[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 78 KB, 600x350, BigMac.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3718240 No.3718240 [Reply] [Original]

Have you tried re-creating the Big Mac? If so, what recipe did you use and what was your level of success?

>> No.3718249

ive made a big mac replica that was better than the original, but i'm fucking wasted. i dont feel like typing the details.

>> No.3718252

if you want the el'cheapo big mac.... order a mcdouble, and tell them to add mac sauce and letus. its basicaly the same thing without the middle bun, and it costs 1 dollar.

>> No.3718257

>>3718240

Yes. I cut a normal cheap Coles sesame bun into three sections, cooked two extra-thin whole mince patties with salt and pepper in olive oil and let them sit. I used pat-dried shredded iceburg lettuce and two slices of cheddar cheese.

For the sauce, I used a mayonnaise base and added in some very finely chopped onion, a little mustard...I can't really remember, I was winging it from taste and didn't write it down.

It was far better than the McDonalds big mac in terms of quality and taste, and pretty similar.

>> No.3718345
File: 472 KB, 500x277, smokingkotominekitty.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3718252
my Mcdonalds got wise to my scheme.
>We can't do that
>mfw

>> No.3718592

>>3718345

You can do it, but you'll have to pay extra for the big mac sauce.

>> No.3720402
File: 433 KB, 1417x1059, home made mickey d's.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I only used a recipe for the sauce
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/McDonalds-Special-Sauce-Big-Mac-Sauce-Recipe.html
>tip: use half the sugar asked for in the recipe

I added salt and pepper to the meat, and just made a regular big mac (but I used tasty cheese, which I think made it a shitload better.

This is the second time I've done it. It was fucking good, but my sauce was too runny. Hand cut chips also, with extra sauce for dipping