[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 14 KB, 200x267, vegetable-smoothie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3746432 No.3746432[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Been lurking for a couple of days and noticed that this board is one of the most politically correct and polite. Any particular reason for that? Refreshing change from /sp/ and even /fa/ lol.

To keep it food related:
>healthy decent tasting veggie smoothie recipes genereal

>> No.3746435

I believe /ck/ has a higher average age for regular posters (the key word there being "regular"), and has a higher proportion of females to males then most other boards.

Furthermore, /ck/'s primary topics (food and cooking) naturally lend themselves to a friendlier level of conversation (as opposed to, say, /sp/, where rivalries, nationalism, trash-talking, and the like are all but expected)

>> No.3746449

>>friendly
>>polite
>>civil
>>politically correct

What /ck/ are you on because the above is rare from my experience.

I almost always see page 1 laced with petty bickering over small things such as a person's preference of drink with a meal (or that having a drink at all with a meal is considered fatass behavior by some anons)

I also see things like "amerifat" "nigger" "chink" "weeaboo" and "fag" flung around in a thread

Ask for a recipe and you'll get a dozen replied about how shitty a person you are for not coming up with one yourself

Post a picture of a dish you've made/eaten and you're branded an attention-whoring waste of space and encouraged to commit suicide for not liking what anon likes

Tipping discussion... these people go full retard in those threads

I would really like to see this bizarro /ck/ you are from, OP.

>> No.3746450

>>3746449
Well relative to /sp/ and /b/ etc this is a multiracial drum circle mon frere

>> No.3746453

>>3746450

Eh, /co/ is more love and peace than /ck/

People there seem to only go into bitch mode if ponies or shipping are brought up. I've seen a great many non-/co/ threads accepted with little argument there.

>> No.3746536

>>3746432
Most people only get into cooking after they've moved out on their own so cooking isn't something that would interest underage faggots living in their parents house so /ck/ is a mature board.

>> No.3746542

People who eat well are generally in a better mood. Now, for healthy smoothies, I always blend in that blue algae powder, a scoop of vanilla protein powder and some wheatgrass juice with cut up banana/apple/strawberries/carrots and some orange juice to keep it from getting thick. If you want something less fruity, use more bananas instead of the other fruits and milk instead of OJ, then toss in a spoonful of peanut butter.

>> No.3746599

>>3746449 things like "amerifat" "nigger" "chink" "weeaboo" and "fag" flung around

Yeah, but those are all terms of endearment around here.

>> No.3746610

try putting chia seeds in with your fruite /before/ you put them in the belnder

>> No.3746632

>>3746453
/co/ is also full of shitty people who want to stay safe and secure in their hugbox

at least /ck/ has balls

>> No.3746866
File: 966 KB, 600x818, 1335331429805.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Political correctness is a cancer against honest discourse.

>> No.3746869

/ck/ is both the best and worst board on 4chan. On one hand, the vast majority of post and threads are on topic, polite, and helpful. But on the other hand, our beans vs. no beans, chicago vs new york pizzas, or meat vs. vegetarian threads can get brutal. They put cut vs. uncut threads on /b/ to shame.

Food & Cooking: srs bsns

>> No.3746871

>>3746449

>Ask for a recipe and you'll get a dozen replied about how shitty a person you are for not coming up with one yourself

Personally, I hate recipe requests on here. None of us have recipes memorized, or if we do it's only about 2-3 of them. And even if someone is actually nice enough to post a recipe, they got it off of google (usually Allrecipes.com) which the poster should have been more than capable of doing himself.

>> No.3746877
File: 469 KB, 1228x919, 1320964716920.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are you kidding me? These last few weeks of "summer" have been the shittiest /ck/ has been in years. The level of trolly and newfag is at an all time high. I keep coming back to help people but god damn if I don't chase myself away from the retardation after a few minutes.

>> No.3746890

>>3746877

Summertime is bad for all of 4chan, not just /ck/. We get an influx of idiots who cooked something on a hotplate in their dorm room and think they're chefs, or people who live with their parents over the summer and got tired of mommys cooking, so they show up here.

>> No.3746920

>>3746432
Fuck you nigger. I don't bust my fucking ass at work 40 hours a week and send my fucking hard earned money to the government just so you can fucking sit around on your front fuck porch drinking fucking malt liqour bitching about how the white man keeps you down while you wait for your next fucking welfare check.

>> No.3746927
File: 42 KB, 236x252, 170.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3746920

>> No.3746963

>>3746432
Because we like to eat and eating is universal. Just don't shit up the board.

>> No.3746964

To be honest, this board is like /fa/ minus Casefag, with a few less trolls.

>> No.3747643

>>3746964

are you fucking kidding? /fa/ is the biggest heap of shit on this entire site. even /b/ is less inane.