[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 8 KB, 283x178, poached chicken.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19609276 No.19609276 [Reply] [Original]

So for dinner today, I made some poached chicken for the first time (picrel is just a vaguely related image). Basically I put three chicken thighs in a pot and cooked them in water on the range for about 30 minutes on "medium." They were bone-in and with skin.
I was shocked at the results. Sure, the skin had a slightly gross texture, but the meat was juicy and very tasty. Like what you would want from the perfect fried chicken. I'm definitely going to try this again.
Maybe I'll cut off the skin and fry it separately next time.

>> No.19610415
File: 1.62 MB, 640x360, sizzled sauce.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You might like hainanese chicken rice: thewoksoflife.com/hainanese-chicken-rice/
tl;dr, use the poaching liquid and the fat from the skin scraps to cook rice, eat it all with some sauces like webmrel

>> No.19610840

>>19609276
>Sure, the skin had a slightly gross texture, but the meat was juicy and very tasty
What's stopping you from blasting it under the broiler? Or get a stainless steel/cast iron up to high heat and sear the skin to crisp it up after poaching?
lol this is so easy I'm surprised you couldn't think it up on the spot