[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 81 KB, 500x500, 2440_PC_Deluxe_White_Cheddar_Macaroni_&_Cheese_Dinner_-_(EN)_-_(500x500).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3792060 No.3792060 [Reply] [Original]

ITT: fancy versions of pleb food. Inspired by the pleb food thread.

Example: PC white cheddar mac & cheese = fancy version of Kraft Dinner...or something.

Pic related.

>> No.3792067

C'MON GUISE. THINK!

>> No.3792084

I need ideas for dinner, either order in or go to grocery store and make myself

please respond

captcha: players psusad

>> No.3792088

LOBSTER MAC AND CHEESE

>> No.3792094

>>3792084
Grocery store and post what you make.

>> No.3792096

>>3792094

alright but I need an idea of what to get there

>> No.3792152

Sorry OP, PC mac and cheese isn't THAT fancy. C'mon, you can do better.

>> No.3792154
File: 84 KB, 620x619, wholefruitpopsicle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

sexy popsicles

>> No.3792269

>>3792152
I'm just saying it's like the fancier version of ULTIMATE pleb food, like fucking Kraft Dinner, bro.

>> No.3792618
File: 31 KB, 300x300, shrimp crab nachos.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Shrimp and Crab Nachos
Ingredients
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, cleaned and picked
3/4 cup sour cream
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 (9-ounce) bag yellow, white, or blue corn tortilla chips
3 cups grated pepper jack cheese
1/2 cup sliced pickled jalapeño

Directions
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, cumin, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
Combine cooked shrimp, crab, sour cream, and green onions in a large bowl.
Spread tortilla chips on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, and top with jalapeño.
Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately

>> No.3792641

mac and cheese? pleb food?! naaaah man. i cook mac and cheese when I have company over or on payday. that shit aint' cheap.

>> No.3792678

>>3792269
Kraft Dinner is the pleb version of actual macaroni and cheese, which is a fairly expensive and absurdly delicious dish when made right. Macaroni and cheese was never a "pleb food".

>> No.3792683

>>3792618
1) Sounds fucking delicious (I'm partial to seafood)

2) How's this plebian? Is it because it's a rendition of nachos? Shiiieeet, nigga, crab ain't cheap.

>> No.3792701

>>3792683
it's cause of the nachos

same, I fucking love seafood. When I get back up north I'm getting me some and making this.

>> No.3792703
File: 85 KB, 646x452, homemadevelveeta.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Homemade Velveeta Cheese
Ingredients
1 tablespoon water
1 1/2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
12 ounces Colby Jack cheese, finely shredded
1 tablespoon nonfat milk powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
Directions:
Line a small 4×5 loaf pan (disposable pans work fine) with plastic wrap, letting the excess hang over the sides. In a small bowl, combine water and gelatin and stir. Let sit for five minutes. Combine cheese, milk powder, salt, and cream of tartar in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse a few times to combine. Meanwhile, heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. When milk begins to simmer, revome from heat and transfer hot milk to a measuring cup to make pouring easier. With the food processor running, slowly add hot milk through the feed tube at the top of the bowl. Add prepared, thickened gelatin mixture. Stop food processor occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl, and continue whirring until the mixture becomes perfectly smooth. Working quickly, transfer mixture to prepared mold, pressing mixture down into the pan with a rubber spatula to remove any large aire bubbles. Smooth surface of cheese, and cover with the overlapping plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours, or overnight.

>> No.3792714
File: 26 KB, 225x281, winejelloshots.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

jello shots are pleb? maybe?

so

Wine Jello Shots
Ingredients
5 tablespoons cold water
3 packages unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup orange muscat dessert wine
1 1/4 cups Sauternes (Château d'Yquem) or similar sweet wine
1 each grapefruit, blood orange, navel orange, tangerine, and Meyer lemon, or another combination

Directions
Combine 5 tablespoons cold water and gelatin in a bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
Combine sugar, 1/2 cup water, and wines in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until sugar has dissolved. Add gelatin mixture, and whisk until melted. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, and pour through a fine sieve into a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Let cool completely.
Cut peel and pith from citrus. Cut each segment from membranes, then cut horizontally into 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick slices (you will need 1 cup). Arrange in a single layer over gelatin mixture. Refrigerate, uncovered, overnight.
To unmold, run a knife around edge of dish. Using an offset spatula, gently coax gelatin from sides. Invert and turn out onto a cutting board. Trim edges, and cut into 1 1/4-inch squares. Serve immediately, or refrigerate, uncovered, up to 1 day.

>> No.3792736
File: 181 KB, 363x321, 1344132394893.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3792060
>PC white cheddar Mac & Cheese

That fed me through college. It is actually surprisingly good for what it is.

>I still keep a couple boxes and make it when I want comfort food

>> No.3792742

>>3792736
Every time I see this picture, I get the urge to grill up a few dogs, cut up some onion, dice sone tomato and have at it. Then I remember I don't have buns and hate using regular bread...

