiences and have never asked a refund, Besides, not letting $10 rustle your jimmies is a frame of mind worth striving for. I just don't go back. One time the waiter asked how everything was. I told him I didn't like the steak... I wasn't going to lie about it. Next thing I know the manager is on one knee next to my table apologizing profusely. I explained the menu said "steak" which I expected would be cooked like every other steak. This was like pot roast as if it had spent time in a pressure cooker instead of on a grill. The bad part being there was nothing in the menu mentioning any unusual voodoo cooking method.

>> No.3801560

>>3801547
2/2 thought I would run out of space

> Manager on one knee

The waiter stopped by while the manager was there and he asked the waiter to bring me a menu. Said, "pick anything you want, we'll have it out here right away." I play it safe and get the shrimp pasta. Delicious.

End of the meal, manager comes by and asks how it was, I said fantastic.

When the waiter came with the check he said the meal is on the house and he hands me two vouchers, each one good for a free entree.

I'm under the impression that some of them are quite grateful if you don't put them through the worst part of their jobs (listening to whiney faggot who know you have no choice but to stand there and take it).

>> No.3801566

>>3801498
I did.. the urinals are to the left of the stalls, which are directly in front of the door a you walk into the bathroom

>> No.3801571

>>3801232

first time I've laughed today, thank you good sir.

>> No.3801576

>>3801566
*as. I've moved to my phone now, and I have Swype on it, which constantly gives me typos

>> No.3801577

>>3801566
> I did.. the urinals are to the left of the stalls, which are directly in front of the door a you walk into the bathroom

Why did you open the door to the stall and see the hairy man? Going in there to adjust your bra or something?

>> No.3801583

>>3801577
I walked into the bathroom, which requires opening a door, right? As I walked in to the bathroom, I saw that a stall door was open, and inside that stall, was a hairy fat man wiping his ass. Since the toilet is positioned facing the stall door, I was able to see the man. At NO point did I open a stall door.

>> No.3801588

>>3801577
I hope he knows you aren't suppose to flush tampons.

>> No.3801624
File: 324 KB, 1920x1200, 1331435341621.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I work at one of these places where the food is frozen, processed crap, and the only things that are fresh are the vegetables...and those are of a dubious quality.

I've only been there a few days, but I'm already looking for new work. I'm not a good cook, and I'll never pretend to me, but the bland crap that we shove into the mouths of tweakers, old people, and drunks makes my skin crawl.

To make it worse, this is my first job ever actually cooking in front of a flat top, boiler, stove and oven. I thought the job was just going to be food prep and dishwashing, but I've been thrown in and given a crash course in premade food. Gravy from a mix, old fry oil, and worst of all, I'm not allowed to season anything, because old people for some odd reason can't stand salt and pepper, let alone some bay leaves.

I'm hoping that even though I'm kind of old to just be getting into the restaurant business, I can take at least my knowledge of using a flat top and get a job at a new restaurant.

So...I guess you guys can ask me what it's like working in this place. If you want. Probably better than some guy copy pasting restaurant reviews.

>> No.3801637

>>3801624
>Gravy from a mix, old fry oil, and worst of all, I'm not allowed to season anything, because old people for some odd reason can't stand salt and pepper, let alone some bay leaves.

God I hate old people food. So often the can't handle the tiniest of things.

>> No.3801638

> That being said, I went to Waffle House once and ordered a pecan waffle.

I know that feel. You bight into some mashed potatoes.
"Oh god, please let that be a stray piece of Capn Crunch and not a bug carcass" (even though they don't even serve cereal)

Story related.

> Long story short. Just sat down. Asked the floozy waitress for two waters. A cockroach crawls from under the table, up the wall, then across the wall about 2 inches above the top of greasyass napkin dispenser. It walks all the way across then goes back under the table on the other side. Friend and I turn to look at each other at the exact same time with a look of awe on our faces. My idiot friend says, "well that was a waste. He could have gotten from here to there quick by walking under the table". My respone, "I will be in the car".

How can you even bother to complain about that? Not like I would want them to bust out a can of bug spray as if it would make any difference.

>> No.3801645
File: 204 KB, 816x816, url.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>working at a burger/fry truck
>place claims to serve fresh organic beef
>we really serve boxed frozen crap from god knows where
>chafing dishes we use for poutine gravy sometimes go unwashed for multiple days
>boxes of meat have been left in an unrefrigerated truck for multiple days
>the meat is oozing orange liquid and has an extremely foul stench to it.
>told by my near senile boss that "it's fine, cook it"
>mfw someone could have died or been seriously hurt
>mfw she was willing to jeopardize her entire business in order to save $60 on a couple boxes of shitty meat.

