[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 333 KB, 427x393, chrome_IBHDYEw8te.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19029208 No.19029208 [Reply] [Original]

how do you into pasta? do you have a process and/or method, or....?

>> No.19029232

no dumbass the pasta goes inside ((you)). your butt, specifically.

>> No.19029238

bot thread

>> No.19029308
File: 31 KB, 300x225, thumb_no-youre-a-towel-happy-4-20-have-some-towelie-51506795.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19029238
hey! I'm not a bot, you're a bot!

>> No.19029340

>>19029208
How do I into pasta? Like... are you looking for a textbook on the matter?

If they're dry, I give them between 7-10 mins (depending on thickness) until they're edible, but still have some chew to them, then I finish them off in the sauce. Heavier pasta, and thicker sauces get a longer boil time.

>> No.19029345

>>19029208
>>19029340
I guess I should finish that thought.
If they're fresh, I give them like 3 mins - same deal. If it's fresh lasagne, I give it a flash boil. Dry, I just make the sauce a little runnier - no boil necessary.

>> No.19030458

I recently discovered a hefty smattering of Ajvar is the actual way how spaghetti need to be eaten. Unlike tomato, doesn't overpower the pasta if there's too much sauce.
>lightly stir fry pasta together with other possible ingredients like onions, garlic, tomato bits, black olives.
>mix with Adjvar

>> No.19030504

I started with a simple tomato sauce
https://www.seriouseats.com/the-best-slow-cooked-italian-american-tomato-sauce-red-sauce-recipe
After that I began to experiment with different types of pasta and different types of sauces
I like Carbonara, Amatriciana, Arrabbiata (only if I don't have cured pork), Puttanesca, plain tomato sauce, tomato sauce + fried eggplant, Pesto and also I love having Ratatouille with pasta

>> No.19030568

>>19029208
my secret family technique
>boil water
>add pasta
>boil pasta
>remove water

>> No.19030638

>>19030568
Noob. What temp is the water? Do you taste the pasta? Do you add salt? Do you add olive oil? Do you use a lid? Pastalet. >>19030568

>> No.19030642

>>19029345
Post pasta.

>> No.19030830

>>19030568
>letting out the secret
Grandma is rolling in her grave, asshole.

>> No.19030831

>>19030642
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

>> No.19030837

How do restaurants cook pasta? Do they prepare big batches? Or do they use fresh pasta generally and boil to order?

>> No.19030860

>>19030638
why are you acting like cooking pasta is some fucking secret knowledge passed down from generations? The part of making pasta that can take work is the sauce, cooking the actual pasta is simple as fuck.
>What temp is the water
really big bubbles -> add pasta -> lower slightly so it doesn't foam (should still be boiling though)
>Do you taste the pasta
you can taste it when it's about to be ready to make sure the texture is right, yes
>Do you add salt
yes, the pasta water should be salted. In Italy, they say the pasta water should taste like the sea (before adding the pasta in)
>Do you add olive oil
oil and water don't mix, so it will be useless when cooking. The only usage would be when draining once it's cooked, the oil would give an oily coating to the pasta which would prevent them from sticking together. But that's unnecessary and, in fact, the oily coating could make it hard for your sauce to stick to the pasta. To prevent your pasta from sticking together, stir it once in a while when it's cooking. If you like the taste of olive oil, add it to the sauce, not directly on the pasta.
>Do you use a lid
no need, it's just gonna make a mess for no benefit. You can use it before putting the pasta in to reach the boiling point faster, though.

>> No.19030867

>>19030860
just to be clear, when I said
>lower slightly so it doesn't foam (should still be boiling though)
I didn't mean there should be 0 foam, some is to be expected. But it shouldn't boil over.

>> No.19030878

>>19030837
They make a big batch but don't fully cook it, then when it is ordered they have a pot with boiling water on the stove and toss it in to finish cooking while they get the sauce/meatballs and whatever else ready

>> No.19031188

>>19030642
I ate it. I didn't realize I was going to have to post pics. I can give a rough recipe for the angry slut pasta I made last night.

Deep skillet on burner on med-high
>add 3 strips of bacon, cut into ~ 1" x 0.5" strips - into the pan, given a little stir to break them apart, allowed to brown a bit, but still soft
>add 3 diced unripe roma tomatoes, about a tsp of demerara, and a thinly sliced chili or two- allow to bleed out a bit. Stirring occasionally
>add a good pinch of rosemary and thyme, about 1/3 of a 750mL bottle of wine, bring to a boil
Turn burner down to simmer
>thinly slice 4 anchovy filets, chop 1tsp capers, mash 2 cloves of garlic - reserve one clove of garlic, add the rest
>add a literal whack of pitted kalamata olives
>When sauce has simmered down to the consistency of wet concrete, start your pasta water on high.
>Once water boils, add {insert pasta here. I used tagliatelle], add the other clove of garlic to the sauce with a bunch of sliced basil, about 1" cube of grated parmesan, and a metric fuckton of pepper.
>When the pasta's done, reconstitute the sauce with some of the water, then toss the pasta in the sauce
>Have the missus bitch that the sauce is too acidic, and add a good splash of cream to hers - freshly squoze

>> No.19031790

I am sub-posting on this thread because it is a related question.

how do I from scratch make the best tasting meatballs and marinara sauce.

I tried smoking Roma tomatoes, but I think they were too sweet and used way too much garlic.

reccomendation? trying to stay healthy.

>> No.19031795
File: 112 KB, 431x431, 1677663021466950.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Recommend me a good pasta sauce, I want to make something good tonight

>> No.19031850

>>19031790
The best tasting meatballs are finely diced fatty pork and veal, well salted and seasoned (as you wish) and firmly but quickly pressed into shape. Pan fried on at least the top and bottom before adding the sauce.

The best tasting marinara I've made was very simple - san marzanos (fresh tomato is too sharp, and often not ripe enough), salt, pepper, garlic, a finely chopped green chili, and fresh, strong oregano, finished off with a splash of olive oil.

>> No.19032002

>>19031850
>ok

I was just thinking about how to get them from my garden, but I guess I will have to try the classic.

>> No.19032046
File: 56 KB, 750x721, 1571891972422.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19031790
>scratch meatballs
Get two types of meat, throw them in a meat grinder, freeze, then thaw out and cook.
A lot of people mix a type of pork and a type of beef. You could easily just mix some ground beef and ground turkey as well.
>scratch sauce
I would just keep trying what you did and alter it
>>19031795
You could make it from scratch, but that takes fucking forever.
Just add 1 cup of pink rosè wine to whatever red sauce you enjoy the most. Cook it on medium low heat for like 25 minutes. It causes a reaction that makes the sauce more sweet when the alcohol boils out. Add some garlic powder and cayenne pepper (if you want it a little spicy).
I like classico red sauce.

>> No.19032477

>>19032002
If you really want them from your garden, you gotta treat those babies right right up until the tomatoes start turning from green, then kind of put them on a diet so the plant puts all the sugar it can into the tomatoes by the time they're perfectly ripe. Otherwise, you're probably going to have to play with roasting or sweetening the tomatoes, or stewing and jarring them on your own and figuring out if they need anything from there. That quick heating and long-ish resting period works wonders.

>> No.19032544

>>19032046
The troll has passed the Turing test. We need to shut it down.

>> No.19032600

>>19030831
Thats some good pasta.