[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 47 KB, 640x360, 1681150958939.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19147843 No.19147843 [Reply] [Original]

Which platter should I make to eat lunch at the office ? Everyone else just gets fast food.

>> No.19148289

>>19147843
Ribeye steak, mac-n-cheese, string beans.

>> No.19148300

>>19147843
That which helps you toil most efficiently, obviously

>> No.19148304

canned sardines, blue cheese and as a dessert, fresh durian

>> No.19148355

>>19147843
Sandwiches are the safe option, I like a chicken salad or coronation chicken salad with plenty of veg, usually will make enough for a few days from a rotisserie chicken and use the bones for stock. Usually also have a side of whatever I might have leftover from dinner, green beans or roast carrots or macaroni, whatever

>> No.19148589

>>19147843
A single poached egg on unbuttered and toasted rye with 3 sprouts and a pinch of pepper.

>> No.19148791
File: 123 KB, 1000x1400, me and my girlfriend.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>anon walks into the office five after nine toting a small suitcase on wheels behind him
>drops the suitcase onto his desk just loud enough to draw the attention of his coworkers in the immediate vicinity
>proceeds to slowly and deliberately unzip the top flap, pausing before abruptly flipping it open
>without looking up he begins to remove the contents of the bag and carefully arrange them in front of himself
>two insulated thermoses, one insulated sandwich bag, a small wooden rectangle that resembles a cigar box, a slip case for a laptop computer, a small plastic cylinder, and something rolled up in a small cloth
>he then sits down in his chair, crosses his arms, and spends the next hour and a half staring ahead without making a sound or blinking
>fifteen minutes before lunch he finally stands up and proceeds to methodically open each container with the same care and deliberation with which he first unpacked them
>the first thermos contains a vacuum sealed, single poached egg
>the second thermos, hot water
>in the sandwich bag is nothing but an ice pack and a glass vial containing three pea sprouts, individually wrapped in a damp paper towel
>the "cigar box" is revealed to be some kind of diy bread crisper, with nothing but a single slice of store bought rye bread
>the slipcase contains a white porcelain plate, while the cylinder is a mini pepper grinder and the cloth is a napkin with a full set of silverware
>ten minutes after lunch break has started nobody in the office has moved from their seat, and he's finally warmed his poached egg and assembled his plate of food
>he finally glances around the room, making eye contact with nobody in particular, before turning back to his lunch and taking his seat
>just under his breath he whispers, "fucking fast food normies"

>> No.19150721

>>19147843
Something that smells awful: Pickled fish, egg salad, that sort of thing. Sure to help you make friends.

>> No.19151970

>>19148791
>fucking fast food normies
This is how I feel every time someone acts above eating garbage every now and then, and especially when they say they never go out to eat because they can make better food than ever restaurant at home for cheaper. Everybody knows you're just poor and coping.

>> No.19152131

>>19151970
I never go out because I’m not a normalfaggot

>> No.19152162

>>19152131
Half the people here are shut-in neets. Nobody cares. The problem is when you're a giant faggot and insist the reason you never go out is because your home cooking is better than all the professionals, instead of just saying you never go out because you're not a normalfaggot.