[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 34 KB, 600x800, doggo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19334969 No.19334969 [Reply] [Original]

I'm on a strict diet of 1,500 calories a day, only one meal, at noon time. How would you break this down to get maximum enjoyment out of your allowance? Keep in mind because it will be 24 hours until the next one, it has to be good enough to mentally last me an entire day without longing to break my diet.

>> No.19334980
File: 51 KB, 628x676, 1662630346705400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fuckin big ol' plate of cabbage and potatoes. Cabbage steamed in butter, potatoes boiled and mixed in butter. Lemon pepper on top. Fuck yeah.

>> No.19334986

I'm currently doing something similar, and just make a stir fry every day, with rice and legumes as base ingredients and rotating different ingredients in to keep it interesting. Haven't gotten bored of it yet and I've tried a tonne of different spices and flavours out. Plenty of energy and filling enough for me, though that really depends on how much you weigh, your sex, and what you're used to eating imo.

>> No.19335062

>>19334969
I'm going to be that guy, but don't do OMAD. Just do intermediate fasting by skipping breakfast. Split the 1500 into or make lunch the larger meal. Maybe 1000 for lunch and 500 for dinner.
Otherwise just load up on fat. It takes longer to digest and higher calories. You could attempt it easily with simple carbs but those will go right through you. So don't attempt carb loading.

This, >>19334980 , should work too. There's claims that some potatoes, mostly whiter ones like russet, are basically simple carbs, but with the cabbage and butter you should be fine. Otherwise red or yellow/gold potatoes.

You might start drinking coffee or tea, but do it lightly. At first the caffeine can suppress your appetite, but it can go away quickly if you try to chug it. Sometimes it makes me more hungry.

>> No.19335133

>last a whole day on one 1500 meal
Can't be done, muslims do that for ramadan and they still 'cheat' by eating as soon as they're allowed and at the last second before they can't again. You'll doing straight 24 hours? Nah.
A few years ago I did do a 1500 a day diet. Was usually:
>a couple pieces of toast for breakfast with minimal butter/margarine and whatever topping (jam, peanut butter, vegmite, or boiled egg), or skip breakfast if you can get through to lunch just on coffee/water
>coffee with a small amount of milk in between meals. or black if you can handle it. I usually ended up doing iced coffee.
>lunch was a piece of meat with some lettuce or spinach
>I might have a coke zero or non-sugar soft drink after lunch
>dinner was the same as lunch, a piece of meat with some salad
If usually did a 30 to 60 minute walk every day.
For a 'treat' try to find a low calorie ice cream or ice lolly stick to have after dinner.
Cheese and boiled eggs to make up to the calorie limit if I needed it.

>> No.19335151

why noon? i do the same (usually a bit more than 1500 calories though) except i finish eating at 6pm. i go to bed neither hungry nor bloated.

>> No.19335675

>>19334969
>wake up
>eat some oatmeal with banana or greek yoghurt with oats and jam depending on what I feel like - about 400-500 cal I guess
>eat dinner maybe like 800
>late night eat some eggs
that's basically what I do

>> No.19336213
File: 168 KB, 1200x799, prime_rib_roast_the_best_daviddestefano.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That's a hard thing to do, as you will likely feel like filling up on low calorie high carb foods, when you should be eating high fat foods. The problem being that 1,500 isn't a lot of fat to switch into.
Without cutting carbs to better regulate your insulin and cortisol responses you are going to be feeling extreme hunger for months till your body better adapts to OMAD. It's generally easier to go without any food for 4 to 5 days than it is to go OMAD because you are going to feel extreme hunger a few hours before your meal each day.

It's a hard road you have ahead. I'd suggest a better method is to go full carnivore without a calorie goal for a month or 6 weeks to transition your body onto a high fat diet, then switch to a calorie reduced OMAD that's high fat.

>> No.19336250

>>19334969
I would recommend not trying to optimize too much. Instead, find a thing that's tolerable and easy to make. Then just commit to it. Getting to where you don't have to think about it makes this type of fasting much easier.

>> No.19336263

>>19334969
IMO make it a 1300 meal and allot yourself 200 calories for a snack before bed. If you're just starting I recommend high fat/protein and low carb for max satiety. A steak and a salad for the meal and maybe some cheese or salami for the snack, for example.

>> No.19336337

>>19335062
Skipping breakfast is what fatties do. You burn calories better by eating in the morning and it gives energy.

>> No.19336383

>>19334969
your diet is stupid
I can tell you don't even have the discipline to follow something like this, because a eat once a day diet is something you fall into for specific reasons like bodybuilding to control your bloat and intake times

you're probably just a fat fuck who is kinda dumb and things, yeah, let me just do this one thing and that's it

what you're too dumb to realize is this isn't one thing. one meal looks like one thing, but it's probably 10 of 15 things like being able to ignore hunger pains and cramping, knowing how water affects feelings of hunger and body response, knowing how your body handles sugar and fatigue, ensuring you have the proper lifestyle to support only eating once--it's big deal on top of big deal on top of big deal on top of big deal.

Which is, once again, why eating once a day is generally an advanced technique done in specific circumstances.

Stop being lazy or thinking you're being smart by not doing the right thing.

Multiply your weight in lbs by 14, eat at that many calories your first month as you figure out what food you even have or what you can even cook or buy, then eat at that number minus 500 the next month until the scale moves. Once it moves subtract another 500.

And no, dont start by subtracting 800 you braindead ape more equals good ugg ugg jesus christ that's already what youre thinking isnt it. Shit why not just cut 900? Shit why not just cut 1500 and start at 1500? God, you're dumb.

Do the math, divide the total calories by 6 meals. No carbs after 6 pm, that leaves fat protein carbs for the first four meals and fat and protein for the final two. fat is 9g per cal, protein is 4 and carbs are 4g per cal, you want to get a ratio close to 50 percent protein, 35percent carb, and 15 percent fat.

figure out what you have access to eat, look on the box nutritional value per serving. once you do the math for your body, you figure out how much you need to eat each meal to guarantee weight loss.

>> No.19336389

>>19336213
I find it ridiculously easy to stick to OMAD, basically I want to eat 1500-2000 calories or more every time I eat so I just start getting fat as fuck if I eat more than once a day. Plus if I'm actually cooking, its a fucking chore to spend like 30 min to an hour 3 times a day doing this shit, just to eat a dainty little portion that's a third the size of what I want. Pointless. I cook once, I eat once, and when I do I strap in for a man size meal. Rest of the day I'm not wasting my life with it.

>> No.19336395

>>19335133
>can't be done
>it's literally impossible to live without shoveling slop into your mouth every 3 hours
American moment

>> No.19336420

>>19336395
if you had a geriatric lifestyle as in didnt have to work or leave the house or care for anyone but yourself and barely had to go out, it could be done.

but you dont just wake up one day and go 1500 diet, activate

I mean, OP didnt even talk about what they are eating calorie wise right now. They say they are on a diet, as in they are on it right now--what is probably closer to the truth is they want to start a diet like that because they've romanticized it in their head.

It's a special kind of stupid.

>> No.19336433

>>19334969
ask fit

>> No.19336437
File: 23 KB, 729x486, Pomeranian-On-White-01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I recommend eating no more than 1 pomeranian per day

>> No.19336440

>>19334969
Drink a lot of carbonation. You will be full for every meal.

>> No.19336466

>>19334969
>one 1500kcal meal
why not just have 3 500kcal meals like a normal fucking person?

>> No.19336474

>>19336466
because then you feel like you're starving 24 hours a day and literally never eat enough to be Full ever. omad is the way the truth and the light