[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 172 KB, 771x960, 1689189745480352.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20116346 No.20116346 [Reply] [Original]

Think of all the simple, but great food that hasn't yet been invented...
Like pizza, crossaints, sushi, kebab...
For example if there were no Japanese on this Earth there would be no sushi...
I wonder how many such great foods we could have...

>> No.20116372

all food has been discovered until we find digestible alien life

>> No.20116428

>>20116346
>ancient Sumerians are all gone
>Sumerians invented beer
>beer is plentiful around the world
We don't need the Japanese for sushi. They could disappear tomorrow, and someone would find their recipes and techniques, and reinvent it.

>foods not yet invented
It's all been done. If anything new comes around, it's not real food, it's a product made of recycled waste, that will poison your body over time.

>> No.20116436

>>20116346
you didn't make pizza better you just made sushi worse

>> No.20116437

>>20116346
New foods make people angry as hell. Just look at all the stuff invented by veganism in the past fifteen years. People will rant for hours about it.

>> No.20116440

>>20116428
>We don't need the Japanese for sushi. They could disappear tomorrow, and someone would find their recipes and techniques, and reinvent it.
Yeah, "reinvent", not "invent".
I mean of course we could have sushi without Japanese, but they invented it already, if not for them we would have to wait for some other geniuses that invent it, but we already have it.

So my point is, how many classic foods are still missing, that have never been invented.

>It's all been done. If anything new comes around, it's not real food, it's a product made of recycled waste, that will poison your body over time.
I don't mean some shitty products like chips or some produced stuff from a factory, I mean a simple food. Sushi is just rice + fish (+ seaweed) in a particular form. Pizza is just dough, tomatoes, mozarella and basil. Crossaint is made of a very specific dough, etc.
They're all very simple, not some pos-postmodern blue rasperry doritos or whatever

>> No.20116459

>>20116346
>Think of all the simple, but great food that hasn't yet been invented...
>Like pizza, crossaints, sushi, kebab...
huh?

>> No.20116474

>>20116346
sushi was invented in korea

>> No.20116496

I agree, though in general I think we don't have enough different ingredients. Like for meat, there's 3 main species, 10-20 others you might be able to buy and that's it. But we could and should taste everything.

That said, there's a lot of different food that are made in local cuisines and never became mainstream

>> No.20116622

>>20116496
>But we could and should taste everything.
I disagree with your claims. 80% of things marketed as "food", isn't really food, it's a product made for the masses to give them just enough energy to perform tasks. Every culture always has a priestly/1%er class that's in charge, and a vast underclass or peons. The 1%ers eat healthy meat, which is red meat and fatty fish. Then they came up with cultivating and processing foods for workers and slaves
>in the Far East: rice
>in the Near East and Europe: beer, bread, pasta, pita
>in the Americas: maize, potatoes, beans
Ideally, you should just eat a carnivore diet, which is what the aristocracy always ate and nourished themselves on, while throwing carbs and booze at their slaves to get them to build structures and fight wars.

Furthermore, when it comes to vegetation and dairy, there is new research suggesting that your ethnic background makes an impact on what would be optimally healthy for you to eat, when it comes to vegetation. So let's say you live in the US, but your family is ethnically Northern European (British, Scandi, Germanic). The only fruit you would have access to would be lemons and a small amount of olives. Your ancestors didn't eat strong citrus fruits like pineapple, so you don't have the genetics to effectively digest those things in abundance. Similarly, most cultures worldwide relied on goats for milk, and thats why everyone can drink goat milk just fine. But Northern Europeans couldn't raise goats in frigid temperatures, so they got milk from cows. But cows produce lactose, and everyone is naturally allergic to lactose. But the Northern Europeans have adapted to it, and about 20% of them can actually digest lactose.

>> No.20116721

>>20116622
ketoschizo.jpg
No one gives a fuck about your bullshit, please consider never posting again.

>> No.20116772

>>20116721
>ketoschizo
It's paleo-carnivoreschizo. Get it right. I don't care about ketones.