[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 25 KB, 600x300, main-qimg-1e7c552e449d228d3022fdcdb5d8ed4c-lq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19519802 No.19519802 [Reply] [Original]

It's not fast, and it's not food.
There I was one day sitting in line at a taco bell. I just ordered a 5 layer layer burrito. 15 minutes go buy and I manage to get 2 car space between me and the speaker box, you know the one. The one where they ask if that's all you want and get mad at you because they were out of what you wanted so now you have to look at the menu and still get your order wrong despite repeating it back to you 3 times? Yeah, that one.
So anyways, after almost an hour passes, I finally get to the window. The sunken costs fallacy, I think it is. You know where you've been sitting in line for so long that each minute you wait is just another minute invested. Not to mention those things aren't designed to give you a chance to escape as soon as someone pulls in behind you, so you're kinda just trapped.
Yeah, so I get up to the window and this gal rings me up, hands me back my card and tells me their out of meat. MEAT.
She says "I hope that's okay!" with a cute smile.
"Okay? Okay! OKAY!?!? I just waited over an hour for a 4 out of 5 layer burrito and you don't even have the decency to tell me about it *BEFORE* you ran my card? Of course that not okay!" I was livid, people. Let me tell ya. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd make national news over a $5 burrito, but that was 1 very possible future at the time.
Of course I didn't, but you can bet your huney I got my money back.

>> No.19519809
File: 108 KB, 1920x1440, Seinfeld-standup-1920x1440.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19519802
A few days later I was out & about and noticed the tummy rumbling again. I saw a taco bell without a line, so I pulled in hoping that this burrito might fix that part of me the other taco bell broke. This time it was actually fast, but we really got to talk about the food part now...
Five layer burrito. Thats: beef, cheese, cheese sauce, beans, and sour cream all wrapped up in a flour tortilla. It's a pretty simple concept, folks, and going off of the menu and item description I thought I knew what I was signing up for. Boy was I wrong.
You ever been cleaning the outside of your windows and the wind blows some cleaner in your mouth? That what that tortilla tasted like.
So I call up my buddy, a real fat piece of shit. You know the types. I call him up and and go "hey, Charlie. Finally tried this taco bell but it tastes like window cleaner, what going on here? Are they trying to poison me or somethin?"
Charlie just goes "hahaha, no man, noo. That's probably just the preservatives like xorbathomagnate phospherclousitite and other preservatives they put in it to help keep it fresh.
"Fresh!? Look Charlie, I know you know I travel a lot for my work. I've been to El Paso. I've had fresh tortillas! I KNOW WHAT A FRESH TORTILLA TASTES LIKE! These, these aren't fresh charlie. Magphososphate Glucosimizer!? That ain't one of the five layers, Charlie, & sure doesn't sound like any food I've ever heard."
"Wel, idk what to tell you, Jerry. We've been using stuff like sodium nitrite to presve foods for a long time"
"SODIUM NIRTIE! Two kids at my niece's school bought that stuff off of Amazon and killed themselves with it, and they're putting that IN OUR FOOD!?!? Holy cow!"
No wonder people can't eat this stuff without a packet of hot sauce on it. Apparently buying off your taste buds is the only way to make it palatable.

>> No.19519862

i didnt read this but it still looks like an ai wrote it if that makes any sense

>> No.19519872

>>19519862
AI Seinfeld is better than this. This reeks of monkey brain.

>> No.19519880

>>19519802
I dont think seinfeld said any of this

>> No.19519935

>>19519872
Yeah tbf I've never watched more than 5mins of his stand-up, so between that and memes, I don't have a lot of working knowledge how how he'd write the shitpost I was going to, but was bored and wanted to find out. For some reason I see him using words like "hiney" instead of "ass" for that idiom.

Tl;dr: In bored and taco bell is shit.

>> No.19519938

>>19519802
What's the deal with that gay boring faggot that cant do anything without a laugh track?