>> No.3801644

>>3801638

> Drive 3 hours to a concert. Show let's out about midnight. All but the driver are still trippin ballz. Driver insists we honor hour agreement of free ticket + gas + dinner if he agreed to not get fucked up so that we could. Go to Waffle House. Place is completely slammed. We literally sit there staring at the tacky ass yellow tables/walls under the obnoxious lighting (I think WH was designed in the 60's by fruitcake hippies that thought the decor would be part of the morning stimulation experience. That's what coffee is for dickhead). Almost two hours until the waitress takes our order. They literally stopped taking orders until the place had cleared out and was half empty. All the while we are begging the driver to just take us home, we even offered to could up a 20-spot each to comp for the meal. He's all pissed that the show was absolutely spectacular, but he couldn't enjoy it "cause I wasn't high man" (no, u r not a phan, "man"). Even after all that, service is still slow. Food mediocre. Conversation is shit because these guys are boring as fuck. Highlight of the meal: after we are done eating, the fuckin idiot scumbag waitress comes to our table and says she would appreciate it if we could hurry things along, pay, and leave, because her shift is almost over. I guess she was concerned she would miss out on that huge tip she earned by leaving us to rot for 2hrs. My head finally hit the pillow at 6:30am

Tl;dr: waffle house, cockroaches brazen enough to walk right past you under bright light fixtueres. 2:45 to get a meal I could cook in 8 minutes.

>> No.3801682

>2005
>work in a pizzeria
>opening a can of pineapple
>can doesn't open all the way
>try to open can with hands
>right index finger gets caught on the lid
>shout, not scream, as I bleed into the fresh pineapple
>taken to the emergency room
>get stitches
>get workman's compensation
>also get my bonus in free pizza and breadsticks
>feelsgoodman.jpg

>> No.3801696

>>3801682
>canned fruit
>fresh fruit
pick one

>> No.3801722

>>3801645
> Boss
> She

When you see those two words in the same sentence, you know the story will be a tale of horror.

> Indian restauant, owned by korean. Guy is very friendly. Staff is all mexicans, the really fresh kind that speak no english whatsoever. They are way to friendly. I sat down at the table, mexican guy pours me glass water and the opens up my napkin and places it on my lap for me. I feel a bit skeeved, but its OK.

> Place is always packed, they charge quite a bit more for everything, the food is mainly vegetarian based, staff probably gets paid in leftovers.

> I open the menu, a laminated card falls on the table: RICE NOT INCLUDED. YOU PAY FOR RICE. Not only tacky, but it highly annoys me to pay $3 for goddamn rice. A sure sign that they care only about your wallet.

> Order a diet coke. I've been drinking it by the 2liter for decades, I know exactly what it tastes like in all stages of decarbonation. Heat damage, old age, dropped/shaken. I can diagnose a mistaste. Same goes for fountain drinks. I worked around brixers for the same length of time and I can diagnose the funkiness when it happens. This shit was basically poured from a 2 liter bottle that had been sitting out all day. I look at the drinks prices: $2.75 for an 8 oz glass of stale diet pepsi poured from a 2 liter that not only has been serving customers since lunch time, but they didn't even bother to refrigerate it. Continue browsing the menu, see an $18 cauliflower entree.

> Pay for my disgusting pop and leave.

When I see a restaurant being cheapass bastards to that extent, I must wonder how they feel about paying those exhorbitant prices for things like soap and hot water. And what happens when the meat starts to go south? Immediately throw it out? Of course they do. And what about that slothful grocey store throwing all those expired vegetables in the dumpster?

>> No.3801742

>bob evans
>taking your parents out for a meal at a motherfucking chain restaurant
>not taking them to a more upscale place
>white trash detected

It's stories like this that makes me glad to be raised by yuppies who taught me how to choose a place to eat with class.

>> No.3801778

>>3801299
THATS NOT YOUR PURSE
I DONT KNOW YOU

>> No.3801787
File: 63 KB, 300x300, bobby-goes-nuts-tv-episode-photo-u1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3801778

THAT'S MY PURSE

>> No.3802126

>>3801638
ahaha your friend 10/10

>> No.3802242

>>3801338

Whatthefuckamireading.jpg