[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 47 KB, 275x183, photo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3779599 No.3779599 [Reply] [Original]

I would never buy grilled cheese from a restaurant. Only bought a hot dog from a place once to try Chicago style. GF took me to a sandwich place and I don't get it. I can make this shit easily at home. Why do people buy these at restaurants?

>> No.3779604

oh look at me! i can make everything at this restaurant at home so why do i bother go outside for?!

>> No.3779606

I used to order grilled cheese at restaurants as a kid because my mom wouldn't let me have them at home. So, I guess because the ingredients aren't necessarily that accessible to everyone due to one restriction or the other.

>> No.3779609

you realize a good portion of the things people get at resturants or fast food they can cook themselves

im guessing they're too lazy or dont feel lilke cooking it and would rather pay someone else to

i go to taco bell even though i know how to cook tacos, tacos which also happen to be a hell of a lot better than theres

>mfw i order quesidillas all the time

>> No.3779611

Sounds like a good deal. So cheap at home, must be a best buy when out and about. Also light, making them at home I KNOW what's in it.

>> No.3779634

Sometimes it's just a guilty pleasure, nice comfort food you get just for a change of pace. My local burger stand/greasy spoon makes them with a generous amount of cheese and at a very reasonable price, I order it with a side of fresh sliced tomatoes and it's great on a cold day.

>> No.3779635

>So cheap at home, must be a best buy when out and about. Also light,

English, please.

>> No.3779641

>Why do people buy these at restaurants?

It's probably for picky kids who won't eat anything else, and hipsters who want to make a statement with their lunch.

>> No.3779646

because grilled cheese are fucking delicious comfort food and sometimes i would rather have one than anything else on the menu. and they are cheaper than anything else on the menu even though they are actually pretty expensive considering what you get.

don't judge. sometimes when you've had a long day and are miles away from your kitchen, nothing hits the spot like a simple grilled cheese sandwich.

>> No.3779648

I usually don't have any kind of cheese but pre wrapped singles or shitty industrial bread so they can be nice.

>> No.3781792

grilled cheese + slices of tomatoes + bacon

hrrrrrrrngnngggg

>> No.3781809

there's a place I live near that like specializes in grilled cheese and tomato soup or something. I've never been there but they sell a sandwich that's made of two donuts with cheese in the middle.

>> No.3781820

W/r/t grilled cheese: It's fucking delicious.

W/r/t sandwich shoppes in general, economy of scale and convenience. Of course throwing together a sammie isn't hard at all, but it's not like I'm going to have the entire contents of a Jimmy John's in my home. Same reason I go to Shitpotle.

>> No.3781880

Hooters' grilled cheese and bacon sandwich- amazing

>> No.3781882
File: 16 KB, 360x240, 1276582322004.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Jesus fucking christ

>> No.3781883

>>3779648
Britfag here, that's something I have never understood about america.
How the hell can you call that individually wrapped stuff cheese?
Buy a block of cheddar and cut it yourself!
If I use prices overhere as a guide, it should be cheaper as well as nicer. So what's stopping you?

>> No.3781889

Cheddar does not melt like our glorious processed cheese-like product.

>> No.3781891

grilled cheese, hot bowl of chicken noodle soop, and hot tea. the ultimate winter comfort meal.

>> No.3781917

The ingredient cost of bread, cheese, and butter is never reflected in the price. Most diners and shit restaurants price grilled cheese only slightly below meat sandwiches or burgers. All the labor costs make grilled cheese a poor deal.

>> No.3781931
File: 9 KB, 222x229, jerry-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I order cereal at restaurants, u mad?

>> No.3781937

Nah, I'm just giggling and enjoying my huevos rancheros and coffee.

>> No.3781948

>>3781883
I'm guessing you mean that kraft "american" shit cheese right? I don't think it's considered real cheese. It's processed. I agree it's gross

I always buy cheese from the deli

>> No.3782001

When I go to another country I only eat at the McDonalds.