[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 859 KB, 1024x768, Chrysanthemum.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3711164 No.3711164[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

my icecube trays are all gone.
i got cheap ones and they broke fairly fast.
im faced with a problem
i only have about an hour to get a bottle of sparkling wine chilled. normally id use an icebucket, but since i dont have ice thats not an option
whats the best bet
i was thinking freezer but i dont want it to explode

>> No.3711389

If you have bags of frozen veges, quarts of ice cream, etc you can use those as large ice cubes.

If you wine is hot (like sitting in a parked car for 3 hours hot), running cold water over it (or tap water bath in the bucket) will cool is to the water's temperature, 50-60F quickly. From there, finish it off in the freezer. It won't explode, just keep an eye on it.

>> No.3711400

>>3711389
Better yet, put the wine in the bucket of water, then put the bucket in the freezer. The wine will not be capable of forming its first ice crystal until the bucket is almost frozen solid. Acts as a nice buffer.

>> No.3712921

Wrap the bottle in kitchen paper - quite a lot of paper. Then soak the paper through and put the wine in the freezer for 20 minutes. It will be perfectly chilled.