[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 99 KB, 1014x675, hookfila.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20500985 No.20500985 [Reply] [Original]

You pull into the CFA drive-thru lane—not even 20 yards away from the menu yet.
>employee walks up to your car window
>close enough that you can smell what she had for breakfast
>"Hi, can I get a name for your order?"
"Uh, Anon..."
>"Anon? Okay, Anon. What can I get started for you today?"
You don't know. You can't even see the fucking menu from where you are.
>assumes that you eat there every fucking day & know every menu item & combo# by memory
You know they have nuggets, a regular & a spicy sandwich, but maybe you wanna try something new, God forbid.
Fuck you, I guess, right?
You visibly squint your eyes & maneuver your head to get a better look to make out the menu, trying to make the ridiculous situation evident.
>doesn't react
"Uhh, yeah, I can't see the menu."
>doesn't even attempt to grab a fucking plastic menu from her little work station
Fuck you again, I guess, right? You inch your car up.
>walks further up the lane
>motions for you to drive your car along beside her like she's directing traffic
You say fuck it & end up ordering 2 spicy chicken sandwiches anyway.

You probably already knew you were gonna order that before you even pulled into the drive thru. But FUCK them anyway. I want to LOOK at the fucking menu while I order. Stop presuming! The gall of these fucking goyslop joints...

>> No.20500992

>>20500985
>close enough that you can smell what she had for breakfast
I'm hard

>> No.20501003

>>20500985
what happened today OP? not the chik-fil-a thing.

what's the matter? what's the real reason you are mad?

>> No.20501014
File: 355 KB, 240x240, technoviking remembers.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20500985
>I am severely autistic.
Side note:
>"Hi, can I get a name for your order?"
The only correct answer is Ben Dayho.

technoviking is not related

>> No.20501017

>>20501003
>what happened today OP? not the chik-fil-a thing.
Nothing. I actually had a sausage egg & cheese biscuit from Bojangles this morning. And it was a quick, pleasant experience.
>what's the matter? what's the real reason you are mad?
Probably bc I'm fatigued from job searching within this shitty, dead-end job market. And it's pissing me off. Then when I get pissed off, I start thinking of other shit that pisses me off—like the CFA thing...

>> No.20501021

>>20500985
went to frys yesterday morning. about 9:15. get to the meat counter at 9:30. I usually shop much earlier and the meat counter is never stocked. today it is fully stocked and there is someone behind it.

I stand there expectantly and am ignored. I continue standing there and start accessing the app because I have to add an item to the card from the meat counter to get the discount. This in itself is absurd.

finally the person behind the counter says they will be open in a few minutes. I step back look around the counter for anything that says when they open. there is nothing. OK for me a few minutes is 2 or 3. so I stand there waiting. the person says "we open at 10:00". (internal monologue) WHAT? the store is full of people, the counter is stocked, and you're telling me that I can't purchase product before a certain time? this is absurd and not the first time it happened. though that time I did get product and was not told that they don't open at 10:00. Fry's must not like making money.

man I so dislike Fry's and it's ridiculous policies.

>> No.20501023

>not ordering on the app and picking up on the shelf inside

>> No.20501034

>>20501017
>Probably bc I'm fatigued from job searching within this shitty, dead-end job market.
Ah! see I knew it. I feel the same way sometimes, and it just takes one little thing to set me off. Hang in there. I worked from the age of 14 to 52. I hated looking for a job.

>> No.20501041

>>20501021
I've never even heard of a Fry's. Is that like a west coast grocery store?
And it was probably some wagie that didn't technically start his/her shift until 10 & is being a cunt.

>> No.20501045

>>20501041
Fry's, Kroger, smittys, fred meyers are all the same. and no I'm in the southwest.

>> No.20501050

>>20501034
Yeah I know, thanks anon. It just sucks. I try to stay positive, like consciously, but it's hard. I have this issue of when I get pissed, it's like I intentionally add fuel to the fire by thinking of more annoying shit. I know it's not healthy.

>> No.20501056

>>20500985
You VILL use ze app
Und it VILL be my pleasure

>> No.20501072
File: 1.32 MB, 640x800, sonic.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20500985
Car-side waiting is the bomb, op btfo.

>> No.20501079

>>20501050
here's tip that will save you tons of conflict in the future. when someone you know is suddenly and unexpectedly mad and lashing out at you, and you are pretty certain you've done nothing wrong. stop them and say. I know you're not mad at me, what's wrong? I learned early on to do this in my marriage and it can almost instantly derail a fight or an argument. I do it all the time with my wife.

I wish I could tell you a magic answer to how to find a job, but it's like dating. You're trying to convince someone that you can do something you know you can do. I hated it, my cousin committed suicide over the thought of it at the age of 52.

>> No.20501166

>>20501079
Thanks for the advice, anon. I do appreciate it & I will try to practice this in the future.
As for the job hunt, it is what it is. Just getting face to face with someone to sell yourself is half the battle.

>> No.20501184

>>20500985
My only issue is they often take too long to say "can I get your name." A few of them start with the order first so there's this awkward 3-4 seconds where I don't know if they're expecting me to start ordering or if I really should be waiting for them to finish tapping their tablet and get the ball rolling.

>> No.20501771

I don't really like places that ask for your name.
I get the idea is to make it feel more "personalized" but that shit is for normies.
I don't want to walk into a fast food joint and feel like a "regular". I like a feeling of anonymity. Pretend you've never seen me before in your life. I feel more like you wouldn't fuck with my order that way.

>> No.20501809

>>20500985
The only reason I go to CFA anymore is to creep and stare at the cute young girls they have working there. If I actually wanted good chicken slop I would go to popeye's.

CFA is overpriced, overrated, tiny portion sizes.

>> No.20501813

>>20501809
are they still contractually obligated to say "my pleasure"

>> No.20501938

>>20501813
No. But when they serve me, it literally is their pleasure. They're compelled to say it because they're lucky they get to serve me.