>> No.3792745

>>3792703
Oh. My. God.

You are my hero for posting this.

>> No.3792789
File: 108 KB, 500x333, soufle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3792745
yeah sure np

I find fancy versions of regular stuff fun. My first visit at a fancy restaurant was with my best friend the day after our last day of high school. We went to the riverwalk (from San Antonio) and it's pretty much fancy tourist traps. We walked into a random white cloth place and had a chef come out to take our order and greet us. So confused but at this point couldn't leave because the place was dead (it was a random thursday and we prob walked in about an hour till their closing). And...we ordered pizza. Fancy 30bucks for a small pizza. Dessert of ten dollar fig cake with raspberries and penut brittle and some sort of ice-cream-but-not. The dessert is, to this day, the best desert I've eaten at any restaurant.

Later on one of my wealthy cousins that lives in a mansion near dallas and his dad owns this large food distributing company (I met the owner of HEButt from them, they called him a jerk to his face and laugh, guy has millions) took me to the same fancy place and told me it was the best white cloth in the city (still can't remember the name though I know how to get there). That the chef was the greatest and yadda yadda. Me not being as much of a pleb I ordered a great steak and all. Beautiful food but I never feel like it's worth the prices.

Anyway, my point is the chef was very nice my first visit and we talked about what he point in there and I'm sure we looked nervous (my best buddy is a guy, me girl, so prob thought it was a date) and poor considering we still had public school clothes on. I always thought that was cool. People in the city can treat any poor looking teens like shit but he was so nice.

pic is souffle pancakes and unrelated

>> No.3792801
File: 27 KB, 422x515, Hamburguesa de cordero.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

the most fancy of burgers

>> No.3792819
File: 480 KB, 141x141, chow yun fat approves.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3792789

>> No.3792861

>>3792789
I live in SA. Mind giving me some more info about this place?

>> No.3792895
File: 13 KB, 160x160, GRIDDLED-BEEF-RIBEYE-A-3x3_72dpi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3792861
you know you are in luck because I was on fb with the cousin just now

Biga (http://biga.com/).). They don't do pizza and when I talked with a chef he said the main chef just felt like doing that that weekend, also that their waiters aren't on for this hour. I had the steak with artichoke and mashed potato side last time. Apparently their venison is the good stuff.

Should I ever get into wealth this is where I'll go more. I've done other fancy river walk restaurants. Shark meat serving sea place, other various spots. Mainly because I used to win a lot of rewards and scholarships and they'd take us downtown. But none have kept in my mind like this place.

The chocolate pudding thing they have is good and their big dessert but the first and last times I've gone they've had this fig turnover cake on the menu that's great and I'd recommend.

>> No.3792900

>>3792895
pic was related, that's what I got and it looks better actually

they have fancy onion rings btw w/ fancy ketchup.

>> No.3792904

any recipe of onion soup that isn't just onion cooked in butter then soaked in salty water to make a soup.

>> No.3792913
File: 109 KB, 1024x676, French-Onion-Soup-Grilled-Cheese.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3792904
OH SHIT YOU ARE ALSO IN SOME LUCK
cause this is the last fancy thing I'm posting and then sleep

Ingredients:
1 Yellow Onion
Pinch of Thyme
Pinch of Flour
Salt & Pepper
2-3 Ounces Concentrated Beef Stock (~30 ml in an ounce)
½-1 Ounce of Sherry
¾-½ cup Gruyere Cheese
2 Slices of French Bread
Butter

Directions:
Get a pan with a tablespoon of butter in it, on medium-low heat. While you’re waiting for your pan to heat up, peel and evenly slice your onion, putting them in the pan once sliced. Stir the onions to coat them in the butter, and continue stirring only as often as needed to avoid sticking or burning. Your onions should begin to get that nice caramelized brown colour after about a half an hour. Once they have caramelized, sprinkle your onion with a pinch of flour and thyme, stirring to mix in. Add your sherry, allowing it to reduce down and soak into the onions, then add in your beef stock and salt & pepper to taste, allowing to reduce as well.
Butter every side of your bread, pile with your onions and your shredded Gruyere cheese and fry both sides in a pan on medium heat until golden brown.

Good night.

>> No.3792914

>>3792913
that is a french onion soup grilled cheese btw, forgot the name

grilled cheese being the pleb but it's fucking good

>> No.3792953
File: 6 KB, 549x400, !1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3792060
Whoa whoa whoa

President's Choice is a good store brand but the store brand is NEVER a "fancy" version of the name brand.

Is PC mac & cheese really better than Kraft Dinner? (I assume OP is Canadian due to mentioning Loblaws)

>> No.3793668

>>3792618
>>3792703
>>3792714
>>3792913
recipes? helpful and fun and classy recipes on /ck?

what are you doing kind one?