[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 27 KB, 300x228, Homer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3771800 No.3771800[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hi /ck/

I will cut out the back story, but circumstance has meant that i will now have to cook for a family of four, however i have never cooked more than basic things, and i have decided that i want to really enhance me cooking skills.

So my question is, what should i start with? I will start by following recipes ima fraid, but wanted to know some balanced nutritional meals that /ck/ would recommend?

>> No.3771818

make sure you always have -at least- 1 vegetable in your meal.

Follow recipes that sound/seem good to you.

Google a few of them to get a feel of how flexible they can be (most are very flexible).

Other then that, what kind of food do you and your family enjoy eating?

>> No.3771819

Bumpty bumpty

>> No.3771823

Thank god we arnt the most picky of people, but im looking for something that will help me build on my cooking skills

>> No.3771826

>>3769854
this and this
>>3770642

>> No.3771828

>>3771823
Here : http://ck.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

The joke ones are easy to spot. Just avoid those.

It's hard for us to give you endless recipes, much easier if you have a specific query/point you need information on.

>> No.3772098

my friend first of all you should get a good cook book that has a wide variety of recipys fro regular cooking for pastry for baking for frying deserts and so on
a book which also teaches the different techniques with pictures
try to get one good cook book rather than many small bad ones
or try online

aslong as you can read you shouldbe able to

>> No.3772127

>>3771819
bumpin, for bumpin's sake

>> No.3772169

>>3772098
Fitting that descrtion I like "how to cook", by lesley waters.

I didn'tlike all the recepies but it covers 1technique at the time(boiling, poaching, pan frying, grilling, baking, etc) then has a bunch of recipes at the end.

>> No.3773639

Youtube is your friend, OP. Recipes only explain so much but with cooking videos you can see the technique involved.

Just avoid the masokis-variety channels...

>> No.3773647

What's in your fridge? I can't tell you what to cook if I don't know what ingridients you're working with.