[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 54 KB, 610x484, fiesta_taco_salad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3711764 No.3711764[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I just made myself this

scrambled eggs, corned beef hash(low sodium), green onion, tomatoes, avacados, white onion, carrots, jalapenos sprinkled with shredded cheese all wrapped up in a large burrito size flour tortilla.

Washed it down with a cup of coffee.

I don't know if this has an actual name other than "generic breakfast burrito" but thank god for murican ingenuity to do more with mexican food than just "tay-cos" -the phonetic version.

>> No.3711768

>corned beef hash

congrats OP, you just knocked a perfectly edible burrito down to taco bell-tier. actually, i'd take the taco bell given the option. at least it tastes decent.

>> No.3711769

Sounds disgusting. Find an imageboard in your own country. Kill yourself.

>> No.3711788
File: 57 KB, 340x502, Coleman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3711768

>corned beef hash

i think that is a step above grade D meat. It was just a little extra filler. I wanted hash browns ideally but didn't have any potatoes.

>>3711769
>Find an imageboard in your own country

This is an imageboard in my own country, murica! Fuck yeah! Welcome, now get out!

>> No.3711799

I actually think corned beef hash is pretty good, as long as it's like homemade stuff. Some maillard browning on leftover corned beef is pretty goddamn awesome tasting.
The stuff in the can however, is dogfood-tier, it even looks like it. Wouldn't even feed it to my dog.

>> No.3711820

>>3711788
You add nothing of value to this board with your posts, you're sense of humor is non existent and you're most likely a teen. You are why this site is worse than facefaggot now. Please at least stick with /b/

>> No.3711918
File: 23 KB, 419x212, HostessFruitPieWrapper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3711820

you add even less to this board. Go away and never come back. A hostess fruit pie contributes more than you. Furthermore you are assumptive about my age and location. You're 0 for 2 and you need to go back to the /b/ottom less hole you came from.

>> No.3711924

>>3711764
> corned beef hash(low sodium)

Pro tip: nothing says backwards-ass retarded hick than the ability to stomach that foul shit.

Only someone who injects lard with a horse needle could possibly stomach that shit.

>> No.3711925

>>3711918
So you're an adult and that's the extent of your culinary prowess, and you actually choose to post that here? Do everyone a favor and keep your photos to yourself.

>> No.3711966
File: 31 KB, 250x375, DD5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3711924

>nothing says backwards-ass retarded hick than the ability to stomach that foul shit.

I'm actually from above the Mason-Dixon Line and I hold an advanced degree.

It could be said everyone has their guilty pleasures, for me it's the occasional few table spoons of corned beef hash, for you it might be sodomy, I don't know.

That said before the days of spoiled little presumptive know it all twats that would make gross far reaching statements there was a time when this nation had hard working people. People that worked hard, often to support themselves or their family and for meager wages. A near ready canned meal such as corned beef hash was affordable and easy.

This, combined with a shrinking world where we now have things like "fusion" and a wider range of ethnic foods at our finger tips alongside the marketing of food products down to a science has changed what we eat and how we eat it.

>>3711925
I know, it was bold and brazen of me to interrupt the steady stream of tipping or how do i make ramen threads.

sure is summer in here.

>> No.3711993

>>3711925

hes so bad

>> No.3711998

>>3711966
Haha. Whatever.

Corned beef hash is like those nacho plates you see up in here once a week that is like a tiny portion of corn chips, then gigantic piles of store brand queso, generic shredded cheddar, sour cream, and all sorts of other bullshit, none of which took effort to prepare. And its always in a giant bowl or served in a pink tackle box.

Only difference is, corned beef hash comes from a can, so it is a step or two below the nacho monstrosity.

> a few tablespoons

Yeah right, you probably eat that shit right out of the pan using a soup ladle. I know its salty and fatty and reminds you of bacon, but seriously, you won't be impressing anyone with it. And god forbid any of the impressionable youngsters go out and waste $1.39 on a can of that slop to see if it will go well with their next Nacho Night.

>> No.3712013
File: 22 KB, 400x311, Joe-Pesci.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3711998

>Yeah right, you probably eat that shit right out of the pan using a soup ladle.

Worse. I have 55 gallon drums of the stuff in my apartment and I usually eat an entire 55 gallons on a daily basis. Really? GTFO you are a 1/10 fail troll, that's the best I can do. You might have potential over time but that line just blew your cover.

Game over man, game over.

>> No.3712064

I eat some really disgusting stuff out of cans and don't cook any of it.

I'll regularly consume upward of 6 cans a week of cold raviolis, beans, chicken, etc. but I have never touched corned beef hash. I think it would probably make me sick, even though I have developed high tolerances after not cooking or refrigerating anything for the last two years.

>> No.3712092

INB4 hash and scrambled eggs