[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 17 KB, 400x600, cf0cdc03d85a3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18870020 No.18870020 [Reply] [Original]

I don't NEED to the booze but FUCK I want them so bad.

>> No.18870029

>>18870020
haven't had a drink in like 5 days and i've been melancholic all day Saturday while listening to this song on repeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5anlGsUIt1I

>> No.18870148

I got a dui a couple weeks ago
I think my drinking days are over

>> No.18870153

>>18870020
-t. Barney from Simpsons

>> No.18870188

I haven't had a drank in bout 5 years. Nowadays to relax I just smoke pipe tobacco and hate black people.

>> No.18870250
File: 41 KB, 600x791, 1653440758487.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18870020
Day 28 of Dry January. I was boozing in a bad bad bad way all 2022 long. I'm surprised that I've gone this far, especially since I tried in September and only made it I think 11 days in. Today I almost cracked. It's the long boring weekends that unnerve me. I planned to just smoke weed whenever I wanted to drink, but only did that one time the whole month. I enjoyed it at the time but it was SO fucking intense, I'm hesitant to do it again.

I look WAY healthier especially in the face but oddly I still have pretty bad sleep and wake up feeling unrested. Maybe it's the winter humidity that's part of it. And one thing is that I just have treated myself to any foods I wanted. No booze, but all the mcdick's I want. Snacking like crazy. But compared to the way I would eat while drinking (that was the whole point - get dickered and eat an indulgent meal) even then I'm coming out ahead.

The mood-swings and hyper-depressive thoughts have DEFINITELY mellowed out though. I recognize all the benefits and have enjoyed them VERY much. But I've had a few days, today is one of them, where it's calling me. I really want a nice citrusy IPA beer. If I did it in a normal way that might be fine, but man I think about the way I was boozing all year... Drinking in such a possessed state, like my brain had no control over my body. Drunk in public and, like a zombie leaving the house dressed in rags to walk to the store for another 6er for the night.... It's shameful. I'm really scared that that might be my relationship with the stuff if I don't kick it in a major way.

>> No.18870299

>>18870250
>It's the long boring weekends that unnerve me.
Do you have frens / a gf to hang out with?
>>18870188
>just smoke pipe tobacco
Cringe
>and hate black people.
and Red-pilled

>> No.18870320

>>18870148
I got a DUI way back when and felt that way for a while but you don't quit until you really want to it turns out. I went from getting smashed twice a weekend to really only drinking socially and that doesn't happen that often once I got bored of it. Not being hungover on the weekend is really pretty great.

>> No.18870325

>>18870148
It's easier to stay sober when you leave your wife. I'd drink everyday, always drink under the influence to go pick up some more. When I left the house without my wife, my desire to chug another beer was usually somewhat dimished

>> No.18870683

>>18870299
I have some friends, who all live quite far away (but not so far that I couldn't go over for dinner once in a while, and I do, but not so close that I could regularly just pop in on a whim). Had more friends, but Covid damaged a lot of those relationships. I was supposed to go to a movie night with those people tonight but I was tired and lazy and flaked. However I monched snacks instead of drinking out with that ennui, which is not ideal but certainly better. The amount of times that I would inexplicably flake on established plans specifically so I could stay home and get drunk alone was one of my most-worrying habits. Honestly, drugs and alcohol make you weak and feeble, that's a tremendous down-side. Not judging, but it's one of the things that upset me about indulging the habit.

I've been dating pretty actively for a little while now. When life is good that's how I'll meet a lot of social needs, tinder. One girl in particular I've been seeing for a few months, she's real nice, has a long-term live-in trans-gf so I'm just the side-piece but it's slightly more intimate than that. Like "half a gf" but that's about all I can handle with one person. We went ice skating on Wednesday. Thursday night I bought korean food for an art student from tinder and fucked her as well. Coffee date with someone else tomorrow but I get the impression it's not one of "those" kinds of dates, probably just gonna be one pleasant conversation and not follow up after. She seems bookish and shy, probably a serial monogamist. We'll see but it's something to do.
>>18870320
I can cosign this completely. As established I'm not in the same great place with booze as you are, but that whole "you feel like it's rock bottom, but it wears off" thing, yeah. Mine was in 2019. I take drinking and driving more serious than I did, although I've had a handful of bad decisions since. But I was unchecked before. Kinda scary looking back. More than kinda.

Thanks for reading my blog.